main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Sideshow Collectibles Discussion Board!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jan 6, 2006.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Rain Gear - Rather like the Jakku Rey who I loved in her desert protection wear - I rather love how Jyn looks in the rain gear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CaptainHamYoyo likes this.
  2. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    The likeness is amazing!

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Phasmus likes this.
  4. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
  5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002

Yeah I leave for vacation - come back and BANG here's a Hot Toys Leia to add to your growing list of pre-orders. Bahhhhhhh!!!!!

Let's see this puts me at:

The Last Jed - Luke, Rey, Leia
    Hoth Leia
    ROTS Anakin
    ROTJ Luke

Plus 2 non-SW preorders that have 1 payment left on each - Fox Mulder and Daenerys Targaryen.

I also know the ROTJ Endor Luke and Leia are coming around the corner also. I really want the ESB Vader, but I can't afford him too :( I'd also really love any one of the new Gal Gadot Wonder Woman figures - but I'll probably have to wait until WW2 comes out.

A few pics of Leia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That face mold is just stunning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Not one I will be getting but I think it's a pretty good likeness of her.

7. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I am looking forward to the ROTJ Luke and Leia. I need Vader too.

This is why I stick with Star Wars. These are too expensive for me to branch off into Marvel characters or Wonder Woman.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah I know, but I do like getting some other figures also just to fill out some of my mini-other collections. The Mulder/Danny figures are by a company Three Zero, the figures are a full payment less than Hot Toys figures.

I truly, deeply love my Hot Toys figures, the sculpts on them and detailing on the accessories is just amazing.

FYI I have no idea where I'm going to display my TLJ stuff yet.

9. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I really like TLJ Luke, but I'll probably stick to 1-6 and rogue one stuff. Maybe Solo if I like it. I think RotS Anakin is next for me.

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    For those w/ a Fett-ish - Hot Toys announced an ESB Boba Fett 1/6 scale today.
    Pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Phasmus and CaptainHamYoyo like this.
  11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Saw that over on Rebelscum earlier. Even if I could afford it I have no place to put it..

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well he's a 12" figure so he's not THAT big. There are going to be 2 versions a standard and deluxe, usually the standard is like $15-20 cheaper than the Deluxe versions.

Sideshow does allow you to pay via payment plans for pre-orders also.

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Production photos of Hot Toy's Hoth Leia were posted today! I gotta remember to stash full payment amount cash aside for her, I forgot to add a payment plan when I ordered her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    FYI the Hoth Leia's are shipping all over Asia, I'm guessing that means they'll be making their way here soon!

15. TheEvilQueen

TheEvilQueen Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2018
    I have a Hoth Leia coming, too. I'm hoping that a matching ESB Han will be released in the near future to pair with her. She turned out fantastic.

Even though the price has really risen over the years, (I remember when Sideshow figures were $40-50 around their Buffy the Vampire Slayer license days and when Hot Toys' first figures were around $100-130), I just can't quit them. The attention to detail, sculpts, paint are just too good. I used to dream of having figures in this scale that looked so accurate.

Besides Hoth Leia, I also have TLJ Rey, Kylo, and General Leia on order currently. I was so happy to see TLJ Leia get made. Carrie looked so regal and amazing in TLJ!

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I love the Hot Toys figures. My wallet is glad they don't do it, but I kind of wish that Sideshow still did their alien figures. I really want the Hammerhead, Greedo, and Jabba that they did eons ago, but they are soooo expensive on the secondary market.

I'm excited for the Leia figures. I was also excited to see TLJ Leia - maybe there's hope we'll get a Bespin Leia from them. I would think they would love making Queen Amidala figures.

Currently I've got TLJ Rey, Luke, Leia, Hoth Leia, ROTJ Luke, ROTS Anakin all on pre-order. (Plus 2 non-SW figures.) I want the Endor Chase Leia who's coming also.

If I had more money I would love the HT ESB Vader since I have their ESB Luke 2 pack w/ the weather vane. I just don't know if I can handle having 8 figures on pre-order though.

17. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Hoth Leia is gorgeous! I hope I can snag one.

18. Scavenger Rey

Scavenger Rey Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2018
    That Hoth Leia shot right to the top of my grail list the second I saw her. Absolutely stunning. I resisted Hot Toys for so long, but now Hoth Leia and Rey with BB-8 are the very first figures I'll be getting when I get a better job.

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah watch yourself, once you get the first ones, it's impossible to not want more. They're my absolute favorite collectibles. I can't wait for Hoth Leia. I love my ANH Leia but finally getting an amazing ESB Leia in that level of quality has been something I've wanted forever.

Scavenger Rey likes this.
  20. TheEvilQueen

TheEvilQueen Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2018
    I find that once you get one, it spoils you. The detail and sculpting are just so good. At the end of the day, if I could only collect one type of collectible/toy, it would be these, because of that reason.

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Ok Sideshow - WTF is wrong w/ you? Hot Toys has their own version(s) of this figure coming out who I have on pre-order. Why is yours only $5 more to get the full Endor costume rather than buying a whole second figure??? WHY WHY WHY?????

22. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Their sculpt isn't nearly as good. I do prefer the neutral facial expression, but the Hot Toys sculpts look far better.

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeahhhhhh but Sideshow has sooo improved. My TPM Obi-Wan, X-Wing Luke, and Hoth Han Solo have outstanding sculpts and paint jobs. Han makes me pissed that I missed the Hoth Luke. I'm rather tempted to kill my Hot Toys pre-order (even though I've paid the NRD) and switch to this one. Ultimately I've been sort of waffling over swapping from the Jabba's Hot Toys Luke to the Endor Chase Luke since I technically don't need another Jedi Luke (I have the old Sideshow version and one from Medicom) - my Sideshow has his mouth slightly open which the Hot Toys one has. This one has a different expression.

End of story - I'd really prefer an Endor chase Luke. If the Sideshow version comes w/ that outfit plus all of the other stuff, I might just have to switch over but will think it over more when I get home.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    Gamma626 likes this.