main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT What would Anakin and Padme be like as old people aka grandparents.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Princess Of Manchester, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Princess Of Manchester

Princess Of Manchester Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 7, 2018
    I feel like that be'd like my mom's parents.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Their Grandson being Kylo? Hmm that’s interesting. I wonder if there is a fanfic about that.

3. Snafu55

Snafu55 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2015
    What about Anakin's Force Ghost?

4. Princess Of Manchester

Jan 7, 2018
    If he never became Vader. :vader:

5. Princess Of Manchester

Jan 7, 2018
    His name is Ben Solo. ;)

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  7. KamenSentaiMetalHero

KamenSentaiMetalHero Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    Well I think Anakin would be a cool grandpa, while Padme would be the more "I baked you cookies" type

Tonyg and Mostly Handless like this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    there interactions as old people would also be very cool.

9. Snafu55

Oct 19, 2015
    kinda would be awkward... if it was the redeemed anakin...
    "well Luke we both obviously didn't like sand people..."

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think it was a Vader who did not turn

11. Snafu55

Oct 19, 2015
    Anakin regardless did not like sand, luke probably didn't.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So does Rey most likely.

13. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Of course they would have been excellent grandparents. Anakin would have taught his grandchildren to stay away from sand, how to race a podrace, how to efficiently kill sandpeople and Jedi younglings, and that living in a black suit for 20 years is not always that comfortable. Padme could have taught her granddaughter skills how to seduce any slave boy 4 years younger. I'm sure they would have been fun grandparents :D

14. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Folks, I think the OP meant IF ANAKIN NEVER TURNED. As in, Palpatine/Sidious dies, the Clone Wars end, the Jedi do their thing in resecuring peace in the Republic; Padmé has the babies without dying herself, she and Anakin potentially live together in Naboo to raise the children. Leia goes to marry someone (say Han Solo) and has babies.

How would Anakin (the version that never turned to the Dark Side) and Padmé be like as grandparents. That’s what the OP is asking. :D

DBPirate likes this.
  15. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    It is questions like these that make me miss the what if style comics we used to get.

16. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    I think that Padme would have grown into quite a prim older lady. Hair in a tight bun and spectacles balanced on the end of her nose. Anakin would likely have been one of those old fellows content to Potter around in his garden shed fixing his various doodads. I can imagine plenty of arguments about trailing dirt into the house. I can't see Padme reacting too well if Leia brought Han home to meet the parents.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  17. Qui-Gon Keith

Qui-Gon Keith Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2015
    The more important question to me is.....would Obi-Wan be the fun uncle to Luke & Leia? ;)

Mostly Handless likes this.
  18. Princess Of Manchester

Jan 7, 2018
    True. I bet he would be. Taking them to pod races, when Leia is a teenager letting her see Han in the middle of the night. Oh my force.

19. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Occasionally old Anakin would fly off the handle & kill the neighbours bcs their dog crapped on his front lawn, or they played their music too loud. Grandma Padme would shrug & say "To be angry is to be human" & get back to her knitting.

20. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    C'mon, you could do better than that... You're losing your touch at trolling ;)

21. Qui-Gon Keith

Qui-Gon Keith Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2015
    Yeah, I like that. And when Luke gets bullied by his friends and gets called "wormie", Uncle Obi-Wan would tell them off, "Who's the more wormish? The wormie or the wormie who calls him wormie?"

22. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Even if Anakin had never turned to the dark side, I don't see the two of them making it as a couple beyond the clone wars. In ROTS, we see glimpses of the tension between them (about being honest with each other). For most of their secret marriage, they were a long-distance couple--he was off at war, she was mostly on Coruscant. Yet, even when they could spend time together, there were relationship issues boiling to the surface. The entire relationship was founded on deceit.

In an alternative reality where the clone wars ended and there was peace, it is hard to imagine Anakin leaving power behind. He had rose to prominence both as a Jedi and through his relationship with the chancellor. As long as he remained with the Jedi, he could not be with Padme in the open.

So they could have grown old, but doubtful that they would grow old together.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  23. ralfyman

ralfyman Jedi Padawan

Jan 9, 2018
    Probably like their folks.

24. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Again, the Chancellor Anakin was following was a Sith Lord. This scenario calls for the assumption that Palpatine was found out and arrested/executed. There would’ve been a new Chancellor appointed, one that wasn’t on Anakin’s “Best Friend in the Galaxy” list.

25. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    I'm feeling like Padme would still be as hot as near the fireplace. And be telling Anakin to stop looking at her like that.

I think there was a really interesting comic where Darth Vader had a vision/nightmare post ROTS. Of if he had assisted Master Windu in apprehending or simply killing Palpatine. That the disturbing visions of Padme's death ceased. That Organa had become the Temporary Chancellor appointed by the Jedi Council, who in turn had made Anakin a Jedi Master. The Jedi Council had also made an exception to his marriage to Padme. And Padme had just delivered their child and had been elected the first new Chancellor of the Republic, the war having ended?

I think Padme would have been wise. She would have got the Senators to discuss the problems of the people. And then just done it.

Anakin might have been peaceful with the manipulation by Palpatine finished, no more disagreements with the Council and no more pressure, the Sith being dead and no prophecy to fulfil. There's a funny HISHE video on how ROTS should have ended.

Tonyg and Princess Of Manchester like this.