main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Prequel fans - Would you be open to Special Editions of the PT...?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Avnar, Jan 4, 2018.

1. KamenSentaiMetalHero

KamenSentaiMetalHero Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    I would like most of the deleted scenes be reinserted into the films, especially the latter two prequels.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Going all lord of the rings on us.

3. AussieViking

AussieViking Jedi Padawan

May 28, 2017
    Yes As much as I love them now A version with the Finished deleted scenes in them would make them so much better for many fans. I mean disney considers a lot of the deleted scenes Canon so why not give us a view able version of them?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  4. CaptainEO

CaptainEO Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    One thing I would add is a battle to show the fall of Naboo to the trade federation. The way it is now, the Federation just comes in with their droids and tanks, but no shots are fired.

Put the scenes with Padme's family back in AOTC. With those scenes, the romance works. Without them, it's clunky.

ROTS is perfect the way it is :D

5. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Not if current Kennedyfilm leadership and lack of creative talent is doing them. If George Lucas wants to fix up some stuff, I think that could be fine.
    Especially if he adds the deleted scenes back in.

Mark Pierre likes this.
  6. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    I'd buy an extended cut of ROTS for sure.

wobbits and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  7. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I think, if anything, i'd take some scenes out of the prequels and replace them with deleted scenes, like Anakin visiting Padme's parents and the Bail/Mon Mothma/Padme meeting. I feel like just straight adding them would make the movies feel even more bloated, while swapping and trimming the movie would make the whole package flow a lot better.

8. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    It would depend on their content.

9. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    I respectfully disagree.
    It wouldn't be right to remove scenes from the movies, imo.

Ridley Scott's Director's Cut of Alien doesn't hold up to the original, imo, as he removed and then added scenes. It's jarring.

My preference is adding material, not removing lol.

10. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    But if it makes the movie better, then what's the issue?

11. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    As mentioned, rather than improving, it detracts. For me.

12. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    It doesn't tho.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  13. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    And this is why the creator/author of the movie should decide what he wants to include in/exclude from the movie. Giving fans endless possibilities of viewing a movie ("do your own cut, select the scenes you want to include...") is againts what filmmaking is as an art (and don't forget Lucas is an editor at heart. Taking material and shaping it in a particular way to present to the audience is what he likes about filmmaking!).

Alexrd and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  14. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    The Director's Cut of Alien is really a misnomer. Scott was asked by the studio to give them a different cut so they could market it as a "Director's Cut", but Scott really just considers it an alternate cut and prefers the original theatrical version.

15. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    @oierem
    I'm fine with all the various versions of films, like Spielberg's Close Encounters for example. What's great about that one is that SS released a blu ray with all three versions on one disk. That is the right and very generous approach for the fans, imo.

@The_Phantom_Calamari
    Right. I'm familiar with RS's comments as I've watch the Alien Anthology blu ray box set several times. Including all the special features.

16. Darth Weavile

Darth Weavile Jedi Master star 3

Oct 10, 2017
    Agreeing with what a lot of people have stated, I think having Padme's house scenes in AOTC and the Padme rebellion scenes in ROTS would really be a great addition to the film. As well as having the deleted probe droid scene from TPM.

17. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    I’d be down with Sam Witwer dubbing Maul’s dialogue in TPM, but aside from that, I don’t really know what would need to be changed, in a “special edition” sense. And even then, that’s not something that needs to be done, just something I think would be neat.

DBPirate likes this.
  18. Qui-Gon Keith

Qui-Gon Keith Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2015
    Yeah, definitely. And please include the Qui-Gon talks to Yoda scene in ROTS. I'll be happy.

Mindless Monster likes this.
  19. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    One thing I’d like to see added to RotS is a mention of Ahsoka. That’d be amazing.

20. The_Phantom_Calamari

Nov 10, 2011
    The probe droid scene is the only thing I've seen posted so far that would actually make sense to add back in. I really wonder why Lucas cut it out.

Avnar likes this.
  21. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    Because after the emotional climax of the goodbye between Anakin and his mother (and after a relatively long sequence of quiet intimate scenes) the movie needed to get back into speed, jumping inmediately to the attack of Maul. Yet ANOTHER goodbye scene is totally unnecessary.

22. The_Phantom_Calamari

Nov 10, 2011
    Oh, that's a good point. I'd forgotten that it starts with the goodbye to Jira.

I just wonder why George couldn't have just skipped that part and started at 27 seconds:

DBPirate, ss640 and Darth Weavile like this.
  23. Darth Weavile

Darth Weavile Jedi Master star 3

Oct 10, 2017
    Although the part where Jira calls him "the kindest boy in the galaxy" with us knowing what he'll become is a great moment.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    wobbits and Mark Pierre like this.
  24. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    The only edit that I think could possibly be justifiable to put in is the Yoda and Qui-Gon scenes in ROTS and with the technology of CGI today, it’s so easy to flesh it out.

G-FETT and heels1785 like this.
  25. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    ^ I'd love to see this done while Frank Oz is still kicking.

That'd be the only change I can think of, as well.

{Quantum/MIDI} likes this.