main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Characters fate's in your own canon

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Fallen Jedi Master, Apr 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srd5090

srd5090 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2012
    I'd give the election theory more support if Marasiah was shown as having been elected. Instead she is treated as the heir and Empress-to-be and subsequently becomes Empress without an election in sight. At least that we are shown. I'll back this up with the following from the Fel Empire wookieepedia page:
    "In Star Wars Insider 87, John Ostrander describes the Fel Empire as "not as inherently evil [as the earlier Empire], but still not a republic, not a democracy. It's the rule of the few, or the one, over the many. It has a lot of strengths; it has a substantial amount of weaknesses. It values power more than anything else." "

By my measure, The Fel Empire is skirting the line of 'totalitarian', even with the benevolent dictators we have seen in the Legacy series. It isn't a question of whether or not there are real life countries today that persist. The Empire equates to space nazis... Even with the toning down the Remnant received over the years in stories.

I do agree the Empire just going away isn't as plausible as it remaining. That is why the A vs B in my own post. My situation A is the more plausible of the two, with B being my way of dotting-the-I's, crossing-the-T's, and ending the Star Wars Saga with something resembling a happy ending. Even if it was a contrived one.

2. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Good points. I will argue, though, that the galaxy hasn't settled in as of Legacy V2. The GA isn't a democracy yet, either. Stazi wasn't elected by anyone, yet he is the leader. When things settle in we'll see how the democratization goes. The Empire-In-Exile and GA Remnant were both military resistances more than anything. The actual civilian governments were absorbed by Krayt. Democracy will need to be re-introduced.

3. srd5090

Dec 2, 2012
    Yeah I agree, democracy would need to be re-instated across the board. The 'Galactic Federation Triumvirate' seems to be provisional to me. In my scenario A I imagined Gar Stazi would assist in restoring the existing GA structure. The power brokers of Sia, Gar, and K'Kruhk are there to transition the galaxy from its war state to proper governance. At least that'd be my hope.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  4. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Quite frankly the Felpire seems the best road forward even assuming the GA managed to reconstitute itself. The IKs and the emperor stand above the fray of galactic politics and with someone of Marasiah's moral caliber in charge-I think the future of the Galaxy is bright.

Voltron64 and SpecForce Trooper like this.
  5. srd5090

Dec 2, 2012
    All I can say is I disagree with you. Marasiah seems alright. It is the system she would perpetuate that is the problem. Stand above the fray of politics? The Fel Empire declared war on the Galactic Alliance (yes thanks to the Moffs but they are part of the Empire) and she is entirely embroiled in galactic politics in Legacy volume II.

So no to monarchies, kids. [face_worried]

6. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Ideally yes-but democratic governance simply doesn't work in an entity the size of the GFFA-it's just too massive, too populated with too many competing beliefs, interests and agendas for democratic governance to be sustainable. Monarchy for all its faults seeks to guide galactic society without being beholden to its quirks and myriad "on the ground" issues.

7. srd5090

Dec 2, 2012
    So the galaxy is too big for self-determination? I'm not buying it. Democratic models of governments seemed to last longer and more consistently than most alternatives.

But hey, some folks just want to bow to overlords. ;)

8. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Some folks want to bow to the force. The Emperor/Empress is only there to follow the Light Side's direction. Now do I like that? No, not personally. But don't try to misrepresent the Fel Empire.

9. srd5090

Dec 2, 2012
    I used John Ostrander's own words to describe the empire. The Emperor is NOT only there to follow the Light Side's direction, as far as I know. He or she is there to be a ruler of an Empire. If you can provide a source for the claim I'd be glad to read it. Any misrepresentation here may be the whitewashing of that Empire.

10. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Roan Fel tried to commit a Dark Side act and was executed because of it. The Emperor/Empress is not allowed to stray from the Light Side. That is the rule.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  11. srd5090

Dec 2, 2012
    There is a difference between an "Emperor is supposed avoid the dark side" and "The Emperor/Empress is only there to follow the Light Side's direction".

The Emperor, by the nature of being the monarch of an Empire, is not only there to follow a certain view of the Force. They are there to rule.

12. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    They are there to rule but how they rule is restricted to the Light Side. I believe this is why some people find the Fel Empire ideal. As I mentioned, I don't, but I support the Fel Empire because it's progress in the right direction.

13. srd5090

Dec 2, 2012
    Eh, agree to disagree then.

14. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Legends reference sources such as the new essential chronology, darth plagueis novel, among others have made it very clear democracy in the GFFA is a dead end the galaxy is simply too big, issues of economic inequality and representation dominate galactic politics at their core. Hence inevitable discontent, anger, factionalism, and strife.

What is needed is gardener kings who can prune weeds and let flowers grow-had Caedus triumphed this is what he would have been at his best.

The galaxy needs rulers who understand Vergere's fundamental lesson of the necessity of sacrifice and action-those who would rule benevolently, competently, fairly, who are above petty politics, intrigues and who willing sacrifice their own wants and feelings for the greater good. Those would tend to the garden that is the GFFA and its hundred quadrillion sentient beings.

A benevolent monarchy or aristocracy ruling the galaxy and guiding it in perpetuity bringing the unknown regions, satellite galaxies, and tentatively galaxies beyond... into a beautiful garden tended over by benevolent force sensitive emperors forever. That's the best future the GFFA can hope for.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  15. srd5090

Dec 2, 2012
    Sounds like a cult.

By the way, authoritarian regimes have issues with managing large boundaries. See the Roman Empire. See the Mongol Empire. I'm not sure how space makes the situation any different. At least in democracies regions and peoples have some say in their governing.

Again, the very narrative of the Legacy comics shows your ideal wouldn't happen.

Ackbar's Fishsticks likes this.
  16. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I go with the official Legends canon until the end of the NJO anthology. I think that after 29 ABY, millenia of peace and prosperity finally came to the galaxy. :)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  17. Khaiden

Khaiden Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 15, 2014
    For Canon: Between ROTJ and TFA the events that originally happened between those movies in the Legends continuity pretty much happened too but with dates slightly pushed back or forward and characters missing or replaced with brand new characters. The major events that lead to Luke's exile and the massacre at the temple happen around 27-29 ABY, right after a major war has happened, which also scarred Ben mentally (much like how Jacen was after the YV war) and helped lead into those events. A new Jedi Order was indeed created by Luke and it was succesful for at least a decade before it all went awry. A form of the Thrawn trilogy happened, the emperor came back in some way and most of the familiar faces were there: Katarn, Horn, Durron, Karrde, Pellaeon, Lumiya and even Mara Jade. What happened with Mara Jade is... complicated. It is part of the reason why Luke is so bitter and content in TLJ.

For Legends: Luke had the full-bearded look we see in this new continuity by the late 20's ABY instead of what most depictions showed him. Something similar goes for Leia and Han. After the events of Legacy happen and the Galactic Triumvirate is formed, the Unknown Regions are discovered, revelations are made and the GFFA has reached definitive peace. There are no more wars in the stars. Intergalactic travel is discovered eventually.

Voltron64 likes this.
  18. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Regarding Ahsoka in Legends since I've not discussed her fate previously. I like to think she didn't join the rebellion or return to being a Jedi. She instead chose to live peacefully.

Or she could have accepted her Jedi role again and decided to live in exile anyway-perhaps feeling guilty regarding what happened to her master.

Given her relative youth by 19 BBY I think she was likely either dead or in permanent retirement by the end of the legends Yuuzhan Vong War.

She wasn't powerful enough I think to be of any real concern to Vader or the emperor though a duel between her and the former might have been a fitting end for her story.

Regarding Legends Ventress if I haven't mentioned her before I will now-though I thought I did. She survived the jump into hyperspace and eventually died in obscurity. With Palpatine and Vader largely forgetting about her or considering her irrelevant.

Any surviving force users(separatist acolytes not Jedi) or other characters whose fates we don't have explicit confirmation of in the prequel era were most likely dead by 50 ABY.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  19. Voltron64

Voltron64 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2009
    One of which would go on to the become the grandfather or great-grandfather of Ania Solo. ;)

20. Darth Aphrodite

Darth Aphrodite Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Anakin Jr of course hehe

Voltron64 likes this.
  21. Darth Aphrodite

Darth Aphrodite Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2015
    But then I've always been a Anakin Solo fan girl hehe

22. SithOverlord101

SithOverlord101 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2018
    Kirney Slane is pardoned by the New Republic after details about her actions at the end of Solo Command are revealed to the public eight years later. Myn Donos quits the New Republic Military soon afterwards, they marry, and we know the rest.

Oh, and one of their grandkids becomes a Galactic Alliance Starfighter Pilot.

23. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Thinking of Ahsoka again, and the lack of any details regarding her fate in legends, I wanted to give it more thought and consideration. I would think Ahsoka sensed through the force order 66 and she was smart enough to probably realize what happened to Anakin. I don't think she ever got involved in the rebellion, or if she did she didn't do so directly. Maybe becuase she was tired of fighting, or she didn't want to have to confront her former master.

Assuming she survived to the post Endor era, I would think she never joined Luke's order as she had been permanently alienated from the Jedi. She may have at least observed it from a distance.

Maybe she met luke or the other skysolos, though I doubt it. Even if she was aware of Anakin's descendants and put the pieces together on that, she probably would have kept her distance.

I could see Ashoka feeling guilty about Anakin-perhaps if she was aware of his transformation into Vader she may have felt her refusal to return to the order drove him further down a road of darkness. And thus that making her reluctant to participate in the rebel alliance or join Luke's order. If she ever learned Anakin was redeemed(which is impossible to say) I'm sure she would have been immensely happy and relieved.

But I can't see her joining Luke's order-at best she may have observed it from a distance and maaybe assisted it indirectly from time to time.

I don't think Vader or palpatine would have considered her worth pursuing, she wasn't officially a Jedi once order 66 happened and wasn't a knight.

A darker path for Ahsoka may have been she became more cynical and jaded as time went on, guilt over Anakin, the debacle with Barris, among other things may have left her outright hostile to the Jedi because of personal grievances. In this scenario she would have most definitely not assisted the rebel alliance and kept her distance from Luke's new Jedi order.

Anyway that's just my thoughts on Ahsoka's legends fate.

24. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    Show happy to see how big this Thread has grown
    Any way in my own canon Shakki Ti survived order 66 and died by Starkiller's hand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

25. AllTheSingleMaras

AllTheSingleMaras Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2019
    I would hope Luke would go peacefully, like Yoda, but he’s a fighter. I think he would do one last force-fantastic feat to save the order, his family, or a race...like teleporting a planet out of the way of certain doom... and it just takes too much out of him...

And in his weakened state, his bleary and aged eyes see Mara... her hair a red-golden halo, as she reaches out to offer a hand.

“You just love to keep me waiting, don’t you farmboy...”

He mirrors her soft smile, closes his eyes, and exhales as he lets go of what kept him tethered to this physical existence for so long...

PCCViking likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.