main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) In Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by G-FETT, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    Just playing with ya ;)

2. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    He could not have accomplished what he did if he went there in person. What we got was an amazing representation of his power.

burg2774 likes this.
  3. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014
    Well no. Ben was already Kylo when Luke visited him. That was the point.

4. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    let us agree to disagree here. Makes no sense to discuss any further since none of us will change our oppinion. :rolleyes:

5. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014
    Yeah, that’s fine. But whether you like it or not, this is not fan fiction.

6. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    It is, because the creator of the original characters did not write it. No Lucas = fan fiction. But yes, it is a high budget fan fiction.

7. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    Yeah...was just being petty ;)

8. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014
    No. That’s ridiculous. Get over it.

themoth and 11-4D like this.
  9. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    as I said, let us agree to disagree. You won't change my mind and I will not get over it. It is just my oppinion.

SkywalkerOG likes this.
  10. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    Well, it’s a space opera/fairy tale. It wouldn’t be terribly genre busting if it ended on a happy note...(which I still think it will, btw).

11. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    Not sure what kind of idea @Strongbow. Lucasfilm is supposed to be the epicenter of creativity minds, so they'll have to figure that one out.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That’s still a Skywalker. If Ben survives then the Skywalkers survive. Perhaps not in name, but in blood they do and for me that is enough.

Star war likes this.
  13. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I’m sure he would’ve been blasted to smithereens if he appeared in person.

Star war likes this.
  14. Demsa Aztor

May 29, 2016
    LOL.. not so sure about that. He couldn't show a similar force power the shielded him in the same way?

nightangel and -LordSkywalker- like this.
  15. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    There was no way to get off Achoo atm. And what he did was able to accomlish what he couldn’t have accomplished had he been there in person.

And just consider what Luke must have been able to sense, all the way fom Achoo, about the situation before “going in.”

Oh, and them rocks....Just a theory of mine, but methinks Rey got a little bit of and hand with that task ;)

16. Demsa Aztor

May 29, 2016
    No way to get off Sneeze island? Be creative. Lift the xwing, project himself completely to Crait. Not difficult to me.

You might be right about help with the rocks. I noticed slight smile on Luke's face when Rey reunited with Finn. She either did it on her own or did get help from him, but maybe Luke felt vindicated that they were now safe and he did what he could.

nightangel and -LordSkywalker- like this.
  17. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    There was zero point lifting his ship out of the water. It was a waterlogged ruin. His hut door was made from salvaged X-Wing S foil. The visual dictionary even says the fighter ‘rests forever’ under a shallow inlet. He didn’t intend to leave the island and he couldn’t.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  18. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    That's not really an issue - if the writer wanted Luke to leave the island then the ship would be salvageable, or parked on the beach. Plot demanded Luke stay there, so the X-Wing rests unsalvageable in the sea. Like plot demanded that the Resistance fleet, which didn't know they were being pursued, to hyperspace to a point where they are 12-18 hours of sublight travel from the base they were heading for.

19. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    I’m not talking about what ifs. I’m talking about what actually HAPPENED in the film. I’m giving canon answers here to questions/complaints people have.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  20. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    The x-wing was in pieces. He can’t literally teleport.

Not to mention that he can’t be the Big Hero of the ST. It’s not his story anymore.

Yes - after Luke says “I will not be the last Jedi,” the camera cuts to Rey lifting the rocks. She’s glancing around, slightly; she doesn’t look focus, but like she senses something. When she’s hugging Finn, the camera zooms a bit on her happy face, then cuts to Luke’s face - note his unfocused gaze. And Kylo says “I’ll destoy her, and you, and all of it.” He knows Luke is thinking of Rey.

Visual storytelling ;)

(And more believable than Rey being able to move all those rocks after 2 “lessons,” eh?)

burg2774 likes this.
  21. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    ähmmm, yes, like he was blasted and ....died....ups...survived in Shattered Empire (canon) comic? o_O

[​IMG]

Demsa Aztor and -LordSkywalker- like this.
  22. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    Why is the good stuff only relegated to a comic? Damn.

23. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    So what? Next time Rey meets Luke as a force ghost they talk about how Luke helped with the rocks??? I very much doubt this will be ever addressed. Visually it is shown that Rey lifts the rocks, she does not hear a voice like Luke heard before targeting the Death Star hole. Nope, visually it was Rey who did all the work on her own, like she did the whole 2 movies and it is no surprise that she can lift rocks, as it was no surprise that she can use a mind trick without training.

Django Fett likes this.
  24. Jedi of Baker Street

Jedi of Baker Street Jedi Master star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    No, it wasn't Luke nearly killing Ben that made him turn into Kylo, at all...Kylo was already turned to the dark side, and was already destined to become evil...Luke felt it and knew it to be true. That is why Luke briefly felt he had to kill him, the Jedi in him should have killed him. But in his compassion, he could not. That compassion, that kindness of Luke was a downfall this time. But Ben's destiny was already chosen.

burg2774 likes this.
  25. Demsa Aztor

May 29, 2016
    Things could have always been changed. I'm not basing it on canon materials. I'm focusing on when they were putting the story together.

ChildOfWinds likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.