main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Padmé YA novel CONFIRMED (Queen’s Shadow by EK Johnston)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Oh wow. And I so care what you think, too!

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Enough. You guys should know better.

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, why didn't Jello do it sooner? Times New Roman is perfect for him in Mod mode.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  4. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Sorry, taking out my frustrations with anti-TLJ people a little too hard.

5. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
    This book is bothering me every day. Why did Panini ask jedibibliothek to remove the listing for it on their site? I don't get it. They didn't give a reason. Is it cancelled, is it being pushed back? I hate when things are done with no explanation to the public. We deserve to know.

6. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    We don't really deserve anything. They'll tell us when they're ready to announce it, same as always.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    A private company doesn’t owe “the public” anything in response to someone leaking something that may very well have important contractual restrictions.

8. germanjedi

germanjedi Jedi Knight

Nov 7, 2017
    They emailed us catalogue info they weren't supposed to give us yet and noticed too late. They asked us to remove it, so we removed it. That's really all there is to know.

9. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
    Okay. Hopefully it will be announced in the future

10. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
    I'm losing my mind waiting for this announcement. Edited out creepy stuff

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2018
  11. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
  12. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    Grow up.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2018
  13. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    Unless there's stripping involved it's just being a tease, not a striptease. Like how movies have teaser trailers, not stripteaser trailers (except, like, Magic Mike, I guess).

Also, ew.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

14. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    As I've said before, don't be creepy. This is your final warning on the topic

15. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    Thank God someone wants to get rid of vulgar comments.

16. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
    Sorry everyone :(

17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    What the... Nope, #6543 Things I Don't Need To Know.

DarthTalgus and Sinrebirth like this.
  18. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    Lucasfilm and Disney are working day and night to make enough movies, TV shows and books to satisfy Yunzabit, but it's never enough! They're exhausted! :p

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This thread took a really weird turn.

20. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
    I apologize for ruining this thread. I'm not a perv. I'm just frustrated. I WANT this book.

21. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Let's get back to topic, does anyone think that we might get the unreleased Return to Mon Cala arc in this book ? The arc would've heavily featured Padme

22. KamenSentaiMetalHero

KamenSentaiMetalHero Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    I think this book should happen. We don't get a lot of Padme-centric stories. I would like if it was a political thriller set between TPM and AOTC

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am very interested to see if this book comes out when it will be set. You could do it before TPM or between AOTC and TPM perhaps about her becoming Senator?

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    :oops:You should have stuck with the first six words and then stopped.

Stymi likes this.
  25. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    After all these years, I honestly don't know why Padme loves Anakin. I'm not saying she shouldn't love Anakin, I'm not expressing incredulity at the fact, I'm saying I honestly don't even know the reasons. Maybe that's because I haven't read any of the film novelizations. Maybe it's there and I just need to read them. Maybe this is all my fault and everything I'm saying is ignorant and irrelevant. But I've watched almost all of TCW, I read a lot of the comics and most of the novels from the old Clone Wars multimedia, and I don't know. I don't know that I've ever even come across reasoning for it. Maybe I've just forgotten. Or maybe it needs more handling. If it's there in the novelizations, then I guess I'm not the only one who hasn't read them, I guess Dave Filoni hasn't either, nor has anyone who wrote any of the stuff I have read.

Because of the way things have been handled (inconsistently), I don't know what she stands for politically. I don't even know what her ideals are.

I don't know what her personality is. What are her traits? Her habits? Her expressions? What are her idiosyncrasies? What makes Padme recognizable as Padme? How do I define her? I can't.

Who is Padme? I don't know. I've never known. Not sure how this is possible. Have I just not taken enough interest? Maybe. But, like I said, I've consumed a lot of Clone Wars era Star Wars, so shouldn't I have picked it up through osmosis by now? Shouldn't it have been well established for me?

And it's not because I don't like her. I hate Ahsoka, but I know Ahsoka. I don't care for Corran Horn, but I know Corran Horn. I don't like Thrawn or Mara, but the people running this franchise have certainly made sure I know them and know them well. I can talk about so many characters with confidence. I can hardly talk about Padme at all, except for one thing, one topic, one theme, and that's disappointment.

Maybe this needs to change. She's a movie character, the highest canon. She will always have a major place in the story. We/they have plenty of time to work on/with her.

Or maybe we can just cast her aside and forget about her and move on as if she never existed.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018