main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Palpatine (The Senate) In Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Starwarsfan9000, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Still the best change they made in Canon.

revan772 likes this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

whostheBossk and Darkslayer like this.
  4. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Okay points there that was a better title than mine,

5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I guess this frees up Witwer to voice Maul or The Son.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Why would he voice Maul? The son I could possibly see.

7. Shadowcatcher

Shadowcatcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2017
    Looks like Sheev's about to hit the fan.

I wonder if Ezra will actually die, and be resurrected with the spirit of the Son, like Ahsoka was resurrected with the spirit of the Daughter. The Son went bad with the Dark Side, but isn't the Son more of a representative of the Bogan as a whole (assuming the Bogan is about using the Force with Feelings), and the Dark Side is only part of the Bogan (the subset of emotions that cover Fear, Hate, Anger) rather than the whole? Maybe Ezra was able to open the Sith Holocron like he did because he's Bogan-aspected?

I know, sounds like a load of Bogan.

8. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I wonder how elated George Lucas was when he learned that Lucasfilm under Disney reused those elements of his early scripts for A New Hope.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I would not be suprised if Rebels is the only thing he cares about under disney.

quinlan solo likes this.
  10. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    OK, ladies & gents, let's speculate: will Ezra thwart, undermine, or challenge the Emperor?
    On the one hand, Rebels treated Vader pretty reverently. On the other hand, Maul was treated like a joke, so...

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    they got Ian so he should be good.

12. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    challenge and thwart/undermine with the help of the wolves. I mean, it's either that or he dies. The wolves are an unknown factor. It wouldn't diminish Palpatine if the wolves end up being super strong like Bendu was.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  13. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Ian voicing the character again? Bring. It. On.

I’m hoping they present Sidious as the scheming, evil badass that he is.

14. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I suspect Ezra goes to some sort of Force realm, similar to TCW Yoda arc, but the kid will more or less fail. Probably turn to the dark side. As I speculated before, I do believe Ezra will be Snoke's first apprentice before Ben Solo.

15. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    What did they reuse from the early scripts?

cwustudent likes this.
  16. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    The Ashla and Bogan were the early script names for the light side and the dark side. (Ashla later became an early name for Ahsoka) They've appeared in canon as the ancient names for the light and the dark, notably in Rebels. Bendu's name comes from the Jedi Bendu, which was the original name for the Jedi Order. He's the one who name drops them. (though the old lady Lasat in Season 2 first uses Ashla in the context of the force)

TadoFett likes this.
  17. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    Is it just me, or did it not sound like ian in that trailer? Sounded more like witmer.

cwustudent likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Ian has aged over 12 years since ROTS.

19. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Yeah it's like when JEJ voices Vader these days. People's voices can tend to change somewhat as they get older.

Darkslayer likes this.
  20. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    After watching the trailer several times, I'm still sticking to the idea the hologram of Sidious was on Moraband.

21. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    What makes you think so ?

22. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Just dropping in to say the title of this thread is gold.

cwustudent and Darkslayer like this.
  23. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    With that "Ezra Bridger, mine at last" line, I was thinking, I really hope they don´t use Ezra as the next "guy more powerful than Vader, Emperor eager to enrole him" angle. It was done to death in Legends (or at least feels that way to me). It was so refreshing that Snoke had no interest in Rey and was very much willing to kill her right then and there. No "join us", no "I can teach you", nothing. Those kind of opportunities should be exclusive for individuals like Luke, or the Inquisitors, just because they did it early on and they were needed.

Still, it´s too early to say. I´m hopeful that they can find a way around it. Palpatine interest in Lothal, anyway, is still very intriguing, and seeing it´s related in some way to Ezra, even more so...

24. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I thought it was a clear misdirect. He's probably going to say "The Secrets of this planet, mine at last!" or something and they cut in a line from their initial meeting. Ezra would never help him anyway, he's the precipice of the Empire which killed his parents and their friends.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  25. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    It could be a preview trick, there are probably lines between Ezra Bridger ..... Mine at last. It's possible that he is referring to something else instead of Ezra.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    cwustudent likes this.