main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Mon Mothma othmar Saw Gerrera - Who has the Moral Hgh Ground and who would you Follow ?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by PadawanGussin, Jan 13, 2018.

?

Mon Mothma vs Saw Gerrera - Who would you follow ?

1. Mon Mothma

81.3%
  2. Saw Gerrera

18.8%
  1. PadawanGussin

PadawanGussin Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 6, 2017
    Two strong leaders committed to defeating the Empire but with very different ideology and methods.

Which Path do you choose?

2. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Jyn's

eko32eko7 and cubman987 like this.
  3. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I would choose Mon Mothma. Even though we see some questionable tactics in the Alliance (Casian for example) I agree with their ideology much more than I do with Saw and his group.

Snafu55 likes this.
  4. Dapper Droid

Dapper Droid Jedi Knight

Oct 15, 2017
    Mon Mothma refuses to do anything and is forced into war by her subordinates in Rogue One.If it had gone her way completely, they'd all be blown up by the Death Star.

Saw understands the brutality of the Empire and is willing to fight it, but lacks the military mind to do so. Lux Bonteri was the one who kept Saw in check most of those years.

They're both garbage and just need to recognize the superiority of the Empire. Long live the Emperor.

5. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Great question! I'll answer without the hindsight of knowing what happens in the end... :cool:

I love the black and white of the OT. I love the fact that the good guys were the good guys and the bad guys were the bad guys. I hate the fact that grey gets pushed in film sooo far down your throat these days! The old "No-one's hands are clean" chestnut is all good and well (especially in our world) as there are no nice ways of killing people in war :( We get it! SW was always great like that - Kept it simple [face_coffee] Sorry, rant over...

Your question. Before the army and now police force I would have said Mon Mothma but now I realise that my experiences would push me towards Saw. Some people can not be negotiated with and will not even sit at that table. They love power and some even enjoy inflicting horrible pain of the mind and body on others. The way The Empire are represented in this era I think we are passed negotiation and Palpatine was just waiting for the DS to get rid of the "just for appearances" Senate. There goes your democracy!

Mon Mothma was doing things the right way via talks and votes and everyone having a say - Saw was just getting it done. He (whilst starting to lose his mind a little) was attacking the Kyber shipments before they could be used for anything. The Alliance was gathering there intelligence to make a decision [face_thinking] and this is the right way but can have devastating consequences if you procrastinate.

I would join Saw. I would try and get more like minded people to join our cause and try and do things the right way. The civilian issue is the one that bothers me. Same as our world - A lot of the "bad guys" mix in with them because they think the enemy won't/can't get to them there or the outcry will be defining! Hmmm

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Lt. Hija and PadawanGussin like this.
  6. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Mon Mothma. Yes she's not perfect but I totally disagree with Saw's attacks on civilian targets and torturing of prisoners. Saw is just as bad as the Empire he's fighting against.

Lt. Hija likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Saw has attacked and killed Civilians on purpose so definitely Mon Mothma.

TripleZero likes this.
  8. PadawanGussin

PadawanGussin Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 6, 2017
    In rhe films and rhe EU, Mon Mothna was able to transition between a civilian footing and wartime then back again,
    IMO this is because she was able to maintain her humanity and moral compass in rhe face of unrelenting hate and evil and did not allow herself to become what she claimed to fight aganst.
    I think that Saw would have had a much harder time adjusting ro a peace time setting.

9. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Yeah, Mon Mothma for sure

Also

Othmar?

Lulu Mars and Subtext Mining like this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We go for the references here at JCF

Seagoat likes this.
  11. TripleZero

TripleZero Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 13, 2017
    Easily Mon Mothma. Saw Gerrara is far too authoritarian and too fanatical to lead a sustainable fight against the Empire. Mothma has brought up how he has killed innocent civilians, and the book Rebel Rising expands on this much further.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That is an excellent book.

Grievousdude and TripleZero like this.
  13. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Looking forward to reading it - Just ordered it!

14. eko32eko7

eko32eko7 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 10, 2018
    I went with Saw.

As chancellor, Mon Mothma demilitarized the New Republic thereby setting up the environment and opportunity for Lady Carise and the Centrists to cede power to, and facilitate the rise of, The First Order. This I cannot abide.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018