main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Which is the best Star Wars prequel movie of the FOUR?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth Downunder, Nov 17, 2017.

?

My favourite SW prequel is

1. The Phantom Menace

5.3%
  2. Attack of the Clones

6.4%
  3. Revenge of the Sith

43.9%
  4. Rogue One

44.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    ROTS by a long shot in my opinion. Rogue One was good, but only because it was fan service.

2. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    This is not directed at you personally - But that term has to be the most over used saying around here... "Fan service" = Giving fans what they want to see? How dare they! :rolleyes:

Let's see how a SW film does when they do everything in their power to do the opposite of what the people that love this franchise want... Oh wait - They did three of them...

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That is why I am sad.

4. Anakin's Daddy

Aug 13, 2002
    I was using the term "Fan service" in a positive light here. It can be a great thing when done properly. I loved Rogue One. For example, all the ANH nostalgia that was put into Rogue one, plus the Vader stuff I consider great fan service.

Sarge likes this.
  5. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Oh okay... *comment withdrawn* [face_whistling]

6. Anakin's Daddy

Aug 13, 2002
    LOL! I love fan service cause I'm a fanboy. :p

7. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Dare? Who said it's a matter of dare? It's the choice they've made and now they only need to own up to it. Back in my day, Star Wars was an artist and storyteller's work. Now it's a product. All one needs to do is give fans what they want. Or shock them for the sake of it.

Which people? The creator telling his story is fortunately not dependent on the desires and whims of fans (who are limited to what they have already seen), and that's the point. That's what art is about, how new things are made. Otherwise it would be just a product, you make your order and receive what you asked for. Which is basically what it is now. The question ceased to be "what's the story?" and became "what do they want to see?".

Easy and profitable, but unoriginal and hollow.

{Quantum/MIDI} likes this.
  8. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    That Lucas didn't indulge in fan-service is laughable. But that's a another topic, for a different thread.

Avnar likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I do not know why everyone always takes the negative way with that word.

10. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    There is a reason RO is winning this poll and it's simple - It's a better film than all three prequels...by far! :cool: Far superior in every way.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  11. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Going along with the rest of the thread circa Page 3:

RotS is the best of the three PT films IMO, because RO doesn't really fit in with the rest of the Prequels the way I see it. It's in a different category by itself, same with the Solo movie that is coming up.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well Rogue one does not have Podracing so you are wrong. :p

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  13. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Fair enough... That was a great sequence - True! :cool: And credit where credit is due - TPM has the best lightsaber fight that will probably ever be put on film :bluesaber::greensaber::redsaber: (Unless you count the Bruce Lee Enter the Dragon meets Star Wars yellow nunchucks vs red lightsaber fight on you tube - Check it out!) haha

Anakin's Daddy likes this.
  14. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    How many non-star wars films have lightsaber battles?:p

Avnar likes this.
  15. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Ha! :cool: I was just referring to all the lightsaber fights throughout the Saga... That being said - I got stuck in one of those weird You Tube loops where you spend hours looking up particular videos... Mine were "Everything is better with lightsabers" There was a whole bunch of fights where lightsabers were inserted into someones hand/replaced a weapon they were already wielding! :greensaber: Highlight being Chirrut fighting the stormtroopers on Jedha with his staff replaced with a lightsaber and Bruce Lee in Enter the Dragon with yellow nunchuks...um...er...lightchuks?? [face_dunno]

Bazinga'd likes this.
  16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    So not only you don't have an argument but shifted the topic to anedoctal evidence. Got it.

17. MoffJacob

MoffJacob Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 25, 2015
    Not fair at all. Rogue One is an Anthology film, just like the Solo movie. Just because it is set before IV doesn't make it a prequel
    I'd say RO is better than ROTS, and miles better than AOTC and half of TPM

Sarge likes this.
  18. Qui-Gon Keith

Qui-Gon Keith Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2015
    Revenge of the Sith, hands down. Ewan McGregor at his very best as Obi-Wan, General Grievous's first appearance, Yoda vs. Palpatine, Obi-Wan vs. Anakin, Order 66, the beautiful Tatooine twin suns ending. Absolutely amazing.

Snafu55 and Darth Weavile like this.
  19. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    It's already been mentioned here that Rogue One is not part of the PT. It's a wonderful connecting link between the two trilogies that comprise GL's SW saga.

On a personal note, I love all of the SW films, so my rankings in the middle slots frequently change.

With those points in mind, Attack Of The Clones is currently my favorite prequel, followed closely by Revenge Of The Sith and then The Phantom Menace. Rogue One is currently my second favorite Star Wars film overall. For many reasons, including the music, believe it or not.

However, if Forced to choose, for all time, never to be rescinded or revised, I would have to say that Revenge Of The Sith is my favorite SW prequel, so far.

Ah well. Rather confusing isn't it? :p

Mindless Monster likes this.
  20. Maylander

Maylander Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2016
    For me it's ROTS, slightly ahead of RO.

My only gripe with ROTS is Padme's death. I think it would have been amazing if, during the whole "she's losing the will to live" scene, they'd have cut to Palpatine in deep concentration. That would have been enough to salvage the scene, as it would have given a clear indication that he's influencing the situation, tying it to both the vision and Anakin's fall. He knew she'd die, because he'd foreseen killing her when she was at her weakest, right after giving birth. Instead, we get a daft scene of an exceptionally strong individual dying because she got dumped. Geez.

Anyway, beyond that I think ROTS is an excellent movie, and I really enjoy it. RO as well, though the lack of Jedi/Sith/Force is a significant drawback to me. I understand why that has to be the case, but it does make it less interesting to me.

21. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    So far, there is only one Star Wars prequel. The others are the first episodes of a series.

22. Jinn328

Jinn328 Jedi Padawan

Sep 13, 2017
    Rogue One is not part of the prequel-saga and also not a prequel in general , it is a standalone movie , so this thread's title should be changed with Rogue One being excluded

23. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    It’s a prequel to the OT. Just as much as the PT is. What does being a standalone film matter? Pls explain how it’s not a prequel.

Avnar likes this.
  24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    If you feel that strongly about it, maybe you should make your own poll thread, rather than telling the OP that his thread is wrong.

Darth Downunder, Outsourced and Avnar like this.
  25. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Sorry dude - Everything that happens in RO takes place before ANH! It's a prequel...

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    Darth Downunder likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.