main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Things you want to see in Solo: A Star Wars Story

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , Jul 22, 2016.

1. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    They added some set dressing/CGI to Canary Wharf tube/subway station, for it's use as a Rogue One set; and it worked brilliantly. I'm sure they will do the same with Fawley Power Station, with good effect, if they are indeed using it. :)

2. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    From the article I get the impression that the location might have been chosen for its docks. Potentially the crew could shoot facing away from the building, and we might never see it at all.
    If Fawley does make it into the GFFA though, i'm sure it will look suitably star-warsy once its been CGI'd up by ILM. Not that I have anything against location shooting, but I'm not sure i'm quite ready to see such an unapologetic example of 1970s British engineering in space just yet.:p
    [​IMG]

Sarge and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  3. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    Would love to see a shot of Han in the middle of carrying out modifications on the Falcon where he’s got the top back section cut away just like the Kenner Millennium Falcon playset

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  4. DL44Jo

DL44Jo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 7, 2014
    I'm not sure if this has been suggested in here yet - I've read most but not all of the posts.

I really hope they start the film off with Harrison Ford as old Han before he dies and Chewie talking to a couple people at a table in a cantina on some remote planet somewhere about their crazy past times and then the movie goes into the story back in time with Alden as young Han and the rest of the new gang. It would be an easy opportunity to have the original Han in a movie that's about him and may be the last chance to have Ford in any Star Wars movie again. Would be a great opportunity I hope they don't miss. They could even go back to them telling the story in the cantina at some point maybe showing Chewie barking something at Han disagreeing with a part of Han's version of the story and then he gives a typical Han response to that. Would love this.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    Marathonjedi77 and TadoFett like this.
  5. MisterJedi2002

MisterJedi2002 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2017
    Han, Chewie, Lando, Jabba, Boba Fett, Cantina, Falcon. I guess that's just it.

6. entourage

entourage Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    I'd like to see Han pull a move a la Indiana Jones vs swordsman. :) Actually that was my wish for TFA. Would have been a cool move against that FN-2199 guy.

Giovs likes this.
  7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Corellian System. The history, the planets, the species, the cities, etc.

dekaneas and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  8. MoffJacob

MoffJacob Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 25, 2015
    Pretty much the most predictable moments that I guess everyone expects
    -Jabba cameo
    -Lando and Han meet
    -Han gets the Falcon
    -Boba Fett is one of the villians
    -Han meets Chewie and saves him from the Empire

DL44Jo, TadoFett and themoth like this.
  9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I wouldn't mind seeing how Han won the Falcon from Lando...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    themoth, TadoFett and Mostly Handless like this.
  10. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    It's going to be in the movie. They've already let that slip. I believe that was one of the reasons we saw the dice prominently in TLJ.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  11. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I wonder if Han will cheat his way to winning the Falcon? I pretty much expect it to be so. "You lost her to me fair and square". Yeah right.

12. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Why couldn't Han have won the Falcon fair and square? Just because he is a scoundrel, doesn't mean he can't gamble legitimately. Personally, I hope they don't have Han cheat, to win the Falcon. It would just taint Han Solo's Character. It should be enough for the Lando fans, that he ever owned the Falcon at all. I wouldn't be surprised though, if Kasdan (who came up with the idea that Lando owned the Millenium Falcon before Han Solo) wrote that into the movie; just to over emphasize that Han was a bad boy.

Some fans take the lines from Han in TESB: "I'm sure he has forgotten all about that", and from Lando in TESB: "You've got a lot of guts coming back, after what you pulled", as referring to Han cheating to win the Falcon. I disagree. Why would Han Solo look Lando right in the face, and say he "won her fair and square", with so much conviction; especially after his nervous response to Leia "I am sure he forgot all about that" (referring to Lando). Even Lando's response to Han's statement,"I won her fair and square", was just to smile, like he was joking.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  13. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I think he probably will. It wouldn't taint his character either. Han screws people over (owes money) and gets through life by doing what's necessary.
    Agreed.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  14. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Not only do I think Han should cheat, but I think Lando should cheat as well. It's completely in keeping with both characters for them to do that, and taints neither. So technically, Han did win the ship "fair and square," if the game takes a 'anything goes as long as you don't get caught' route.

Avnar, Krueger and themoth like this.
  15. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    I would like to see some fancy flying from Han, to put him back up there as the best pilot in the Galaxy.
    A Sabbac game, but done in a way that's not boring ou confusing, and Han using the dices from the Millenniun Facon.
    Chewie doing something physical and showing his Wookiee Strength!

DL44Jo and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  16. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    I want to see Han attempt to shoot a stormtrooper without looking (like the scene in TFA) but miss by a mile.

Then in a couple years I want Solo: A Star Wars Story Special Edition, where after his miss we get an extra line added where he wistfully says “Oh well, maybe one day...”

THEN I want a The Force Awakens: Special Edition where after old Han makes that shot we get a closeup on his face. We hear that line, “Oh well, maybe one day...” echoing from the past. The camera cuts to the stormtrooper lying motionless, lingers a moment, cuts back to Han, extreme closeup: A single tear runs down his face. The circle is now complete.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    GregMcP likes this.
  17. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    If we are seeing some Kid Solo at the start, then just a bit of Clone Trooper armor. A little reference to what came before.

I will always push for any moment that helps glue the Older with the Newer.
    Within the movies, the Galaxy just changes abruptly, and I think it would help viewers who aren't reading novels.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    DL44Jo likes this.
  18. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I'm not ashamed to say I'm really looking forward to another film being set in the era just before the original. I'm happy to see that era on the screen again and any of the imagery and characters that are associated with it. I'd really like to see something similar to RO in terms of planets under oppression and the might of the Empire is everywhere as people like Han and other shady characters are trying to go about their (shady) business. Just take my money Disney.

Chancellor Yoda and Avnar like this.
  19. lucbro1138

lucbro1138 Jedi Padawan

Aug 8, 2017
    id like to see some adversary he nearly swiddles say "you lost today kid, but that doesnt mean you gotta like it" (like Indy 3) and then the same person just before leaving the room turning around and sayng "oh and kid..always shoot 1st"

RokurGepta likes this.
  20. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    The first segment is about 10 years after ROTS and the second about 5 years later so we are led to believe. We may see some transition armour but the Lego Mimban Stormtrooper seems to have camouflaged OT style armour. Then there's the troopers in the Imperial Patrol Battle Pack with slightly different OT armour and possibly the 'Range Trooper' (if that is from Solo).

There seem to be a lot of droids in the Kessel Mines, would be fun to see the T.F. Droids 'roger, rogering' again there.

21. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Han putting on a vest and smiling...will that be the best moment or the worst? Spoiler alert! It'll be the worst.

22. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    Worse than the entire scene explaining that the red stripes on his pants aren’t just sci-fi fashion but rather a very important cultural signifier from his planet of origin?

23. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Where's this from?

24. Darth Durge

Darth Durge Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2018
    A trailer. :p

DL44Jo and Krueger like this.
  25. Qui-Gon Keith

Qui-Gon Keith Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2015
    A mere mention of the name "Obi-Wan Kenobi".