main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    Vader
    Thrawn
    Maul
    Ahsoka

What would Rebels be like without their presence?

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Ahsoka, Maul, and Vader have had at most maybe a grand total of 15 to 20 minutes of screentime throughout the series. Thrawn will get more because he's actually part of the current story.

TadoFett and MandoArtist like this.
  3. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Like season 1?

There's been a lot of episodes where none of those characters even had a role.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Yeah but obviously all those episodes were garbage amirite?

revan772 and MandoArtist like this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    What do you all think it will be like having Wolfe and Gregor in the Rebellion? I will be interested to see how they are recruited and how they act.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  6. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    Darth Dnej and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Ah good, he brought tissues. How considerate.

Bardan_Jusik and Darth Dnej like this.
  8. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Yes you're right about the screen time, the point though is what they did on screen, which was infinitely more interesting and less forgettable than what the GC have been doing.

TBH the show had some great potential on story issues for the characters. They either never followed through on them or did so in the worst way possible.

Classics being Kanan and his issues with the Clones or Ezra and his temptation/darkness friendship with Maul or Sabine and the issues raised in Trials of the Darksaber which were then ended in the cheesiest way possible.

I think the great tragedy of Rebels as a show was that there was potential there but they went the quick easy path instead.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I think the delicacy of how close the series is to the events of the OT probably played a factor in how it's been presented. It was bad enough that TCW had been put under a microscope throughout its airing because of potential continuity issues OMG ANAKIN SKYWALKER HAS A PADAWAN!!!!!; but Rebels is under an even more powerful microscope. These events take place what, a couple of years before Yoda tells Luke "the last of the Jedi you will be"? Not to mention the Mandalorians are playing a big role, and outside of Boba's helmet, do we know of any Mandalorians hanging around the OT and especially ST era Galaxies? I think it's these factors that would attract even those who don't care to watch Rebels just to see the fate of them all.

TadoFett and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  10. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  11. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016
    The idea that Filoni's ideas or Rebels would be forgotten five minutes after it airs is bizarre to me. People complain when things aren't tied together, then complain that when it *does* tie into everything else (see also; guest characters) that surely it must be because the show and characters are somehow not good enough.

Filoni was promoted to head of all LFL animation and anyone paying attention would notice that a *lot* of things in TLJ originally came from TCW and Rebels. The guy was there during filming doing storyboarding for Rebels. Hell, he designed some of stuff Luke had (the compass, if I recall). Rebels and TCW were excellent, and Filoni is a major influence on SW overall mythos whether folks want to admit it or not.

But hey, vocal minority and echo chambers, right?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    While I agree with most of the things you say, I'm not sure what you meant by this phrase. Perhaps there were some Easter Egg references in TLJ that those familiar with the tv series could appreciate, but I don't remember things out in the open that were so identifiable.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    There is only one thing that came straight from TCW and landed in TLJ and that is the siren of the police cruiser.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  14. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    This too:

MrDarth0 and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Again, these all fall into the "Easter Eggs" category. It's like the "Syndulla" mention in R1 or the don't-blink-or-you'll-miss-them appearances of Chopper and the Ghost.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Huh, I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

17. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I wonder how long Filoni actually draws those for.

19. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016
    Filoni was asked to sketch Luke's compass. A force user surviving exposure to face and coming back comes from TCW (Plo Koon) and Rebels (Kanan). A Force ghost directly influencing the physical world (Yoda being lifted by Qui-Gon, season 6 TCW) There's more, but those are the ones I remember off-hand.

If you follow Pablo Hidalgo and the other storygroup members on twitter you'll see all kinds of tidbits that originate in these shows that they point out. The real point, is that Filoni is a major influence in Star Wars whether people want to admit it or not.

20. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Filoni was the one who worked closest to George on his last project, so Filoni knows well how George's mind works. Some people like to rag on the later episodes of TCW and now Rebels as one big Filoni fan fiction, but the reality is it's the closest thing we have to a series of anthology films directed by Lucas himself.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I will be interested to see if Filoni expands on any of the Mortis stuff. On the other hand he could try to just have Ezra experience similar things we already saw in TCW.

22. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I wonder how much time Mortis can actually take up since I think there’s only six episodes left. Hopefully it’s not some sort of throwaway Easter egg thing.

There are a few aspects of Rebels I’m not a huge fan of but I think out of all things in the Disney canon, it’s done the best job of expanding the universe. I’m really interested in seeing more of the mystical side of the Force in these last few episodes — that’s been something Filoni has been consistently great at.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Your "throwaway Easter egg thing" (from the mid-season trailer)
    [​IMG]

:p

24. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Looks cool but for all we know they could’ve just stumbled upon this in some sort of temple (or the Loth-wolves led them to it). Hope I’m wrong.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Most likely the Mortis stuff will only appear in the last episode.