main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Solo: A Star Wars Story - May 25, 2018

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by newdawn12, Dec 29, 2014.

1. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  2. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    RESHOOTS!

Happening next week!

3. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Yeah, I think we just assume that Ron Howard basically shot a whole new movie and these are pick up shots after editing.

Mostly Handless, GregMcP and solo77 like this.
  4. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Pick ups are the norm, but its not surprising to see people making more of a deal of these after what this production has been through.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  5. MadBoomBoom

MadBoomBoom Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2017
    I expect the Han Solo film to be better than The Last Jedi or even Rogue One.

6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  7. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    whostheBossk and Mostly Handless like this.
  8. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Now with Deadpool 2 (now owned by Disney) moving to May 18, Disney would be shooting themselves in the foot if they stick to that May 25th date.

Push to May 2019 please

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    E
    Except that Deadpool was supposedly pushed forward so as not to get destroyed by Solo...

Seriously, though, there is *no way* that Disney can move it at this point without losing millions and millions of dollars from all of the merchandise that is on its way to corporate warehouses as we speak. I really don't get all of the calls to delay the film. If Disney and Lucasfilm weren't happy with what Howard had accomplished, they would have pushed it back at the same time that they pushed back IX. Now it is full steam ahead. The only reason we aren't seeing marketing is because they want TLJ to make as much money as possible before they start pushing Solo and I think the marketing will kick in HARD once it starts.

10. CloneWarsFan01

CloneWarsFan01 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2015
    Well, The Last Jedi is now the #1 movie of 2017 globally with $1.265 billion worldwide. So, that trailer should be coming within 1.5 weeks now.

11. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Prediction for this film - Boba Fett will disintegrate Beckett! [face_skull]

whostheBossk likes this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I’m hoping Boba Fett isn’t in the film.

kalzeth, cwustudent and Jedi Daniel like this.
  13. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Rumour is the trailer is gonna be out today

14. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    I agree. Most overrated character in all fiction IMO.

And what is the source of this rumour?

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

15. smudger9

May 29, 2007
    I heard it was coming out tomorrow. ;-)

16. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Well depending on what part of the world you're in...

17. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Have just heard it all over the place. Originally people were saying Friday just been, but now Monday/Tuesday

18. smudger9

May 29, 2007
    I’d be very surprised if it’s today/tomorrow. We usually get something more concrete than rumours on the days leading up to a trailer release.

Whatever the case it must be coming soon.

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It would be cool to get a TV spot during one of the championship games next week.

20. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    The Titan book that was listed in amazon as "Solo: a Star Wars Story Official Collector's Edition" with a may release now have it's name (at least as listed on amazon) changed to "Star Wars Special" and with a new release date: June 12.
    I wonder if that means anything...

21. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Just a thought: The TLJ art book contained some interesting titbits of information that make it possible to piece together the basic premise of the Lucas ST. I hope the art of Solo book will contain much information on Lord and Miller's directing.

whostheBossk and Giovs like this.
  22. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I now expect SOLO to be nerdy, fanservicey, and lore-drenched AF. Which will be fine as long as it's fun in the bargain.

R1 was retooled with reshoots to amp up the fanservice; Howard was brought on board to redirect the tone to something more SW; and now reshoots in the light of the need to regain the part of the hardcore fanbase who weren't pleased with TLJ... that all points to an effort to create a nerdy worldbuilding-but-safe SW experience.

Again, I'd be okay with that. I love TLJ. I'm a fan of R1 but felt the fanservice was shoehorned in at the last minute. If Howard has been able to retool the film in several stages towards something that's coherent and lore-oriented from the first frame to the last, I may enjoy it more than the uneasy marriage that R1 turned out to be.

But again, it's gotta be fun. I can easily see this going either way. If it heals some of the rifts in the fanbase, that's a bonus.

23. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I hope they learned from Rogue One that the Ponda Baba moment was a bit too heavy handed. You can do that stuff, but don't whack people over the head with it too hard.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  24. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Damn, I'm hungry for any new info about this movie... release SOMETHING soon please, a pic of the characters like they did with Rogue One, art, poster, anything!

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think the May release date is locked down too but I could see it getting pushed to the back of the summer, June/July/August maybe. Opening that close to Avengers Infinity War and Deadpool 2 always seemed like a wonky release date to me.