main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Things you want to see in Solo: A Star Wars Story

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , Jul 22, 2016.

1. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    How/why would that fit into a movie about Han Solo’s early years?

2. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Hello, I come from the future to ask you to drop all your headcanon and things you want to see in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

Just take what it gives you, and enjoy.

I just made your life much happier. Now I must go back to the future.

3. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Have Chewie talk to an old man in robes merely shrugging when Han asks him telling him he's a friend of a friend.

4. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Han & Chewie go on a treasure hunt, but all they dig up is an old fossil. :D

5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Old Marvel Comics Star Wars #81. The one where Boba Fett was burped out of the sarlacc. Classic comic, in a series that could and should have been handled by someone who really cared about writing for it.

First thing I thought of when I was watching TLJ for the first time. It was retconned back then when it was revealed in a Star Wars Role Playing game supplement that Han had won the Falcon in a sabacc match against Lando, which is supposed to be a card game and not rolling dice. Whatever. It was just another reason that the old EU was too contradictory and had to go. I'm guessing RJ liked the dice backstory better than the sabacc?

Giovs likes this.
  6. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Apparently he won it in a game of "Corellian Spike," a variant of Sabacc that used dice. Regardless, the dice allow for a tangible connection to Han Solo's memory, they're visually evocative, and nostalgically they were there in the beginning (even if they were barely noticeable).
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Corellian_Spike

7. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    I want to see a movie without at retconned Falcon.
    I'm still hoping that toy is just a marketing ploy and not what the Falcon looks like in the movie.
    And I don't want to hear any nonsense about Han making a bunch of modifications himself.

Aside from Vader, the Falcon is my favorite thing about Star Wars.
    If see a hint of that silly "Falcon" in a trailer or commercial...I'm out.
    That would be like having someone other than JEJ do the voice of Vader in a movie....just wrong.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
  9. Merrick Simms

Merrick Simms Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 4, 2016
    To be honest, I think there is less retconning of the MF than most people are assuming. I believe the filled in area between the front mandibles is actually a detachable cargo module that can be "jettisoned at the first sign of an imperial cruiser" rather than a major structural redesign of the hull. And the colour scheme is just a lick of paint. Even the dish is asumedly adjustable , and we know that it had been changed from the original. The changes are just enough to keep the merchandising people happy.

Trikuza23, DL44Jo and themoth like this.
  10. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Nvm, not worth it.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    Trikuza23 likes this.
  11. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    The spiders on Kessel.

12. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I'm sure we will see Han somehow burn the paint off and get the dish stuck in the 'up' position. What is even more concerning is the fact that Han did not once, during his entire ownership, clean inside the ship.

13. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    It's the reason why his relationship failed.

[​IMG]

Lt. Hija likes this.
  14. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    My biggest hopes for this film are that it's a good fun adventure film, the characters are true to their original portrayals (or at the very least very close) and that the aesthetic of the film fits right alongside RO and the OT!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  15. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Hayden voiced Darth Vader in ROTS. Did you have a problem with that?

wobbits likes this.
  16. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I think you know what he means... :cool:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  17. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Han made a bunch of modifications, himself.

wobbits and Darth Smurf like this.
  18. Revan51

Revan51 Jedi Knight

Nov 28, 2014
    I want a scene where they are doing the Kessel run. Every so often the camera cuts to the Falcon's odometer. (Itself pulled from a 1980s Ford Crown Victoria). Lando promises that if he can pull the run off in less than 12 parsecs, the ship is his. Otherwise he get's all the profits. The route is littered with asteroids and Han is doing some fine piloting. He skims close to one rock, says "That was too close!" and the odo shows 3 parsecs. For each twist and turn the odo keeps climbing. The overall goal is to deliver contraband, and they are being chased by TIE fighters based off a Star Destroyer. Lando's firing away on the turret gun. He blows up a TIE and the odo flashes to show 10. Lando yells " If I were a gambling man I'd put odds on me walking away with a pile of credits!" Han fly's through a gap. "NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS" ,and the falcon scrapes on the walls, knocking off that stupid cargo container on the front of the ship. The TIES crash trying to do the same. When emerging from the other side, he finishes the run. In doing so, he shaves it down to 11.9 parsecs.

Lando then hands him the keys, which have the dice and a rabbit's foot. "Well, you won her fair and square!"

19. smudger9

May 29, 2007
    Not just modifications, special modifications! ;-)

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  20. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Spin it any way you want, that retconned Falcon is awful in the extreme.
    Will the real Falcon please fly by... :falcon: ...oh, there it is.
    Now, let's see the "Kessel Run" version... [face_pig]

21. MadBoomBoom

MadBoomBoom Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2017
    I hope we get to see Han Solo flying a different ship before he upgrades to the Falcon.

22. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I'm sure we will, considering the Falcon will belong to Lando at first.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  23. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    It's not retconned.

Trikuza23, themoth and wobbits like this.
  24. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    A sequence where Boba Fett gets to strut his stuff. We haven't had anything flashy in the films yet. Imagine a scene ripped straight out of the Battlefront games.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  25. smudger9

May 29, 2007
    Yeah, he clearly doesn’t know what retconned means. By his definition the entire PT is a retcon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk