main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Padmé Amidala MEGAthread - Don't look at her that way. It makes her uncomfortable

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Ganesh Ujwal, Dec 31, 2014.

1. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I've found myself thinking about how after AOTC Padme probably found out about Jar Jar proposing Palpatine emergency powers, despite the fact that she left him in her stead on Coruscant to oppose the creation of an army for the Republic. She probably went up to him and was like, "Yo, WTF?"

Then again, I love the irony that the army that Padme hypothetically opposes in AOTC ends up saving her and the rest of the Jedi on Geonosis.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  2. Princess Of Manchester

Princess Of Manchester Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 7, 2018
    Even though I love George, her death was a cop-out, but I think the point of her death was turn Anakin to the darkside. As we see in the night terrors. But also... IRL giving birth to twins can cause death (I think, I'm a 17, almost 18 year old girl I've never been pregnant) but look the way Lyanna died in Game Of Thrones? I'll admit it was a stupid way to die.

3. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    I just love the title of this thread. I was laughing for 10 minutes before I could pull myself together to type this post haha.

I actually think Padme was a very deep character. Of course she was beautiful, I mean wow. But her spirit, her principles, her speeches and determination. She was truly the mother of Luke and Leia for sure.

I think in Episode 2 they made her very effective. Sultry yes, but also feisty and a fighter. A bit like Leia in the OT. It is maybe a shame they didn't have more Padme in Episode 3. I also think there was a deleted speech scene at the opening of Episode 2 which was relevant in my opinion.

Long Live Padme!

In a way might have been ironic if Padme had proposed it. So that the Skywalker family had an influence on events?

Or I actually thought had BAIL ORGANA and Alderaan proposed his powers, that would have made the circle complete when Alderaan is a feature of Episode IV.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    The Supreme Chancellor and ss640 like this.
  4. ss640

ss640 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2017
    I really like her death, in an array of religions and cultures (where Lucas got some of his influences from) women who even take up the battle of pregnancy are seen as warriors, and those who die during child birth are seen as martyrs. So i guess that's what i see her sacrifice/death as, she dies as a martyr. The struggle, pain and sacrifice women go through during pregnancy is extreme and Padme's emotional/internal battle is very underrated by viewers. There's also very detailed and beautiful analysis of her entire death scene you can find online which are v eye opening. Every little detail has some significance which is so cool to discover/read about.

5. ss640

ss640 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2017
    Haha on that note I found it v progressive of Padme giving a Gungan such a high place in Naboo's political system. I'm sure before the Battle of Naboo that it was all the Naboo people only who represented the entire country while the gungans stayed in their underwater city. Wish they'd recognise/emphasise Padme's history-making rule as Queen more!

6. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Not to mention the scene, the talisman, the John Williams score in the background. Beautiful.

ss640 likes this.
  7. ss640

ss640 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2017
    Pics of Padme's upcoming funk pop got released a few days ago, and the official Funk twitter tweeted out what other variations of Padme they would like in the future if they make more, i cant wait. All hail the Queen!

8. The One Above All

The One Above All Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 11, 2017
    I've searched and I can't find the pics. Could you post them on here, please? I'm a huge funko pop collector, and I've been waiting a long time for one of Padme.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  9. ss640

ss640 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2017
    It's officially being released around March I think, and is going to be announced at the ECCC[​IMG]

The One Above All likes this.
  10. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I hate to see this but felt the same wincing pang of "really?"

Parents just don't give up but I guess that was part of padme's weakness. Or major weakness. She deteriorated from strong woman to codependent. I see it as love -- yeah. But sad as her downfall also occurred because of anakin.

Ugh -- I dunno. Padme's death irks me but I love her. And I love her clothes. Where's my padme inspired clothing line. Padme amidala x H&M

11. The One Above All

The One Above All Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 11, 2017
    Thanks! I was hoping it'd be her Geonosis variant as well.

12. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    I just love the title of this thread alone.

Padme was a great character and beautiful too. I thought Natalie Portman played her brilliantly.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Have you ever read Lost Stars?

14. ss640

ss640 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2017
    Padme's FOD mission set line got cancelled as well as 2 other FOD figures, ugh :(

Really disappointing since this was going to be finally a new variant of Padme. All FOD characters got different variants except Padme, and now she'll never get one. Saaaaad.

15. boonjj

boonjj Jedi Master star 1

Jan 21, 2016
    Nope. It's kinda been on my backlist for a while but I haven't bothered as of yet.

16. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Oh man, where is this announced?

17. ss640

ss640 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2017
    http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2018/...ny-products-cancelled-at-entertainment-earth/

18. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Thanks! Sad news.

19. Kladdagh

Kladdagh Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 9, 2017
    GREAT TITLE ... lol ...
    I really like the way Padmé died ... I mean, it's a pure logic for me ... Anakin was her "all of it" ...

20. Master Endz-One

Master Endz-One Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 30, 2017
    I saw a theory on YouTube suggesting that Palpatine killed her, using the life force and giving it to Vader. In ROTS Padme was dying as Vader was being brought to life and the fact of how did Palpatine know she died factor. Yoda or Obi-Wan weren't sharing with news with Palpatine. It's obvious if Palpatine could feel Padme using the Force, he would have felt the children being born. Palpatine didn't take uncalculated risks, lying to Vader about Padme and she still being alive, isn't something Palpatine would do. I am not saying this theory is cannon, but it's the best one I've seen and actually makes sense

21. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I prefer the fairytale-like "Padmé and Anakin were spiritually linked, so when Vader consumed Anakin, Padmé died as a result" approach, myself.
    Palpatine likely guessed that she had died. Or, he's good at sensing deaths but not births ;)

22. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

I never thought of that-or heard it before. I like it.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  23. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Padme's individual FOD was just re added to Entertainment Earth's website with a March release date.

24. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I feel that it's heavily implied by the way the scenes are intercut. Right after the last pieces of Vader's suit have been put into place, symbolizing the dark side's complete envelopment of Anakin, Padmé says her last words to Obi-Wan and dies.
    Throughout that film, it's like Padmé's getting gradually weaker as Anakin drifts closer to the dark side. In the end, when there's just a tiny hint of his old self left, she has very little strength. As he draws his first breath through the dark mask of Vader, she draws her last.

I'm definitely of the belief that this was intentional, though the line "She has lost the will to live" might have undercut it somewhat. I mean, to me, that line makes sense in this context, since loss of spiritual strength goes hand in hand with loss of will, but it's obviously a problematic line to others and I think it's made it hard for them to appreciate, or even notice, the underlying message of the whole scenario.

25. ss640

ss640 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2017
    Happy she's getting something!