main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Agents of Mayhem

There’s something about, despite its flaws, that keeps drawing me back.

It could be the simplicity of it - the firefights are pretty damn hectic, with a variety of enemies and abilities - health, shield, armour. Each of the characters have specialities in this respect, so able to evade attacks more easily, take shields or armour down or do quick attacks or heavy hits. Swapping the characters becomes far easier than it seems at the start. Taking on a Legion commander to clear the alert is quite satisfying. As is walking around afterwards and seeing the corpses of your slain enemies.

And then there was the boss battle I did today, with August Gaunt - think the most cloying, manipulative, Cowell-on-crack-produced pop and you have Gaunt. A fake, fraudulent pop star who’s into mind control.

The boss fight starts off predictably enough, with him attacks that can kill you quick - it was the hardest section. After that, it veers straight into full mick take with you melee fans to remove mind control VR helmets and it follows that up with you sabotaging Gaunt’s autotune! What makes this so fun is after the first one you wreck, he no longer sounds so good, he gets worse after the second, becoming truly screeching and the third becomes a mercy killing. Very funny to play.

After that I just did casual stuff around Seoul.

One criticism of the game is the way Legion take back outposts you have taken over, which renders doing them quite pointless, which is true. On the other hand, this game is built around the idea of a Saturday morning 80s cartoon with lots of F-bombs and swearing and in those cartoons? The bad guy never gets defeated completely. Unleash armies? Send in doomsday weapons? Yep, but totally lose? Nope.

Grievousdude likes this.
  2. Mostlymad

Mostlymad Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2017
    Anyone playing Arena of Valor? Tag me.

3. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I really enjoy Starfighter on Battlefront 2. But I really wish there were more maps.

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    In all fairness, does it really matter about the maps when playing Starfighter? If you think about it, how much variety can you get in the space battles? It would seem redundant, but maybe if the included the U-Wing assault from Rouge One that might offer something more.

5. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    I gave up on Bioshock, not my kind of game at all! Instead, I have started Oblivion on the PS3, so far, so good. :)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    darkspine10 likes this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    You still use your PS3? I think the last time I used it was about a year or so ago when PS Plus had an interesting freebie to download for it. I think it was some kind of fighting game. Played it for a couple of days then went back to my PS4.

7. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    I have lots of good games on the PS3, no point re-buying the games on ps4 when they work fine on the PS3 ;)

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    How many female-lead games do you have on the PS3? Besides Tomb Raider, I have Heavenly Sword and Wet; both highly recommendable games.

9. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    Only Tomb Raider, but you can chose to be a female in Oblivion and Skyrim, but that does not count really.

There are not many (or enough) games that have female leads, unfortunately.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    If you like adventure games, you should try Heavenly Sword and Wet.

11. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    I just googled them, Heavenly Sword certainly looks interesting, might look into playing that one, thanks for the suggestions :)

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Kind of like what Horizon Zero Dawn is now for the PS4, Heavenly Sword was essentially the franchise game for the PS3 back in the day when it was first released.

13. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    They're not for everyone but the Mirror's Edge games are good female lead games that are worth a try.

Life likes this.
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I saw that the sequel one on PS4 is on sale now. I've only tried those games on demo. It's certainly an acquired taste.

15. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I would say Catalyst is better than the original. It's not really a sequel though it's more of a reboot/prequel.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I've never been all that fond of First Person games, whether it'd be shooters or the Mirrors Edge ones where you're running around in a virtual reality type environment.

17. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Do you mean within the fiction of the game? Because you're running around in the real world in Mirror's Edge. Perhaps you're confusing it with Superhot, where you're playing a game within the game.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I mean just the First Person aspect of it. For me it's just difficult getting used to the controls. I like to see the full avatar of my character on screen to get a sense of their surroundings.

19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Got my Dragon Ball FighterZ download started, just a few hours until it unlocks.

From everything I've seen, it's a great looking game and not nearly as complex as SF and Tekken. Which means it may be the game for me.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I've never been a fan of the anime, but I had just recently put the original "Xenoverse" game on my Gamefly queue to try out. Since there's been two iterations that have come out (with FighterZ) since then, it's relatively cheap now so I might consider buying it.

heels1785 likes this.
  21. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I'm not familiar with DBZ either, honestly. Got won over by the gameplay I've seen - the beta was an absolute nightmare with the servers, but from what I've seen, Bandai Namco got that corrected for release.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I particularly like the ability to create your own fighters from the various "races". It's certainly an interesting feature not usual for fighting games.

heels1785 likes this.
  23. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I play Overwatch quite often and currently I'm into Europa Universalis IV and 1701 A.D.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    heels1785 likes this.
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    More Horizon: Zero Dawn last night. Hard to put into words how impressed I am, and how impactful this game is. And I've barely scratched the surface of the main quest, just been hunting and doing side quests to start.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Just wait until you get into the whole story.

heels1785 likes this.