main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ***OFFICIAL*** Comics Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, Aug 1, 2007.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Reading Tales Of Suspense I realized they must have stopped the Black Widow comic because she was killed by Cap. If this is her comeback I hope they continue her comic.

2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Yeah, Widow has had some very good teams as of late. That Phil Noto run was terrific (I heard the subsequent one was good too.)

3. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I could have sworn there was a tv series thread. Oh well.

Watchmen update

He previously told TV Line he wasn’t sure about an adaptation, saying: “I hold the source material in such high regard, it would literally be the worst feeling in the world to screw it up.”

Speaking during the pay cable network’s presentation at the TCA, HBO president Casey Bloys has now revealed a progress update on the project.

He stated that he has seen Damon Lindelof’s screenplay for the series’ pilot. “I’ve read the script, it’s amazing,” he said. “I’m thrilled, I imagine we’ll shoot that this year.”

Sith_Sensei__Prime and Juliet316 like this.
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I remember when Zack Snyder was still attached to the HBO Watchmen series and he was really excited about it. I'm not sure if he's still attached. Anyone know if the HBO Watchmen will be the "Before Watchmen" series or more a true prequel focusing on the 1940's "Minutemen?"

Speaking of upcoming comic book super hero projects, Todd MacFarlane is once again talking up his Spawn flick that being produced by Blumhouse, where he says Spawn will be more like "Jaws" where you don't see him for most of the film. Personally, that's really something I don't want to hear as I'd like to see Spawn instead of actors reacting to him. So, for Spawn to work like "Jaws" the film has to have very interesting and compelling regular human characters and a story to hold the audience interest, otherwise it will end up more like the 2014 Godzilla flick as oppose to Jaws.

Master_Lok likes this.
  5. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    But, 2014 Godzilla was awesome.

This week:
    All-New Wolverine 29
    X-Men Gold 20
    Witchblade 1
    The Mighty Thor 703
    Batman 39
    Avengers 676
    I would have the next Dr Strange but they were OLD OUTGSHDGSGDHASGD! Dude ordered one for me though.

6. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Foster Thor still delivers. So she lies there dying, and there is an epilogue where what appears to be original Logan dropping off some flowers. The one now carrying an Infinity Gem. Well, they go out of their way to make it ambiguous with the hat.

7. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Exactly. What's the point of a Spawn movie where you do not see him all that much, and worse, when the other characters have to do the heavy lifting while he's off camera?

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  8. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The Logan who wears a hat is the 616 version. So, yeah, that's who that is.

MacFarlane's been on that kick since he first started talking about the sequel over ten years ago. Only the story was supposed to follow Sam and Twitch. Not sure if that's going to be the same now.

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Cleopatra in Space vol. 2
    I really recommend it if you like adventure comics and is not one of those people that need your stories to be "mature" or "gritty", Cleopatra in Space is family friendly and can be read by most ages

Just becouse:
    [​IMG]
    "Little addendum to today’s comic I sketched. Anyone else remember Giraud, PHOENIX 2099? Member of the Guardians of the Galaxy 2099? No? It’s okay."

[​IMG]
    "It’s probably hard for Rachel to get invested in the Phoenix’s girls of the week."

Both comics from http://waitingforthet.tumblr.com/

[​IMG]

Hopefully Iron-Man will stop him.
    Personally, I prefer my Hawkeye swashbuckling

VadersLaMent and Master_Lok like this.
  10. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Oh, Old Man Hawkeye is swashbuckling alright (though he may eventually buckle.) When I first read Old Man Logan (which I am not a fan of save for Hawkeye), the fact that Clint was already blind was somewhat boring. That said, Old Man Hawkeye keys into the irony of a marksman named Hawkeye losing his sight, which rings a lot more true to me. Plus he's older, which is an added bonus (not enough good mature characters running around in mainstream comics so I take them where I can get them. But again that depends on the character.)

I've liked Hawkeye and wanted to give him more attention reading-wise (because archery), but it's rare when an arc will keep my interest. So something like this, I welcome (oh and Tales of Suspense which definitely has the usual swash and buckle from Clint.)

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Is it a Spawn sequel or a reboot? I was thinking it was a reboot. I mean, I don't see any benefit in making the upcoming Spawn flick a sequel since it performed terribly at the box office, IIRC and wasn't a hit among the fans.

I suppose if this upcoming Spawn film is like "Jaws" we'll get alot of flying chains and capes whipping through the air from dark shadows.

12. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    This was back when it was a sequel to the first film. Right now, I dunno. Probably a reboot without using the mythology.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    So. Batman and Catwoman engaged. They're in love. And then comes Batman 39 throwing a twist, a bit of a change in the narrative.

14. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    What's funny is that this story has already been told.

[​IMG]

King didn't know about it and feels a bit bad that he basically copied the same story.

15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    There's a huge stack of Venom Inc comics I have to get to basically the entire crossover. Been awhile since I read anything Venom-centric so I'm kind of excited

16. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Finally read the last issue of Spider-Man, Mark Bagely comes back to pencil six pages that puts a beautiful, emotional button on the Ultimate Universe that is better than all of the Ultimate End min and confirms that Ultimate Peter Parker and friends are still out there, doing their thing.

[​IMG]

Great in-joke for USM fans is Parker is re-introduced with Ultimate Goblin hollering "I CAN NEVER DIE!!!" (considering how many times Ultimate Goblin died, it's pretty funny) and Parker going "Don't remind me!"

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    Gamiel likes this.
  17. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    There is the question if this is the Ultimate universe or an alternate Ultimate universe; Jessica Drew is Spider-Woman despite taking the Black Widow mantle shortly before Secret Wars ended the line, Cap and Giant Man were dead, Thor was trapped in the N-Zone, RiRi didn't exist (or at least was never seen active as Ironheart), and it's unclear how we get from the Miles comics to Peter being Spidey again. Granted, it does look like some time as passed (Peter and MJ seem to be adults while we last saw them at age eighteen [they were in the same class, suggesting they're the same age, Peter was presumed dead at age sixteen and returned two years later], so there could be time for usual comic book land things like resurrections and other stuff that undo changes to bring us to this, or if nothing else, the timeline got altered a bit from what we saw in the original Ultimate series when being restored post-Secret Wars.

However, all that said, I was extremely happy to see that the Ultimate universe survived in some form (Peter Parker edition Ultimate Spidey was what got me into comics and is my most favorite series of all). Also really happy to see that Peter and MJ are still a couple like they were throughout the USM series; favorite comic book couple of all time and given how they've been shafted in the main comics, it's nice to see that one of the few where things were working out for them did give them a happy ending.

I wish that Ultimate would get a revival off this; I'd really like a USM continuation and, as fine as Miles is, there's no substitute for the original Ultimate Spidey.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    It's the later one.

19. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    That the official verdict or just our best guess?

20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Our best guess, bassed on that after that big Secret Wars thing all universes are new universes, also Miles Morales is from the original Ultimate-verse and he has a counterpart in the above 'verse

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    The end of Secret Wars was basically a cosmic reset so every universe is an alternate / new one. they even dropped the 616 moniker and called it Marvel Universe, I believe. and Reed and Co. are literally creating new universes and flinging it out into beyond. Technically, Secret Wars #1 (2015) is the legit end of 616 and Ultimate. So any universe that shows up can have some differences. Like Miles is a part of the Marvel Universe and has apparently always been one post-secret wars and he's one of the few who remember both (and his mom was suddenly alive again after being killed by Venom in the Ultimate universe). Miles ran into Iron Spider / Uncle Prowler in the last issue so things are complicated.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    Gamiel likes this.
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  23. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    I think the dropping the "616" moniker is a lost cause.

24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    hahha, I agree, even though apparently Marvel editorial hates it.

25. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    Well, the problem is that "Marvel Universe" is not specific enough. "616" is.