main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Your Story Ideas For Future Films/Spinoffs

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by markdeez, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    You all think we'll get a spinoff set between A New Hope and Empire?

2. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Answer: No

3. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    But I'm dying to know who drew up the plans for the Hoth base!

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  4. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Asajj Ventress. Like one film ago already!

Lord Sith Harloxzz and wobbits like this.
  5. kyloten

kyloten Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2018
    They need to tell the story of Ben Solo's fall and Luke Skywalker's Jedi academy. Now would be the time to do it since both Mark Hamill and Adam Driver can still play the ages that their characters would be in that film (they did in The Last Jedi). A film would be my preferred medium of storytelling for this story, but if not a film than a TV series. Preferably not a book, but if it was between a novel/comic or not being made at all then of course I would choose for the story to be told.
    A few more ideas:
    -Knights of the Old Republic
    -The Old Republic
    -Solo films: Revan, Bane, Thrawn, Ahsoka
    -Clone Wars live action film
    -Formation of the Rebellion

6. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Stuff that happened after RotJ...with Sebastian Stan as Luke.
    Anything with Vader in it.
    Anything that is NOT the Old Republic I-).

Avnar likes this.
  7. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    God I hope so... They have three years to play with right there!

@DarthHutt

- Yes to a Luke film with Sebastian Stan (with a beard) set after ROTJ! On this...how long after Jedi does the battle of Jakku take place [face_thinking] It would be easy to have Luke present and Han and Leia off raising Ben/pregnant etc

- Yes to a Vader film! :vader: Whilst I didn't love the film, I watched Riddick recently and he spent the first half of the film trapped on a planet that has all kinds of nasties to battle whilst he is awaiting extraction/a way off and I though about Vader. After the DS blows up at the end of ANH he crash lands on the red planet of Yavin and the Rebel Alliance send a squad of soldiers after him...has potential no? This would be tricky as I can't see him as the main character. Hmmm

- Dantooine. (Paraphrasing here) "The base looks like it has been deserted for some time" With this film I would go the monster route. Disney said they were going to experiment with some of the Anthology films [face_thinking] So... Numerous Rebel soldiers keep disappearing whilst out on patrol and eventually the base gets overrun with some kind of scary alien man eaters (think a lighter version of Aliens set in the GFFA) the RA then flee to Yavin 4 at the end of the film.

- Boba Fett. :boba: This film I can already see in my mind. First scene is BF taking off from Cloud City with Han in carbonite and Leia shooting at him. BF escapes but other bounty hunters come after him (trying to steal Solo and get the reward) and he gets shot down over a jungle planet. Leia also sends some commandos after him on a secret mission (independent of Mon Mothma) Think The Predator in the GFFA. They are all unsuccessful. The last scenes are Han hanging on Jabbas palace wall, a conversation between two of the soldiers that survive going "If we couldn't get Solo back - Who is going to be able to" and then the prestige - cue deleted scene of Luke lighting up his green lighsaber on Tatooine!! Gives me chills thinking about it :greensaber:

Just a few ideas I have floating around my head...

8. JediJaxxRaven

JediJaxxRaven Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2018
    Darth Sidious as an apprentice!! Start with him being chosen by his master. His master training him. Some undercover missions. And end the spin-off near the beginning of Episode 1 with Chancellor Valorum assuring Palpatine that his ambassadors arrived.

Darkslayer and PCCViking like this.
  9. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Tales of Scum and Villainy

A criminal underworld trilogy helmed by Tarantino (Mos Eisley Cantina), Guillermo Del Toro (Jabba's palace), and Robert Rodriguez (Maz's Castle).

10. JDN21

JDN21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Inferno Squad - following a squad of Imperial special forces and spies (either Inferno Squad or similar) during the Empire era.

Luke Skywalker - in the years following Endor, seeing what adventures the only Jedi Knight in the galaxy gets up to now there are no Sith to battle. Could be quite Indiana Jones-esque as he searches for Jedi artefacts and knowledge. My only reservation is that Mark Hamill is Luke Skywalker, so casting would be difficult.

11. scuiggefest

scuiggefest Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    Young Mace Windu's final mission as a Padawan learner, in a Republic that's still mostly functional.

12. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Wolverine Yoda: Origins

13. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    The Thrawn Trilogy
    Kenobi (with Ewan)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  14. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Still .. The Tale of Darth Plagueis the (un) Wise.

15. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Reys Parents: Star Wars has a Hangover

16. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]
    We need a Padme Spin Off. I think GL forgot to mention something about her.

Chewies_bandolier likes this.
  17. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    In the short term I’m just hopeful we see a Kenobi film with Ewan. That can complete the pre-ANH era trilogy, before they move on to the other trilogies. [face_praying]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Krueger likes this.
  18. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    A little off topic but I wonder if they could come up with a way to include some of the new anthology actors in movies set in and around the ST timeline?

Maybe one of them will have somehow discovered an anti-aging process?

19. MandoA101

MandoA101 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 2, 2016
    How about a sort of Zero Dark Thirty spinoff: About a team of Elite stormtroopers (Porg Team 6?) go in and takeout a rebel commander.

American Sniper spinoff: About a imperial scout and his 4 tours of duty on Tatooine or Jedha (close enough to Iraq).

Where Eagles Dare spinoff: a team of rebels infiltrate a heavily guarded citadel/castle of sorts.

Hunt for the Red October spinoff: A new ship of First order crewmen and women attempt to defect to the New Republic.

PCCViking likes this.
  20. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    So many modern "Inspirations" for spin offs:p

A Shmi film would suffice. It's needed.

MandoA101 and GregMcP like this.
  21. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Darth Bane. Those were the only EU books I read and I would love to see a Sith centric film.

I'd also love to see Vader just after ROTS but I don't ever think it will happen.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  22. sheri1967

sheri1967 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2006
    1. Old Republic
    2. Vader
    3. Sidious and Plagueis

23. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    With an aged, metal-limbed Mace Windu, now spending his days as a bitter and resentful criminal...

"What system are you from?"
    "What?"
    "What ain't no system I ever heard of. They speak English on What?"

24. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    - Horror-action film in the vein of Predator set on some uncharted planet, involving some creature with dark side powers. Or maybe the planet itself is sentient and fighting back against any human/alien visitors. It could even veer into some trippier territory a la Tarkovsky's Stalker. I'm thinking Duncan Jones or Alex Garland would be good choices for this.

- Buddy-comedy in the vein of Rush Hour or Lethal Weapon. A pair of mismatched bounty hunters team up to capture a ruthless crime lord. Lots of quippy banter, over-the-top side characters, big action set pieces. I'm thinking Shane Black or James Gunn.

- Origin story of the Prime Jedi. Rian's trilogy might cover this, but either way I want to see a tale set in the ancient, ancient past. In fact, one reason I initially hated Snoke's sudden death was that I loved the fan theory that he was the Prime Jedi -- a perfect villain for the Last Jedi (whether Luke and/or Rey). If not Rian, I can see Patty Jenkins doing this. I really liked the Themyscira scenes in WW -- she can handle the fantasy/mythological elements of SW.

- Animated droid film in the vein of WALL-E. Little to no dialogue. Lots of physical comedy in the style of Chaplin/Keaton/Lloyd. Maybe BB-8 or R2 gets stranded on some techno-wasteland for discarded droids and have to get home. Keep it short and sweet (80-90 minutes with credits). I doubt Andrew Stanton will want to repeat himself, so maybe Pete Docter or Jennifer Lee.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    Voltron64 likes this.
  25. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Free Fathier - A Star Wars Story
    Written and directed by Rian Johnson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.