main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ***OFFICIAL*** Comics Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, Aug 1, 2007.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think the comic post above says it was Prime Earth or something (not to be confused with Earth Prime from DC!) Anyway, yeah, I'm not a fan of the new Marvel universe name, whatever it is, either. 616 4 life, yo!

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    That's because it ties Marvel to DC and only started out as a joke between writers.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    This week:

Thanos 15 sold out but he'll get more.
    Phoenix Resurrection 4
    Wonder Woman 39
    Action Comics 996..just for away from 1000
    Avengers No Surrender 3, issue 667
    The Hellblazer 18
    Doomsday Clock 3. I asked the comic store dude if he has been enjoying this and he said he was so pissed with issue 3 he almost threw it out. "I can't wait to read this," is said. But I am waiting for bed time.

4. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I am excited to read Doomsday Clock. In trade paperback. Since they'd probably first collect it in expensive hardcover initially, and with a gap month already on the schedule after issue #3, I would assume that'll be in, like, mid 2019

5. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Not sure why dude wanted to throw the issue away. It's really fast though, feels like less pages in a comic.

I can't tell if Mime has invisible weapons or he has a super power.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  6. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
  7. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I think because
    Bruce locked up Rorschach, but that's because of Dr. Manhattan's influence like last time in "The Button". That or he was pissed that it is the Comedian and not someone else.

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I can't say I have been following the Thanos comic but from what I have seen do I dislike the use of characters from the current era in the far-future era. If we visit far-future Thanos in his far-future era, we should not have people from the current era appear living together with him - unless they are among Cosmic Power people or immortals. Neither which
    Hulk or Frank Castle
    is, if they had to use a
    Hulk
    could they not have used the 2099 design?

B.t.w. do we know who the Iron-Woman in the bellow i¨pic is?

9. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Wouldn't the Iron Woman be Riri, Iron Heart? Or Pepper's Rescue?

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I don't know, it's a an Ultimate Universe that has not gone to the deep end. But he calls somebody (I have hard to see who) Riri, and that could be the "Iron-Woman", and in that case it's probably Ultimate Iron Heart we are dealing with.

11. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I know that in the past
    the Hulk has been shown living a long time before. It is possible that could hold true here.

12. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    No, he had that mannerism of a Star Wars fan who does not like the current crop of SW films because they are not what he considers correct SW.

13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Oh is the Infinity War prelude going to be original MCU content? I got annoyed with the MCU "prelude" comics when they just kept being 2 issue adaptations of the films.

Fury's Big Week before Avengers came out is still my favourite of those and only randomly jumped in since then.

15. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Well this issue 1 prelude certainly is original content.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    LOL..the preview to next week's Tales of Suspense 101 really isn't a spoiler about the core story.

Is it me or is there a lot of Hawkeye comics lately? Perhaps that means something for Infinity War? (I'd actually like Jeremy Renner to get more screentime as Hawkeye and less the domestic business from AAoU. Hope I won't have to wait for Avengers 4.5 for more Renner and Stan (it's ridiculous that it takes several movies for these guys to get more than extended cameo screentime.))

17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  18. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Am I seeing things or are there Rulons from DinoRiders on this G.I.JOE cover? =P~

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    This week:

Jean Grey 11
    All New Wolverine 30
    Phoenix Resurrection 5
    The Invincible Iron Man 596
    Tales of Suspense 101 Hawkeye and Winter Soldier
    Avengers 678
    Thanos 15 which was sold out last time
    Annual Thanos
    Dc Comics "New Age of Superheroes" The Silencer 1
    Doctor Strange 384 which was also sold out last time.
    Free preview "Return Of Wolverine" on the cover.

21. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Waiting impatiently for Tales of Suspense 101 (So glad I won't have to wait for Tales of Suspense after this month's 102 (going digital after that.))

22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    So Scarlet Spider comic is interesting because it's acknowledging what everyone was complaining about - Ben Riley should not be a villain. And he distinctly started the comic off crazypants, and he kind of still is and is embittered and dark, but the literal plot of the comic is that Ben Riley has to be a good person, or else he will die forever and not come back and lose his soul to Death. So he's actively trying to be a hero to save himself (and others). But he still screws up so while his face was healed from being good, now it's starting to scar up again if he does bad deeds.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  24. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Vulture (NYMag)'s excellent interview with writer Dan Slott about his 10 year run on Spider-Man. I look forward to his next venture at Marvel (sounds like he'll have an excellent grasp on this character too.)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    Sith_Sensei__Prime and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  25. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Excellent Italian Interview with Marco Checchetto... (Reading in Chrome should make the Google translate option appear in the Browser.) He covers a lot of ground: Punisher, Star Wars, Old Man Hawkeye, characters he'd like to draw etc. I was surprised he actually mentioned characters he does not like, but I suppose if you've been in the industry for over a decade you can get away with that. My attempts to emulate his line style have been a lot of fun, so I am glad to learn a bit more about him.

BigAl6ft6 and Juliet316 like this.