main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Materials (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and Episode IX - SEE WARNING ON PAGE 41

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Jan 4, 2018.

1. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Is this Secrets of the Empire thing considered canon?

2. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Maybe. It seems that the saber is found on Mustafar, as that's where Secrets of the Empire is set. So could be something that Vader had found. Like you, I'm not sure if I believe that this will go anywhere or not. They are hyping it's significance, but I dunno.

Yeah, apparently so.

Satipo likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I still don’t know about Forces of destiny.

4. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Yeah, part of me starts to think - maybe this is some "sword of light" that will bring back the Excalibur story that they mostly dropped from TFA - but then I remembered that precisely zero things to date that we've speculated over have come to pass [face_laugh]

mlsw and Mungo Baobab like this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We have really been thrown for a loop on that.

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  6. Mungo Baobab

Dec 2, 2014
    Thinking about Luke's compass, which we know now was something from the game that the felt it would be cool to add into the movie, I wonder if it will turn out to just be a weapon that one of the KOR have in IX, or something like that?

Satipo likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    How would it be a weapon?

8. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Yeah, these things seem to be more Easter eggs than anything crucial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Mungo Baobab

Dec 2, 2014
    Sorry, I meant the ancient lightsaber, not the compass. I guess that wouldn't be a weapon unless Luke used the Force to hurl it at someone really hard!
    But yeah, assuming the KOR are in IX, then I could see them throwing in an Easter egg of one of their lightsabers, which might get no more screen time in the movie than one of the Praetorian's weapons in TLJ.

10. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    The only thing we were told in TFA was special about the saber was that it was “Luke’s, and his father’s before him.” No other special qualities. I don’t believe its significance has changed from TFA to TLJ.

11. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  12. Mungo Baobab

Dec 2, 2014
    The Ones of Mortis are in there!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  13. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  14. Jozgar

Jozgar Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    What’s with the art on the bottom of that Star Destroyer?

15. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    That is the Chimaera, Thrawn's Star Destroyer.
    [​IMG]

16. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Of COURSE he has art on the bottom of his Star Destroyer. I hope he starts talking about it in an episode to a captive audience and he goes on and on and on. Oh wait, they just captured Hera. I remember the last time she had to endure one of his speeches. Monologues? Condescending lectures about Twi'lek heirlooms?

17. Jozgar

Dec 20, 2015
    “Bombard the city!”

Maybe I’ve misinterpreted things, but are indiscriminate civilian casualties really Thrawn’s thing?

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So excited!

19. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    The plot description on Wookieepedia describes it as having a "fixed center," but I have no idea what that means or how it'd look visually. It's apparently the "weapon of great power" the players/Rebels are sent to retrieve from Mustafar. If I had to guess, it's probably not a design for Rey (it seems like it's specifically, singularly important) but rather something we'll see pop up as a plot device in a future piece of media. The question then is, what piece of media? Something smaller like a book, comic, or video game? Something in Rebels or a future animated series, or in the live-action show that's supposed to come out next year? Maybe it's something Han & Co. are trying to smuggle in Solo before the Empire gets their hands on it.

Doubtful it's for Rian Johnson's trilogy, though, since his concept for the story seems to be really fluid and in the earliest possible phases. Just before anyone gets any ideas.

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  20. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Marvel April 2018 Solicitations

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: THRAWN #3 (OF 6)
    JODY HOUSER (W) • LUKE ROSS (A)
    Cover by Paul Renaud
    Variant Cover by Rahzzah
    “THE RISE OF THE GRAND ADMIRAL” CONTINUES!
    • Lieutenant Thrawn has been moving fast through the ranks of the Empire, but he isn’t the only one…
    • Meet Arihnda Pryce, as she too rises through the corrupt Coruscant political climate.
    • But paths cross in mysterious ways as the two discover a dark secret within the Empire…
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2018 Lucasfilm Ltd.

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS #46
    KIERON GILLEN (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A)
    Cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
    Galactic Icon Variant COVER by Rod Reis
    Action Figure Variant by COVER John Tyler Christopher
    The Rebellion continues their mission to liberate Mon Cala! Princess Leia has a nearly impossible plan to unite the planet with the Rebel Alliance, one that counts on the unique skills and cultural know-how belonging to the one-and-only… See-Threepio?!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2018 Lucasfilm Ltd.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    DARTH VADER #14 & 15
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI (A)
    COVERS BY Giuseppe Camuncoli & Elia Bonetti
    ISSUE #14 - GALACTIC ICON VARIANT COVER BY ROD REIS
    Darth Vader continues his mission to bring Mon Cala to heel! As the Emperor grip tightens on the galaxy, no tolerance for rebellion can be afforded… especially not when being fomented by a surviving Jedi. Vader goes in for some wet work in this brutal story!
    32 PGS. (EACH) /Rated T …$3.99 (EACH)

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: POE DAMERON #26
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • Angel Unzueta (A)
    Cover by PHIL NOTO
    THE AWAKENING BEGINS!
    • Lor San Tekka has been found and Poe Dameron is off to recover the missing link to Luke Skywalker’s whereabouts.
    • But his plan goes astray when the First Order intervenes on Jakku…
    • Follow Poe Dameron’s adventures during the unseen events of STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #19
    Kieron Gillen & Si Spurrier (W) • EMILIO LAISO (A)
    Cover by ASHLEY WITTER
    GALACTIC ICON VARIANT COVER BY ROD REIS
    “REMASTERED” CONTINUES!
    • Evil droid mastermind Triple-Zero has been blackmailing Doctor Aphra into stealing his old memories…
    • …which also has included sneaking onto Rebel training grounds run by General Hera Syndulla.
    • Now hunted by both Hera of the Rebellion and Tolvan of the Empire, Aphra’s got a lot on her mind…
    • But if there’s anything to know about the Doctor, it’s that she’s always got tricks up her electro-sleeve!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  21. Jozgar

Dec 20, 2015
    Looks like the next arc in Poe Dameron will indeed be covering he got back to the Resistance after Jakku. Will be interesting to see.

Also, that Aphra cover is badass.

Doom_Buggy likes this.
  22. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Forces of Destiny - Ahsoka & Padmé preview.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    That Vader image with him emerging from the water is epic. Suitably spine-tingling.

oncafar likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I wonder how long after that comic with Barris and Ahsoka she turns.

oncafar likes this.
  25. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I love Barriss and Ahsoka together. It's interesting if Barriss is at the stage of warning Ahsoka, as the sorts of weaknesses she sees with her are later the ones she comes to take advantage of.

Also she has this look that the war is hanging heavy upon her. It was terrible what happened to her. The Jedi thrust these kids into war, into darkness, and then are for executing them when that darkness takes its toll. It's rather despicable.