main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Destiny & Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    To be fair, Overwatch's loot boxes can get in the bin as well.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Everything is unlockable by play in Overwatch. In Destiny, that is not the case. You have to buy it.

3. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Isn't that the same argument that Battlefront 2 tried to pull? I know that Overwatch's stuff is purely cosmetic but I'm with Jim Sterling on that front. But I do see your wider point, Bungie really screwed the pooch on this one.

4. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I had to quit the other day I was so enraged. My son who is 10 wanted to do the strikes for the Dawning reward. Took him close to 2 hrs. His reward was 2 Dawning Warmth shaders.. that RNG was a slap in the face. Was hoping for armor, emote, or Sparrow. Eververse needs to die. Random weapon perks need to return. Mayhem is damn fun though esp since they cut down on the supers so hard over D1 which I still think was a mistake. I hate Nightstalkers so much in it though.

Has BYF or Rick Kakiss quit? They the only ones I ever really watched back in D1 days.

5. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Eververse, random rolls, strike loot, etc won't be changed. I doubt we'll even see the return of PVP playlists and more game modes, either.

In order to do that, the entire base game will have to be remade - which isn't going to happen.

6. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    BYF has taken the holidays off, I'm sure he'll be back.

Also, that's awful about your Eververse rewards, I've had a similar experience. My buddies gave me $20 in Venmo for my birthday, to be used in Eververse. About the best result of all that was a single piece Omega Mechanos for my Titan, the rest were some shaders, a ship or two, and some sparrows and a ghost shell. Not a single piece of Dawning Armor.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  7. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

FYI

Jedi Ben likes this.
  8. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    This is just sad. I honestly thought Bungie found their footing with Halo 3 to Halo: Reach, but it sounds like Microsoft was just really stern with them, leading them to their success with Halo. Microsoft and Bungie parting ways is one of the worst things to happen to gaming, at least to me.

9. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Very curious to see what they say in a few days now that vacation is over. They are running themselves into the ground. Let’s see if they try to dig themselves out now successfully.

10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I cannot bring myself to even play the game anymore.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  11. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    I'm curious as to what Destiny 1's player numbers are like. I know they don't do Iron Banner or Xur any more, but you can still do raids, PvP, strikes etc right?

12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I heard it still pulls a decent number. Turned it on, a few weeks ago, and still got a decent number for the Forge.

13. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    The majority of my friends on PS4 were made from D1 clans and LFG groups. About a month ago, on a reset day, not a single one was playing D2 and there were actually TWO people playing D1.

14. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I really need to load up D1 so I can shoulder charge people to death as many times as I want.

Darth_Invidious and BLemelisk like this.
  15. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Me and @Moll have been playing through Destiny 1 together intermittently. She's a long-time player, and has played both games and all the DLC, while I'm a newbie (we've currently finished the main campaign and The Dark Below).

I'm enjoying it so far, the gameplay's satisfying enough. The story is kind of lacklustre though, there's lots of things that feel like they could be interesting, characters that could be worth investing in, but they never end up doing or being anything.

The Exo Stranger is a prime example. She shows up, lectures you about things you don't understand, and we never find out who she is, what she wants, or why she wants us to do these things. And then she never shows up again once the campaign ends.

16. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    What platform are you on? I'd definitely be down to do a Raid for old time's sake.

17. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    This is the 1st time that I find myself not completing the DLC across all toons. I don’t have any desire to even go on any of the missions on the other 2. So horrible to play through imo. I’m very antsy about 2nd and it’s growing daily.

I guess they will begin addressing issues building up from vacation tomorrow with reset. Curious about that.

18. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    P
    PS4

19. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    On Ambien right now so my brain is foggy but this is what Kakiss said not long ago about news today. I will check back in am

20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The update blog was trash.

"Wait until next year" is the best way to describe it. The fundamental problems, such as a weak grind, strike loot and too easy to gain power are not addressed. The game will still be centred around Eververse. Annoyingly, I have the season pass - so I'm gonna have to play the next DLC to get my money's worth, but I won't be buying another DLC after.

Zero point.

21. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    It’s a start but this stuff shouldn’t even be issues.

Luke Smith needs to go

22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The problem is the upper management, especially the PR team, who said Bungie have nothing to apologies for D2 and don't have to make it up to the community.

Chris Barrett is the only good thing Bungie has left; see Chris's tweets and, more or less, stating he hates the new weapon system. Or, again, hinting at how the live teams work was overwritten in D2. Hilariously, D3 is already in development. It is clear the upper management do not really care bout the franchise and just want to make a $$$$$$$$$.

That's why you'll see no significant changes or repairs to D2.

23. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Ah I really like this video. He brings up some great stuff that mirrors my own opinions.

24. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    A multi-million dollar company nearly 1,000 employee-strong…yet we have to wait the better part of a year for just a handful of people to fix this game. And Chris Barrett then tweets “we’re hiring”, either seriously or just to burn someone off. Why in the almighty **** would you have to hire new folks to fix what is possibly irremediably broken instead of diverting all critical staff to do so – without increasing your payroll – and mmmmmmaybe do all the fixes the game needs in much less time?

Say that your bloated company does only one thing - ships out basically ONE product – and your consumer base has lost all confidence in your company and its product. Do you think having the vast majority of what I think is probably redundant or even needless staff dedicate themselves to a sequel that may not even be able to launch due to the inevitable commercial failure of your company is a worthwhile endeavor? Coz from where I’m sitting, it sure as hell doesn’t. The maths in this case are very simple, but I guess Bungie needs a few rocket scientists here and there to figure that out.

Me, I got into the very awesome Warframe during the lull between the end of D1 and the launch of D2. I dropped it when D2 launched. Nearly four months later, guess what I'm playing again?

DANNASUK likes this.
  25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    If the fall expansion, which is where all these 'great' changes will happen, is not free - then expect the majority to not returning. I'm not paying £20+ for an expansion, which will probably be trash.

It is too little, too late. They've done a Division.

@Darth_Invidious Warframe is an excellent choice. So easy to pick and get right into.