main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Knights of Ren in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dlbates, Dec 13, 2017.

?

Do you believe we will see the Knights of Ren in the movies beyond the flashback from TFA?

1. They will play a large roll in IX

2. They will be seen in IX but only briefly, and possibly in another flashback

3. They will not be seen, but will be mentioned in IX

4. We have heard the last of the Knights of Ren. Not even a mention in IX.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Hey, Sidious was seen quite a lot in TPM and he made it all the way to ROTJ ;)

cerealbox likes this.
  2. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!

Lulu Mars likes this.
  3. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    They'll be the elitist of red shirts

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well it would not be the first time trained force users were redshirts in Star Wars.

cerealbox likes this.
  5. Darkspellmaster

Darkspellmaster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    See all the Jedi in the PT.

6. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    [​IMG]

Darth Smurf and cerealbox like this.
  7. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I think JJ needs to show the Knights of Ren. It gives Rey (and any allies she may have) more threats to face and it fills in the gap about what happened to Luke's former students.

cerealbox and kalzeth like this.
  8. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I think the Knights of Ren are going to be huge in the marketing of the film. A larger group of dark side users has never been done before in the films.

9. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    That's what I said!!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    TheLastHaterOfZero likes this.
  10. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Lol sorry, didn't read you're earlier post

cerealbox likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s most likely the most unique concept the ST has to its films that the other films have not done before.

cerealbox likes this.
  12. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Yeah. Kylo is now the big bad (with Snoke dead)

But there's a 50/50 chance he'd win or lose, if he and Rey entered into another fight.

Having 6 darksiders to back him up, makes him more formidable, and makes the good guys the underdogs

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The good guys have been the underdog since TFA.

TheLastHaterOfZero likes this.
  14. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    JJ said he was interested in a KOR spinoff, didn't he? I mean, that's not going to happen, but that shows he's interested in them.

15. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    The bad guys were always scared that the good guys would find Luke and cause the tables to turn. Hence the plot of TFA.

16. jc1138

jc1138 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 16, 2004
    The reasons the KoR turned and followed Kylo are pretty important and, most likely, varied. It can't be that one night 6 Jedi students just decide "let's kill a bunch of our fellow students and follow the dark side." It is more likely, IMO, that Kylo was deceitful with them at a time of crisis (the flashback night) to get them to join his side. These future KoR were probably, with Kylo, on the edge of the LS/DS divide to varying degrees. Also, I'm hesitant to just lay everything at Snoke's door because then we have a "devil made me do it" situation.

17. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    That's what I've been thinking from the get go but on the other hand Rian Johnson purposely didn't include them in TLJ because he would've killed them off. That heavily implies that at the very least Johnson also wants the KOR to be more than Red Shirts, though it's obviously not up to him anymore. Hopefully JJ, apparently a fan of the KOR, will give them at least a little character development.

18. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    THREAD MERGE.

19. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I'd love to know what Luke's students were promised in exchange for turning to the dark side. We know that Snoke was hoping to turn Kylo into the next Vader but if he was the one that also turned Luke's students what was his big sales pitch? It's hard to imagine they were won over by Snoke saying, "hey how would you all like to be Kylo's henchmen?" Part of what I'm getting at is how satisfied are the KOR at being Kylo's toadies? They went from being Jedi's in waiting, trained by the legendary Luke Skywalker and then they were presumably promised something apparently even more appealing than being a Jedi but now they're just a bunch of thugs.

kalzeth and Roosterq like this.
  20. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I do think they will be in it. However, I feel that their physical appearances will be slightly "retconned". They can get away it, I suppose, as you never really saw them properly in TFA.

11-4D likes this.
  21. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Maybe they simply followed Kylo because they were his friend and they believed him when he said "Master Skywalker tried to murder me in my sleep just now!" Perhaps some later regretted it. Perhaps we'll see one of these former students still alive but not a KoR in Episode 9. It's possible.

NileQT87 likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    How do you think they will be retconned?

23. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    As far as

If I could offer a couple theories:

1.) The Force vision was not totally accurate to what the Knights look like. While the fact that it accurately depicted Kylo might argue against that, the Force vision could be somewhat symbolic in their depiction (we kinda saw that with the vision suggesting that Rey's family left her using a ship, when TLJ informed that they didn't literally use a ship when they discarded her). Either way, since it wasn't the "real" Knights, discrepancies could either be chalked up to how Rey processed the vision or the glimpse that we got being so quick that we just gloss over the mistakes and pretend that they "always" looked like their final design since it's so hard to tell from TFA (kind of like how we ignore the minor changes in Kylo's facial scar from TFA and TLJ; even though a side-by-side comparison shows the differences, they're close enough that we know it's supposed be "read" as being the same).

2.) The Knights have a variety of uniforms and weapons they use, or they changed those accessories between the timeframe of Rey's vision and the present.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I also would like them to have lightsabers

nld3 likes this.
  25. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    I’m sure it’s been said but they are now the only missing piece of Rey’s vision in TFA:

Everything else makes more sense now. Her tattered clothes when she’s young make more sense. We now know that Luke and R2 are indeed at the Temple. The KoR are the last piece in the rain and it’s the same writer/director back who started them in the first place. All they need to do is be off on some mission and return at the start of IX and ultimately end up on a rain planet and her Forceback at the start will have set everything up.