main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Thirded.

I really think there would be a riot if they don't hire him to be Obi-Wan. It's kind of sweet, he may had some issues with the scripts/way George worked but he has always clearly adored playing Obi-Wan Kenobi. He's just so perfect in the role.

Master_Lok likes this.
  2. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    There would totally be a riot. Disney would probably get more hate mail than NBC when the original series of Star Trek was cancelled. Probably more than FOX when they cancelled Firefly.

3. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    If Ewan doesn't get hired for the role Obi-Wan, I can swear to every single God there are in this world that I would personelly lead a protest, that for darn sure! [face_devil][face_devil][face_devil] He's the only actor I recognise as Obi-Wan beside Sir Alec. :obiwan::obiwan::ben::ben:

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    ...and I would be the first to sign the protest. There simply aren't any other Obi-Wans than those two.

Jedi Master Kenobiwan likes this.
  5. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Gimme that protest note. LOL We can start right now and help push things in the right direction, right? :p:D

6. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Good plan. "We have foreseen it" [face_idea]

7. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Let's start a thread for it!

8. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
  9. Gembo

Gembo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2017
    I think it would be ridiculous to cast someone else in the role, considering Ewan McGregor is Obi-Wan Kenobi in everyone's mind, and he's a perfect age.

P.S. I'm surprised I've only just found this thread. Hey, Kenobi fans!

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Duh. As essential as having Mark Hamil as Luke. Fingernails on chalkboard to have anyone else. :p

11. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Hey Gembo and welcome to one of the best Obi fanclub in da world! :D

It can get very quiet here sometimes, so do be aware of that! :obiwan:

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. Qui-Gon Keith

Qui-Gon Keith Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2015
    Hey there, Kenobi fanatics! The only SW film I'm waiting for now is the "Kenobi" film. I don't know why is LFL dragging their heels on this. I mean, we have nothing on the slate in 2020. Perfect slot for "Kenobi". But so long as the filmmaker takes his/her time to do the film, I guess it's all worth it. Been waiting for a "Kenobi" film since ROTS ended in 2005. And I also remember ROTS being billed as the final Star Wars film. Boy, those were the days...

naw ibo and Nanuk like this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Do you guys really believe that him growing a beard means anything? It is much to early.

14. Qui-Gon Keith

Oct 5, 2015
    Let us have some fun. We are seriously lacking in "Kenobi" news. So we will make do with Ewan's lovely beard for now. ;)

teamhansolo likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    You have fun with his best then. :p

16. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Clearly, people, the beard is meant as a statement to The Powers That Be.

I wonder what would happen if people started posting pics of themselves with Obi-Wan's beard Photoshop on their faces. #Beard Me #Go Beard Or Go Home #The Beard Abides

What do y'all think? Could we make this thing happen with Meme Power?

Let me hear what y'all think. Or just totally ignore that because it's way too late here, and tired brains barf craziness.

teamhansolo and naw ibo like this.
  17. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    • Nope, the realistic me states that the poor man must be allowed to grow a beard without a lot of maniacs (= us and media people) creating speculations about it. [face_thinking]
    • The imaginative me concludes that if this is his "Obi-Wan beard" for the "Kenobi" film we may have an Obi-Wan that can easily be confused with Santa Claus before the film is in the making, soooooo of course the beard means that they're going to use him in some kind of flashback scene in Episode IX or even in "Solo" O:).
    • The hopeful me is crossing fingers and hoping that they're already casting for "Kenobi" without the media knowing it [face_praying]
    Only time will show which one of the "me's" is winning my internal battle.

naw ibo and Nanuk like this.
  18. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    And, truly, a year of pre-production, a year of filming, a year of post-production ... if they want to give us a Kenobi film in 2020, they seriously do have to hurry. ;)

19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Maybe his new girlfriend just likes beards? :p

ThisIsMe1138 likes this.
  20. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    If so, she's got good taste. [face_batting]

teamhansolo and naw ibo like this.
  21. Qui-Gon Keith

Oct 5, 2015
    Well, just rewatched the Mandalore Plot arc in season 2 of Clone Wars again. Damn, it's still so good. Satine & Obi-Wan forever. =)

ThisIsMe1138 likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    then you watch Lawless and get sad. Damn You, Darth Maul!

23. Qui-Gon Keith

Oct 5, 2015
    Maul should have just stay dead. Glad he finally bit the dust in Twin Suns. That was one badass move from Obi.

naw ibo likes this.
  24. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    That was powerful. Not only was it the sound minimalist strategy of a true master but it shows how deeply his master's death was ingrained on him. He remembered exactly how Qui Gon was killed and he used that to bait Maul.

One of my least favorite things in the Clone Wars was the resurrection of Maul, that was just dumb IMO.

If they, please god, make an Obi-Wan movie, please god with Ewan McGregor, that is definitely something they should NOT use in it IMO, resurrected Maul.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    Nanuk and CaraJinn like this.
  25. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Agree, in all statements above. The resurrected Maul was a...wait...what...moment. If you're cut in two, you're dead - even if you're a sith apprentice.