main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Considering what the trailer revealed, does it increase or lower the chance for them to return?

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Lowers it immense since Palpatine himself is getting involved.

cwustudent, Darth Dnej and kalzeth like this.
  3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think it's safe to say that the Inquisitors are all dead at this point. I don't think there were ever more than what we saw in the Vader comic. In that comic, there was only one outstanding inquisitor and Vader might just have killed him. He severed limbs off the other inquisitors but he bisected the unknown guy at the hip.

cwustudent likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Hmm? Why did Vader kill the Inquistors

5. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    he didn't kill them, but he did maim them in one of his first lessons. One of them lost significantly more than the others and quite possibly could have died.
    The rest of them have all been killed in combat since then.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  6. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Sadly, I would imagine we will not get more Inquisitors in Rebels. Personally I struggle to make sense out of it, but since the Vader comic has implied that the Inquisitorius is an almost exaggeratedly small organization (6 members until now) and 5 of them are confirmed dead in canon, it seems possible that they are indeed gone by this point.

Why the 8th Brother was so confident in defeating Ahsoka and Kanan if all his backup was really made of 2 other Inquisitors that were defeated by Ahsoka before; why the Sith (especially Sidious) went to all the trouble to train these guys and give them top authority in their Empire only for them to do nothing about it when they all died; why there was a number so small of Inquisitors if they had to monitor all Jedi and potential Force Sensitive activity in the whole Galaxy... all questions I´m still curious about, and I´m very interested about the answers we could get in the Vader comic.

The only open window for them at this point seems to be that we don´t know about the Dowutin Inquisitor, and we are missing perhaps 2, 3 or even more Inquisitors. At some point it should be explained where is Second, Third, maybe Fourth, or Ninth, if there ever was one around...

7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The Vader comic confirms what many really suspected, they're all thus far fallen Jedi:

[​IMG]

Kinda makes you wonder how Ahsoka defeated the 6th Brother so easily and they made it a point that it mainly cause he was not Jedi trained and did not benefit from their training. He was certainly an adult so how was he a Fallen Jedi but never a padawan or knight - even if he was not the Grand Inquisitor certain was. A bit too conflicting and dumb. Moreover Ahsoka easily defeats some 15 or so years later both the 8th Brother and 7th Sister, but cannot defeat them again on Malachor even with Kanan( The GI killer)?!

kalzeth likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Ya it is pretty strange I will say that.

9. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Kanan was guided by the force when he defeated the GI. Same thing with Maul. Both required a level of focus achieved after suffering a major loss. The first time Kanan thought he lost Ezra and had nothing left to lose, so he gave himself to the force. The second time Kanan lost his vision so he was zoned out to almost everything he could perceive, but for the force. Rey did something similar when she locked blades with Kylo Ren on SKB. Ahsoka is simply skilled, so she outmatched the Inquisitors. Given time, she likely would have defeated her opponent on Malachor.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Darth Vader? Doubtful

11. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    The Inquisitors. Vader clearly bested her.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh you were talking about how MUl got involved. Never mind I get it now.

13. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Kylo was badly wounded and tired(he fought Finn and Rey once already prior to the lightsaber pull out of the snow) and Rey also tapped into the Dark Side(novel). So its not a clear cut or an even match. Ahsoka fought Vader pretty evenly despite that he was like 200 and something pounds heavier and armored up - until he force pushed off her a ledge. But when she came back angry and vengeful she quickly gained the upper hand and almost killed Vader had it not been for his helmet.

Sure one can say maybe the 7th Sister and 8th Brother trained harder by Malchor but still, neither Kanan nor Ezra could defeat them all season, the main heroes and Jedi. One could also say they were not expecting Ahsoka, and got sloppy, let their guard down. But I have to say they seemed to have lacked any formal training and where about as bad as the 6th Brother was in the Ahsoka novel. There is a disconnect. Ezra only gets a push on the 7th Sister at the top of a pyramid cause Maul was filling his head with the Sith Code and by his side aiding him the entire time.

But you have to remember these two(7th Sister and 8th Brother) Inquisitors have been around and training since before ROTS and after, that is over a decade of being evil Jedi warriors. How did that work? Remember these two Inquisitors prior to Malachor but after the Takobo duel, corrupt the Lothal temple by forcing it up and open, we see it turn red. Now these two are not weaklings. They also survived Yoda Force vision onslaught. It also makes you wonder if the temple was powered by a kyber crystal and they "bled" it. Sith way of obtaining red blades is by bleeding their kybers, we also know that from the 6th Brother.

On Takobo Ahsoka dominated two Inquisitors to almost comical proportions, how do you go from that to Malachor?! You cant, unless its bad writing . On Malachor they out match her and Kanan in combat and Ahsoka was no longer able to use the Force to overwhelm either of them like she did on Takobo, so how all of a sudden did she lose her abilities and how did Kanan gain one from being blinded?! Even Chopper had to help on the 8th Brother, when there was two Jedi on one Inquisitor. The 8th Brother was only running away since he was outnumbered and not expecting two Jedi, he thought he was just hunting the shadow.

Kanan gets the better of the GI by initially using an unorthodox fighting method, using Ezra's gimmick blaster saber, then he's able to somehow hold his own after sparring so many times with the GI(with Kanan on the losing end) and eventually goes for the weak point on the Inquisitor's hilt( something Vader did some 15 years prior to the same character and weapon no less) . But even there Filoni dumbs the villains down, so all of a sudden guys like the Grand Inquisitor loses his fighting skills(which he had all season plus his background) and resorts to the spinning lightsaber(which is a weapon made cause these Inquisitors lack actual skill) . Its like one big mess.

So what you said is pretty doubtful to not correct since these Inquisitors are confirmed ex Jedi and are trained by the Grand Inquisitor and even Vader. That is not something to ignore. Kanan was never able to defeat the Inquisitors during Season Two either on his own or with Ezra. The only one who completely dominated and outclassed the Inquisitors was Maul and he happened to have saved all the Jedi during that finale from Ezra to both Ahsoka and Kanan, a couple of times even. So where was the good Force? It makes no sense. Moreover Kanan had his vision all of Season 2 and coming off a high point which basically helped got him knighted by Yoda mid/late season . Maul easily fended off Ahsoka's attacks but apparently underestimated the blind Kanan and all of a sudden ahsoka felt comfortable leaving Maul to face Kanan(that is also the same Maul whom Ashoka feared on Mandalore and was no match one on one combat she needed a trap and clones), it makes no sense. Kanan apparently comes up with a quick plan to challenge Maul(someone who outmatched and outclassed him and the Inquisitors)and come up with suicidal had set up a trap close to the Pyramid's ledge where Kanan would confident enough to hold him off for it to work. Filoni pulls that dumb Maul throws a punch for Kanan Prinze to use jujitsu .

But the fact remains, Ahsoka completely dominated the 6th Brother in the Ahsoka novel precisely cause he lacked any formal Jedi training & technique, and this was true for Takobo, so it does not make any sense. Its not possible. Hence my point.

14. Sigismund

Sigismund Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 16, 2018
    i wonder how they managed to dodge order 66, was the chip programmed to make the clones ignore some of the jedi?
    the best explanation I can think of is that like Ahsoka they all left the order at some point and were then picked up by palpatine and hidden in some fortress until the time was right, although the GI must have done it after Tano already left

15. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    It doesnt specify when the Jedi fell to the dark side, so they might have been rotting in Jail or left the order before the Clone Wars (Jedi don't execute their prisoners, and to my knowledge we don't have an example in canon where they can cut fallen Jedi off from the force) and then Palpatine "disappeared" them.

16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014

That is interesting point. And you know what in the Vader comic the Shock Troopers mistake Vader for a Jedi, and fire on both Jocasta Nu and Vader during the Temple scenes. Apparently all the Clones needed was a description of Vader or any like allied warrior and they would not of fired on them. Jocasta Nu also tells off the Clone berating and threatening to terminate her that he's an idiot, cause Vader was a Anakin and a Jedi. So their orders made no sense.

The Inquisitors were training in "the works", that secret Sith base of operations on Coruscant and were already fully Inquisitor ranked and filed. That comic took place directly after ROTS and its clearly eluded to that they existed before Vader was rebuilt, that part shocked Vader along with the Grand Inquisitor's existence - who himself could not of fallen until sometime after Season 5(and possibly before Anakin).

17. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    That Ahsoka was almost contemptuous with the Sixth Brother´s fighting skill makes no sense indeed, with the background they are giving them. I suppose they could return to the Agricorps solution to explain this apparent lack of abilities, but to be honest, I´ve always felt that this was a line more worth describing Ahsoka than the Inquisitor; she was fighting top CIS agents as a teenager, and I get the feeling she was getting a little arrogant herself. When she talks to Kanan about the Inquisitors in Rebels, almost 15 years later, she seemed more cautious about the threat they represent...

Jarrus and kalzeth like this.
  18. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Ahsoka is wise to be cautious by the Rebels era - after Order 66 and the Purge, few Jedi remain, and the Inquisitors represent a much bigger threat. Characters like Ventress and Dooku, while significant threats in 1v1 combat, were larger threats to the Jedi because they had an army backing them. If Ventress and Dooku were merely Inquisitors working for Sidious during the CW, they'd be easily swarmed by Jedi numbers. The tables were turned after Order 66, though I wish they remained more of a threat during the series.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Are we still assuming most of them were temple guards?

20. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    I honestly think they were probably all Padawans (excluding the GI of course). For them to be Knights by the time of ROTS would mean they are all as old as Vader, which I don't really buy. I see the Seventh Sister as about 35 or 36 at the time of her death, so she would have been 19-20 in the Vader comics.
    And logistically speaking, I think it would be easier to turn a Padawan than a Knight or Master.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree the GI should be the sole exception. It's fine with him being a Knight, but all of them? No.

22. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    I completely agree with you, but I´m still curious about what direction the writers are going with their backstory.

I think I remember the Seventh Sister saying that she was a more logical choice to be Ezra´s master because Kanan didn´t achieve the rank of Knight. Now that we know she used to be a Jedi herself, it could be a hint of her previous rank. Was there a somewhat standard age for the ascension from Padawan to Knight established in any media? Because the age you picture her seems quite accurate to me...

If they were not Padawans, I imagine that the profile Lucasfilm is trying to make with the Inquisitors is for recently knighted, overly ambitious Jedi willing to betray their Order in exchange of more power and authority. It´s all about the age they have in the comic...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    Jarrus and kalzeth like this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What episode did the 7th sister say that?

24. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    I was thinking of a line in "Always Two There Are". Let me see if I can post it here, it´s at the beginning:

Jarrus and cwustudent like this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Hmm, this makes me think she might have been a knight. She says that your master never reached the rank of knight. Then she says she could train him.

kalzeth likes this.