main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Doctor Aphra #14-19: Remastered (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedha John, Oct 17, 2017.

1. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I need the Galactic Icons but I am kinda thinking about giving up on variant sets like this. My comic book shop could not get me the last few 40th variants because apparently Marvel raised how many comics need to be ordered to get them. (Plus they forgot a few here and there.)

2. Jedha John

Jedha John Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 19, 2017
    I won't get all of them, but I'll probably pick up a few of my favorites. Sounds like Luke will be on the cover of the Doctor Aphra 17 variant, so if the art is good, I'll definitely bring that one home.

3. Chris Werms

Chris Werms Jedi Padawan

Aug 2, 2017
    I'm a completist, if I want a variant cover, I have to have enough for both the variant AND the regular cover. But these Aphra covers are killing it; I'm not tempted by the Galactic Icons at all. These have easily been the best covers from Marvel on this arc, and from the solits, look to be continuing that.

Jedha John likes this.
  4. Jedha John

Jedha John Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 19, 2017
    Completely agree. Ashley Witter is phenomenal. Witter's Aphra #1 and #8 were also ridiculously beautiful. The art for the upcoming issue 16 may be my favorite yet.

5. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Which actress could portray Aphra if she was ever in a live-action series. Brenda Song?

6. Black Star Gunner

Black Star Gunner Jedi Master star 2

Oct 18, 2014
    Anna Akana has the right personality to play Aphra. But now I can also sort of see Chloe Bennet doing a good job.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  7. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Chloe looks too white. Akana is a great candidate (Had to Google both of them). However, I'd like to run with the idea that Aphra is busty like the comics portray her, and she is an action-adventure arecheologist like Lara Croft Tomb Raider, so its even more fitting ;)

8. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    Such a meaningful casting criterion you’ve got there.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  9. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Just saw that the upcoming vol. 3 book is called The Enormous Profit. Sounds super Ferengi.

Edit: Ok I'm way behind aparently, the downside of sticking with TPBs I guess.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  10. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    didn’t Gillen say he thought she should be played by Ellen Wong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Yup, that was his fancasting.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

12. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Aphra's Wook page has finally been updated to current. Good deal. For about two years it was sitting at the point where she got captured by the Rebels.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chelli_Lona_Aphra

Also crazy to think she has been around as a character for almost three years now (believe her introduction issue was released in March of 2015 if I remember right).

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Jozgar

Jozgar Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    I really don’t like the image for that page. Surely they can do better than a low-res screenshot from a mobile game.

14. The Ganner

The Ganner Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2015
    I've enjoyed aphra for the most part, though I don't really care for here bald giant hulk friend.

15. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Who?

16. The Ganner

Jan 20, 2015
    Rexa

17. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Ah, OK. Yeah, the word friend threw me off. She's more of a colleague, relaying orders from her new masters.

18. The Ganner

Jan 20, 2015
    Like why is this person so buff? it's just so improbable and kinda jarring.

19. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    I mean, she is an android with a hologram embedded in her. Her size isn't really her most improbable aspect.

20. The Ganner

Jan 20, 2015
    Oh I didn't know she was an android, changes things a bit.

I kinda thought she was another Pash Davane, who is 100% my least favorite Star Wars character, not only is she physically impossible, but they set her up, and basically have all these weak guys just saying "i wish I was like pash", and it comes off like a feminists wet dream

revan772 likes this.
  21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    srsly guys wtf. Can you dial down the sexism? This has been happening a lot in this forum lately.

23. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Don't bring me and @Todd the Jedi into this.

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I don't really feel like making a joke out of it. You know who I was talking about.

25. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    I know. But when you say guys, you imply that there were multiple people involved in the offending action, when it was those people actually trying to deter the action in question. I know that stuff like this is frustrating. I'm a guy, and can't imagine how frustrating it is for someone who actually has to deal with sexism. But I don't like it even being implied that I fall into the same group as people who do say sexist and hateful things.