main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels Question

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheCowboyBuilder, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCowboyBuilder

TheCowboyBuilder Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 25, 2016
    Hi,
    I have not seen any SW Rebels but it's set between ep3 and 4 yes ?
    I just watched the trailer for season 4 and whats the story with all the jedi ?
    At this stage aren't Obi Wan and Yoda the only Jedis left after order 166 in Ep 3 ?

Are Disney just doing whatever they please ?
    or maybe it does respect the older canon, im curious.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Rebels does not follow Legends canon. Obi Wan says that by ANH he is one of the Last Jedi. Yoda says to Luke 4 years later that he is the Last Jedi. It follows the film canon.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  3. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Rebels has resurrected some things from the "old" Canon. Yes it is set between ROTS and ANH. The series is definitely worth seeing from start.

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Rebels is set between ep3 and 4. Kanan was a Padawan who barely escaped Order 66 after watching his master getting killed by their clone troop. Ezra learns the ways of the Force through Kanan. This is all canon now.

5. TheCowboyBuilder

Sep 25, 2016
    So I was following the film canon, from what I believed Obi Wan and Yoda were the only survivors ?
    Guess not now ...
    So Yoda never thought to mention any of this to Luke in Ep5 ?

6. TheCowboyBuilder

Sep 25, 2016
    OK ...
    So I guess they will be killed off so ?

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    It's more than likely they'll have a good explanation for Yoda not sensing them as "The Last Jedi" by the time the last episode is shown.

TheCowboyBuilder likes this.
  8. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Brief setup...

I haven't tried any of the recent TV shows. Mostly due to time. The general impression I've picked up on is that Rebels is the best of the lot. I realize this is subjective and that some people will love the Clone Wars much more but for the most part... is it Rebels that is the safest recommendation for film fans to try next due to the quality of the writing, animation, and more mature themes?

I'm a man in my 30s and a fan of the ST so far. Some of my favorite TV shows are more mature content like Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, and Battlestar Galactica. Some of my favorite animated TV series of all time were he HBO Spawn series, the 1990s Batman cartoon, Disney's Gargoyles and Cowboy Bebop.

Is there anyone out there who is a Rebels fan, who perhaps likes some of the same content as the above, including the Sequel Trilogy so far, willing to sort of pitch me on why they like Rebels and why I might too?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  9. TheCowboyBuilder

Sep 25, 2016
    ^^ Pretty much my story too.

I don't know if I have time to dedicate all this time to Clone Wars and Rebels ( I have watched season 1 of TCW and some FANTASTIC episodes in there - but unfortunately too a lot of filler)
    I would love a comprehensive list of episodes of both TCW + Rebels that are good + contribute properly to the canon.

Not asking someone here to compile that list for me of course :)

But again, so long as Disney don't mess with the original film canon I don't mind.
    I feared they could lose respect (especially toward the prequels) to set stories + facts.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hi. Questions like this can go in one of the main discussion threads. Please and thank you. :)

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.