main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Princess Of Manchester

Princess Of Manchester Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 7, 2018
    What if they didn't accept Anakin?

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    And 'Son of Dathomir'.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Ya I know I just counted that under TCW

4. Darth Eisner

Darth Eisner Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2018
    I think the answer is fairly obvious here. Unless Palpatine sensed him from far away and came down to Tatooine himself to get Anakin, the whole saga likely wouldn’t happen.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think they were asking what would have happened to Anakin

6. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    If the Jedi hadn’t accepted Little Anakin, Qui-gon would have left the Order, trained Anakin in the the ways of the Force himself, and everything would have gone a lot better for everyone.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Hmm there is probably some good what ifs there to think about.

8. ss640

ss640 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2017
    What if Padme was the Sith Lord they were looking for

DarthTalonx likes this.
  9. texjrwillerjr

texjrwillerjr Jedi Knight

Dec 13, 2015
    What if anakin would said to qui gon jinn either I come with my mother or else I stay so if he stayed do you think sand people could still kidnapped shmi or anakin? and there was no anakin to stop mace windu, palpi could defeated esasily or not? would be a first galactic empire?

10. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    I don’t think he had a choice. Even if he did give Qui-Gon that ultimatum, Shmi would’ve forced him to go. Not a whole lot a nine year old can do against a Jedi and his own mother.

11. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    You mean he was Seduced to the dark side?

Question, what if Anakin had not intervened and Windu had killed Palpatine...what would a Jedi junta led galactic organisation be like?

12. Emperor_Jar_Jar

Emperor_Jar_Jar Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2018
    I've been thinking about this for a while.
    What if Anakin was trained by a different Jedi Master?
    Like Mace Windu or Yoda

DarthTalonx likes this.
  13. Emperor_Jar_Jar

Jan 31, 2018
    I would think that Anakin would've won because Qui Gon said Anakin had more midichlorians than yoda himself

14. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Your avatar haha!

What if Jar Jar was actually Darth Plagueis?!

Are you trying to work out if your plan would have succeeded because Palpatine would have thought it pointless trying to recruit a more stable Anakin (trained by Yoda), or an Anakin trained to keep his darker side under control in his saber combat (under Windu). Thus no Vader who would turn back (Vader was never really a true dark sider, he joined to save Padme).

15. Emperor_Jar_Jar

Jan 31, 2018
    True but the only reason Padme was dying was because of Palpatine. If Yoda sensed Palpatine's presence then Padme wouldnt have died hence no vader or galactic empire.

16. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    I think Vader/Anakin brought about her death yes. Had Sidious been killed by Windu (no interference from Anakin, or at his moment of choosing as the Chosen One, had he assisted and killed the Chancellor), then the dark side would have lifted, the visions stopped etc.

Would have been a Jedi junta, which would have been interesting.

17. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    Aurra Sing was watching the Podrace!

What if after Anakin won and was freed, he decided not to go with the Jedi and stayed on Tatooine? No doubt Aurra Sing would know him and admire him like she did Boba. Would she try to take him under her wing as she did Boba and train him to be a bounty hunter?? Imagine Darth Vader as a bounty hunter!

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I really don't think she admired Boba Fett at all, just used him as a tool during the clone wars. Just because he won the pod race does not mean that anyone other then podracers would take an interest in him.

19. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    Why was she watching the Podrace then? Just placed a bet or did she have a bounty on one of the racers?s

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If I had to take a guess I would say both. Her line of work is all about the money so why not place a bet on a racer and also take out a bounty at the same time?

StartCenterEnd likes this.
  21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Or it had nothing to do with the race. She was in Beggar's Canyon. People live there.

22. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    It's probz already been discussed somewhere on these previous 84 pages, but what if Anakin had let Mace go ahead and kill Darth Sidious?

Personally I think the Republic still would've fallen-as opinion on the Jedi order within the senate seems as if it had already been tarnished thanks to Palpatine and also the war, and the corruption had already grown too deeply rooted to just flip the switch and say "everything's okay now, don't worry!" I feel like there were too many moving pieces in place by this point to prevent at least the efforts of building the Empire from moving forward.

However, I believe the galactic civil war would have lasted much shorter in this case, and the Empire would never have become the ever-present superpower it was, because the Jedi would still be around-and they could have truly served their purpose and helped the galaxy return to peace. With them still in existence, the truth could eventually have come out about Darth Sidious and presumably they would've had their own number of senators and systems in support of their efforts.

As for Anakin, I believe losing Palpatine would've been difficult for him, but eventually he would've chosen the right path since he was no longer being slowly manipulated-and the people he surrounded himself otherwise with were good influences on him. Perhaps he left the Jedi Order when his children were born, due to their disagreements/misunderstandings, Ahsoka-style, and then....Happy ending! IMO this would still be Anakin fulfilling the prophecy, since it was Anakin that told Mace who the Sith lord was. So, in a way, it could be said that he was responsible for the destruction of the Sith, even though Mace was the one who actually swung the lightsaber.

OR, forget all that, and perhaps Sidious could've ended up stopping Mace and killing him on his own! ;)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  23. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    I don't think that Sidious could have stopped Mace on his own. At least from a cinematographic standpoint, Sidious was on the point of departure when Anakin stepped in. So I think we would have had an end to Evil Part I at that point and your earlier paragraphs would have been the outcome.

One point of departure I would take, would be Anakin quitting the Jedi. I think that since he was already deeply involved with Padme at that point (married a kid on the way), the Jedi would have reconsidered their view on marriage and children. I mean, it was obvious that he could still function properly as a Jedi while being married with a child - IN THIS CASE - and I emphasize that, because as it went, that was clearly NOT the case, LOL. But in a perfect world, where he had destroyed Sidious and brought balance to the Force early on, it may have been that he could have opened the Jedi eyes to leaving their monk like existence behind and evolving in this regard.

Sith Lord 2015 and DARTH_BELO like this.
  24. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018
    What if Yoda, feeling the death of nearly all of the Jedi through the force, somehow turned completely to the Dark Side, and Obi-Wan and Padme convince Anakin to join the Light Side again when they land on Mustafar?

25. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    ^ They’d all be screwed. The only person who could even stand a chance against Yoda was Darth Sidious and he only fought the muppet to a standstill.

Prime Jedi likes this.