main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    I don’t think it does *if* the first six episodes were necessary steps towards a more permanent (hopefully!!) balance.

Gemlake and Darkslayer like this.
  2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    That idea has potential. I think that's what George was going for with the first six though.

JoJoPenelli likes this.
  3. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Hm. It’s tough because George intended early on that there’d be an ST trilogy, so there had to be *something* left to resolve. Maybe it was originally something else.

Darkslayer likes this.
  4. civilsecret

civilsecret Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2016
    i thought the force isnt in always in a permanent state of balance, from time to time the balance gets uprooted by significant rise in darkness because you cant permanently destroy evil/darkness as long as there are beings that exist.the balance needs to be maintained

5. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Makes sense.

Hopefully we get more Chosen Ones, then...I don’t think the Saga is finished with that concept...

6. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I am sure he was going to go for something else. My personal theory is that since Snoke was a George character - he was supposed to be a dark sider who had transcended the Sith and who was acting in accordance with the balanced Force. He could have been the Son of Mortis, or an enlightened Darth Plagueis (I think the Plagueis option is more likely).

Strongbow and JoJoPenelli like this.
  7. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

Oh no! Not Plagueis!!! But those are interesting ideas. I wonder how much a Dark Side user can really be in "balance" though? Seems like being a Darksider tends to come with ambition and selfishness that makes balance hard (note that I contrast that against a Force user that might sometimes access the Dark).

8. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    I think a dark sider is by definition not “in balance.” Snoke even calls Kylo “unbalanced.”

Yora and cwustudent like this.
  9. vaderito

vaderito Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2016
    Every time this thread updates I think "Spoilers at last!"'. Apparently not. :_|

10. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Interesting choice of words there! Indeed, darksiders can't be balanced on their own, but perhaps they can agree to play their part as representatives of the dark side in the Universe without overdoing it... or believe that they are doing so. As I understand it, the dark side doesn't need champions, because aggression, fear and greed will naturally seek dominance with or without people to represent them.
    The light side, on the other hand, might need an extra push to counter the aggressive dark; deliberate acts of compassion to balance things out.

I am VERY curious about GL's version of the story!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  11. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I would flip if this goes back to Mortis.

12. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I thought George said it was the Sith who were the cause of the imbalance. I think he compared them to a cancer within the Force. Dark and light are both needed, but the Sith aren't conduits of the dark - they take it and twist it to suit their whims. Perhaps Plagueis understood this and, following the betrayal of Sidious, abandoned the Sith - much like Maul wound up doing - but still served as a necessary conduit of the dark side (in the Legends novel, he makes a distinct effort to distance himself from Darth Bane's Sith).

13. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Lower your expectations. There haven't been spoilers of any consequence since about May of 2016, and even then they were wrong.

14. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Maybe! An unnatural concentration of darkness? Maybe the very idea of a “dark sider” is unnatural?

15. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    By this same time before Episode VIII production started, Rian was already courting Benecio for a role.

Also, over the next few months, if Episode IX needs any new unknown talent, there will be auditions. Like Daisy months before TFA production and Kelly months before TLJ production.

16. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Unless it turns out that the actors they already got have previously unknown talents.

nonesuch and cerealbox like this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That would have ruined the prophecy no? Plaguise is a sith so he should be dead.

cwustudent likes this.
  18. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    This is the new lame joke of the day

19. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    [​IMG]

dekaneas and cerealbox like this.
  20. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    People can leave the Sith order. Maul and Vader did.

21. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I think darksiders could be in balance in the way Son was in the Mortis arc. His existence wasn't a problem. Although Daughter balanced him. But the main problem was his need to dominate the galaxy.

But it's kind of impossible since his nature was why he was so tempted, and ultimately why he couldn't resist that temptation.

Valency Jane likes this.
  22. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    i wonder if new actors will join the main cast for ep9? i kinda doubt it since i expect the last episode to focus on a restraint numbers of characters but it will be interesting to know about it.

With a lot of characters gone in TFA and TLJ, ep9 might not deviate from the core of the ST:

Rey/Finn/Poe/Rose (+ ghost Luke?) vs Kylo Ren/Hux (+Knights of Ren?)

i imagine the movie focusing on these characters now that Han, Leia, Holdo, Snoke, San Tekka, Phasma, the Praetorian guards are gone...and Luke to some extent....i doubt we'll see Maz or DJ again, and if we do i think it will be more like cameos.

As the final chapter they'll probably want to narrow the focus, inqtead of expending the cast.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    dekaneas and Valency Jane like this.
  23. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Also interesting.... but thinking of the Son on Mortiss, he seemed to have the same issues as the Sith.... seems like the Darkside tends to draw those emotions out if not carefully controlled.

JoJoPenelli likes this.
  24. vaderito

vaderito Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2016
    Considering that TLJ new characters weren't received all that well, I doubt that there will be major additions, or at least not additions like Holdo whose role was something either Leia or Poe could have done (the sacrifice, since Leia/Poe discontent was already established so one of them could have gone kamikaze to prove the point), or DJ whose part could have been cut altogether with Canto Bight while sending Finn and Rose straight to Supremacy to find the way to disable the tracking device (since having Finn interact with his former buddies/employees is more important than his freeing rabbit horses, etc).

I also expect that some characters will take a backseat due to over exposure in TLJ (Poe, Rose) while others will get more to do to make up for taking the backseat in TLJ (Finn).

25. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    i liked Canto Bight and DJ a lot so im glad they went here haha. The Supremacy's infiltration on the other was just ok IMO. Anyway...Holdo is dead and DJ is merely an occasional encounter so there's no need to see him again. But Rose was made an important part of the Resistance and Finn's friend so she'll surely be back (and im glad she will) but it's a small addition compared to the number of characters that are out of the picture.

Of course if the story calls for it they might cast new supporting roles but at this point of the trilogy i dont see new characters appearing for the 1st time (Jabba and the Emperor were first seen in ROTJ but they were mentionned before/seen as a hologram. ROTS introduced Grievous but it felt forced IMO and im not even talking about him as a character, maybe the worst of the saga).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.