main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I guess I'll see if I could get the comics for cheap in the local stores; at least the ones with Ahsoka in them.

2. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I think they will be mostly new with maybe 1 or 2 episodes from the comics.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am interested in the Padme shorts and I hope they do more. Padme does not have enough stories.

4. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Padme needs more solo stories or to be paired with another character. All of her appearances so far has been with Ahsoka, not that I hate Ahsoka or anything but I would like stories where Padme is more in charge like a senate episode with her fellow (female) senators maybe?

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    There is a rumor she might get a young adult novel later this year.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Getting back to Ahsoka discussion, I just rewatched the first two episodes of the "Fugitive" arc of Season 5. For the first time I noticed that in "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much", Anakin clearly tells her that "Revenge is never the Jedi way"; which is pretty much what Vader tells her in the Twilight episode of Rebels.

7. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Do you think Ahsoka became the new Daughter rather than dying?
    She did heal Ahsoka so it doesn't stretch much if she merged instead of dying so rather than dying Ahsoka is that bird Ezra meets in the latest trailer!

Is that possible though?

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    We'll see. There's been much debate about it here in the forums. Many have already come to the conclusion that the green and white convor you see is in fact the Daughter herself.

----------------------

I had just watched a video on cancelled but proposed episodes of TCW, and there was one I had no idea was among the storyboards but was taken aback at what might have been. Young Ahsoka? Jeez. Icing, meet your cake. I'd have been in Seventh Heaven to see that episode.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    MrDarth0 and Darkslayer like this.
  9. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I don't think the bird in the trailer is Ahsoka because we already saw it in season 2 and it was before her fight against Vader. I think Filoni also said the owl was an avatar of a character we saw in TCW so people think she's the Daughter or at least connected to her and based on the trailer, I don't think they're that far off.

revan772 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  10. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    It wasn't really a cancelled story from TCW, it was just Dave exploring how they found Ahsoka, and he built a basic story around it and drew some sketches. This already got in the show in a way through the flashback intro in "the Gathering" which you have in the screencaps. It wasn't a fully written script for a story arc like the others. Dave and Pablo discussed this at the last Celebration panel about Ahsoka, and share the other ideas about that concept if you're interested in viewing. If Dave wanted to he could flesh this story out later but I'd prefer we get the three missing story arcs from TCW that were actually fully developed and written.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Still would've been cool to see even a single episode devoted to Ahsoka's backstory.

Darkslayer likes this.
  12. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yeah you have a point, it would be nice to see this beginning bookend of the story of her life, especially since it seems we'll get the ending bookend in Rebels. But if we are to believe Dave would like to see these Ahsoka stories told in some way, and if they're not going to make them into episodes, it may end up just being a book of his artwork. Maybe he could put that art alongside the stories in written form. They could include this story of the finding of Ahsoka too.

Mind you, i'd love to see these in animated form but i'm not sure if that will ever happen.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well I'd certainly like to see the full story told through some kind of venue; as opposed to some hints and references in other unrelated projects.

14. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    http://www.starwars.com/news/explor...-idw-star-wars-forces-of-destiny-ahsoka-padme

StarWars.com: The comic begins just before the animated short “The Imposter Inside,” with some lightsaber sparring between Ahsoka and Barriss Offee. As you were expanding on the short, what made you decide to reintroduce this particular Jedi Padawan into the mix?

Beth Revis: I’ve always loved Ahsoka’s arc in the Clone Wars cartoon, and in particular felt that her final interactions with Barriss were really crucial to her character. We see a bit of their friendship, but the focus of the story is obviously how that friendship ended. Barriss and Ahsoka both had very different but equally passionate ideas about what it meant to be a true Jedi. They forged a friendship in spite of those differing perspectives, but they both obviously found some sort of common ground. That’s what I found fascinating — their magnetic-like attraction and repelling of their principles.

StarWars.com: Valentina, of the five comics in this series, your style on this issue adheres the closest to what the crew at Ghostbot, Inc. did for Forces of Destiny, the animated micro-series. What made you decide to maintain that stylization for your comic?

Valentina Pinto: Working for the most part as a colorist, I became versatile both for the design and for the color. [In talking] with Denton [Tipton], one of the fantastic editors of this series, we thought it would be great that a number of this series had the same style as the shorts of animation from which they were inspired…It was really fun for me [working] with color; I thought I was working on a cartoon!

StarWars.com: Beth, you’re no stranger to the Star Wars universe, having previously penned Rebel Rising, following the life of Jyn Erso between her adoption by Saw and her appearance as a prisoner in Rogue One. What’s the biggest challenge in writing a comic book versus a full novel?

Beth Revis: I’m very used to writing narrative where I have to describe everything and often find a poetic way to express what’s happening visually with words. It was both challenging and a lot of fun to let go of that. I tried to leave a lot of room for Valentina to put her own signature in the work, and I tried to only give detailed descriptions when I felt it was necessary to the plot. It was freeing in a way, but it took a concentrated effort to not try to control every aspect of the story!

StarWars.com: For a series that dedicates the spotlight to individual characters, it also does a tremendous job of showcasing teamwork both in-universe and behind the scenes. What advice would you give someone about collaborating on a narrative that includes ideas from two creators in the finished work?

Valentina Pinto: To work in a team is to create an alchemy and a collaboration. I must say that we found ourselves right away and it was really stimulating for me! It is an experience that I recommend to everyone in their professional life.

Beth Revis: One of the things I’ve learned from writing for Star Wars is that it belongs to everyone. Prior to contributing to the canon, I felt a deep ownership of these characters. They meant so much to me growing up, that I just wanted to clutch them to me. But once I started working with other creators to develop more stories for Star Wars, I realized that these characters and stories belong to everyone. They are an almost universal love within our human culture, and one of the few stories that translates throughout the world. Because of that, I have actually found it really easy to let go of “owning” the characters. Padmé and Ahsoka and Leia and Hera and Rey and all the others are important to me, but not less important to anyone else. It’s incredibly easy to find a way to tell a story about them, because they are such clearly defined characters that almost everyone can identify with. There’s very little compromise because it’s not needed. The characters almost write themselves, as if they were real people.

StarWars.com: Did you have any input on what characters you would focus on?

Beth Revis: This was the first story I was offered, and I jumped on it! I’ve always loved Ahsoka for her courage at the end of her original story, to choose her own path. And Padmé has long been a favorite — although I particularly loved the action she took in The Clone Wars. She was never afraid of danger, but she always moved with grace. There’s something stunning about a person who can do that.

StarWars.com: The whole Forces of Destiny animated series has focused on small moments and decisions as essential building blocks of a person’s character. Ahsoka is wrestling with some serious self doubt here, great foreshadowing for things to come in The Clone Wars. Why do you think it’s important to include those moments of reflection and uncertainty for your characters?

Beth Revis: Adding in those moments of doubt make the characters more human (even if they’re not human). That’s actually something I really loved about the way the story has developed past the original trilogy. In the original three movies, there was a clear black-and-white picture of good and evil, right down to the clothing the characters wore. The prequel trilogy played with that concept of how our choices dictate what we become, but I think we’re seeing that even more in the new movies — there is doubt, and fear, and those play heavily in our choices about ourselves. It’s easy to see Luke as a hero based on the original trilogy, but I actually quite love the way the past is killed in the new movies — it reminds us that there is no perfect good or evil.

StarWars.com: How did you first discover Star Wars and what turned you into a fan?

Valentina Pinto: I discovered Star Wars the first time when I was little girl but I did not remember so much. However, I’ve reviewed the films recently. My travels [to] Disney Parks have made me even more a fan.

Beth Revis: I first discovered Star Wars thanks to my parents’ old video tapes. They recorded the movies when they came on television, so our version of Star Wars still had all the old commercial breaks. It’s strange for me now to watch the movie without them! I don’t recall the first time seeing the movies; they just always were. My brother and I would go into the field and forest near our house and pretend to be on Endor, using old PVC pipes as lightsabers.

StarWars.com: How would you describe this mini adventure in your own words?

Valentina Pinto: This mini adventure speaks of strength, how to have confidence in yourself, and how friendship and collaboration can be the most powerful weapon against the forces of evil.

Beth Revis: This adventure is about learning to trust yourself by trusting others.

StarWars.com: The ever-expanding Star Wars universe has given us novels, films, and animations dedicated to these characters. What were you studying for inspiration?

Valentina Pinto: Although my approach to the story is the one closest to the animated shorts, I was inspired by everything now on Star Wars, so a lot of stuff. It was a beautiful journey, in this fantastic universe of Star Wars and I hope so much that it is not the last one.

Beth Revis: For this particular work, I went back to the cartoons. I watched a lot of The Clone Wars in preparation for developing Saw in Rebel Rising, and I just kept watching them over and over again for Ahsoka’s development in this comic. I also, of course, loved EK Johnston’s novel Ahsoka.

StarWars.com: And how do you know when you have the dialogue, the movement, and the story just right for these characters in particular?

Valentina Pinto: When everything while drawing becomes spontaneous and natural without sacrificing quality and myself. And I hope this will shine from the pages for you, too.

Beth Revis: I tried to put myself in my shoes as a kid — when I was younger, what did I want to see my heroes doing? I wanted them to be able to kick butt and fight, but I also wanted them to know when they could rely on others. I tried to find a balance between Ahsoka being a fighter, and Ahsoka realizing that she could still be friends with someone.

StarWars.com: When you look at the finished comic now, what are you most proud of? And what aspect or individual detail gave you the most difficulty?

Beth Revis: For me, the hardest pages to write were the beginning — staging the first fight and finding a way to have that fight reflect the entire rest of the story. I don’t think I nailed it on my own; it was seeing Valentina’s art bringing that fight to life that really made the scene come alive and be true to the characters.

Valentina Pinto: I’m proud of the total result — story, art and lettering. [Being asked to illustrate a full comic does not often happen for someone] working expressly as a cover artist or colorist. For me, every [day] was a joy and a challenge. I hope you enjoy our work and have fun with Padmé and Ahsoka!

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Just came across this alternate ending to "The Wrong Jedi" episode. Thankfully they didn't go along with this version. The ending just looks all the more appropriate with Anakin chasing Ahsoka outside as opposed to the entire council being there as she says why she won't come back.

In the standard ending, I liked how OB1 was ready to follow Anakin out the door, but Plo put his hand on his shoulder to let Anakin and Ahsoka sort it out alone.

16. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    And the most interesting part about this.
    http://www.starwars.com/news/interview-dave-filoni-on-star-wars-the-clone-wars-season-five-part-2

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Absolutely a great call. It was obvious the whole point of the arc was to show Anakin's reaction at the Jedi directly towards something he holds dear. Among the most powerful scenes was when Anakin yells at Yoda as he says, "this is only a formality; you've already made your decision!" Ahsoka knew all along it wasn't about him.

18. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    A very interesting part about Anakin's outrage is Obi-Wan's reaction to it. As opposed to shaking his head in disappointment like he does in RotS (and even in the deleted scenes of this particular act), this time he looks down and away from Anakin, clearly showing that he knows what Anakin says is true and that he's ashamed of it.

revan772 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  19. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I keep thinking of different possibilities for Ahsoka to show up again. What if she pulls Ezra into Mortis last second? Or if we learn last second that she has been slightly corrupted by the Dark Side again? I would really love for us to find out she is alive, in her original body, and give us some other mystery at the end. Let us know just enough to leave us intrigued and let us know she survives, maybe even how, but what is she doing from that point? That is what I am looking forward to.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I know her face looks too young in this picture but the other one I had posted previously was inappropriate for the forum because of her outfit.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  21. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I'm alright with Ahsoka falling somewhere in the middle, a grey Force wielder, but it's hard to imagine her fully embracing the dark side. I don't think that is a direction Filoni would go either, unless she was at most, similar to a Nightsister, drawing on a planet or location for power in order to protect herself or others.

22. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    In the wait for the return of SWR , Henry Gilroy provided some early Filoni doodles about some episodes where Ahsoka is featured prominently. There is probably more to come.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think there should never be any sort of Grey individual I really do not like them in Star Wars. I am super glad the story group does not like Grey Jedi.

24. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I don't see what's "grey" about Ahsoka's philosophy. She seems more like a lightside Force user who is not a Jedi. We see her helping Ezra and Kanan in their time of need. Just because she's no longer part of the Jedi Order doesn't mean that she's "Grey".

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    She is a lightsider. Just because she may delve into Revenge does not change that at all.