main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions What is the one thing that you are most glad is no longer canon?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by beedubaya, Nov 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    This is why I wish that they didn't insist on the Thrawn trilogy and Dark Empire happening in the same universe. They're fundamentally incompatible approaches to what happens after ROTJ. If they had the Thrawn trilogy and Dark Empire occur in separate continuities, they could have justified point one by saying, "This is a comic book continuity," but by insisting that Dark Empire occur in the one and only post-ROTJ timeline, Palpatine's return and Luke's turn to the dark side cause major thematic problems.

2. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    I'll concede that it's probably the coloring more than the art that bugs me, and there one or two striking images. Still I find most of it unpleasant to look at. See below (spoilered for length):

For every gorgeous image like this:

[​IMG]

There are a whole bunch that look like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The guy on the left is supposed to be Lando, can't you tell?

[​IMG]

Also Shug here is supposed to have brownish blonde hair and blue eyes. We know he's an alien since he has 3 finger on each hand, but thanks to the colorist we'll never know if he has a normal human skin tone, or if he's supposed to be bluish yellow.

[​IMG]

Luckily unlike boring old Shug, the E-wing was popular enough to appear in future works were it could get proper coloring.

Vinylshadow likes this.
  3. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Well I like the coloring- it's suffocating and intense. It's a scary situation as the Empire holds all power which is reflected by the purely bleak lighting. You find no joy or hope in the panels.

vncredleader and Force Smuggler like this.
  4. asfaloth12

asfaloth12 Jedi Master

Nov 28, 2006
    Mainly Dark Empire....no, just no.
    Also most of the post-New Jedi Order books.

5. KamenSentaiMetalHero

KamenSentaiMetalHero Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    This may be off topic but which is worse NJO or LOTF. I personally find them flawed, but interesting

6. KamenSentaiMetalHero

KamenSentaiMetalHero Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    To follow up on my question is there a thread about the post-NJO EU or as some has called the Denningverse

7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Waru and Callista.........hated them both.

8. LordDallos

LordDallos Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2016
    What I liked about the old canon is that it felt easier to pick and choose your favorites for personal head-canon. That said, I can do without The Force Unleashed, Luuke Skywalker, the Palpatine clone and most anything in the legacy era.

Ackbar's Fishsticks likes this.
  9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I loved Callie. How could you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003

And now I see why we are Frenemies :p She was wishy washy, watery and just sad in my mind..........

vncredleader likes this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well her story didn’t end well in FotJ, so...

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    and that is the only good thing she did! LOL!!

SithOverlord101 likes this.
  13. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    *Church of Waru face on* HERESY!!!

On the other hand, I always got more enjoyment out of the fandom's relationship with Waru than itself. :p

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well we had a Legends article over Christmas mentioning the gelatinous God...

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    And what an amazing article it is.

16. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Yes, that was beautiful!

Ah Legends, missed you have I.

17. Darth Voorhees

Darth Voorhees Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2017
    The whole multiple Emporer clones was very dissatisfying.

18. The Ganner

The Ganner Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2015
    I really don't see it as "no longer canon" I just see it as another timeline, and all that stuff is still there in that other timeline so :p

SithOverlord101 and Vinylshadow like this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The holiday special. :p

20. Praetor_Canis

Praetor_Canis Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2018
    Palpatine’s clones and soul transfer technique.....it was absolutely bonkers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21. Praetor_Canis

Praetor_Canis Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2018
    Kind of like a parallel universe?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

22. crazyewok

crazyewok Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 27, 2017
    V
    I was ok with the jedi academy, up until the sun crushed.

It was Sinre Edit: Not allowed of a idea.........i mean really? A indestructible fighter than can blow up suns?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2018
  23. Taral-DLOS

Taral-DLOS Jedi Master star 3

Jun 29, 2009
    Daala as a concept. I love the idea of a powerful Imperial woman Admiral out there, but I hate that a) she got to the top by sleeping with Tarkin, b) that they kept her away at the Maw and not used her to full effect in the war, and c) that despite being the enemy she eventually ruled the Galactic Alliance. Strong preference for the canon character Rae Sloane.

Also: Unfinished plot threads. I wanted the Sword of the Jedi trilogy to blend the end of FOTJ into Legacy and be a nice conclusion to the story of Jaina. I wanted the final Imperial Commando book to close out Karen Traviss's Mandalorian story. I want satisfactory conclusions to Dawn of the Jedi and Knight Errant.

Finally (and I've made this point once or twice on my blog), I think everything The Clone Wars needs to stay new canon ONLY and be excised from Legends. That lets us maintain a more-or-less consistent timeline of the Clone Wars in both Canon and Legends, and lets us keep Traviss's Mandalorian stories (for those who liked them, such as I).

24. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I had to force myself through DarkSaber and just gave up on finishing Children of the Jedi and I sure am heck not eager to read more with her. Every scene with her and Luke is just Anderson beating us over the head with "they are perfect for each other" without really conveying that at all. Luke falls obsessively in love with someone despite us never really getting to understand their dynamic ourselves......like father like son I guess :p

25. Christus Regnet

Christus Regnet Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2016
    Outbound Flight. Why do people like this book?! I would throw it out, but I wouldn't throw out every other book with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.