main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit GENERAL QUESTION THREAD (What to read? Where to start? What's canon? What's not? Duros, etc.)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jun 4, 2008.

1. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    And even the new novelizations can't be considered canon if scenes contradict with what we see on the screen. For example, the TFA novelization shows Rey and Poe meeting, but they don't meet on-screen until the end of TLJ.

MasterPrince713 likes this.
  2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That's a bit fuzzy - the TLJ scene may have them meeting again. Rey was in the same room as Poe in TFA.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Yeah, but the TLJ scene has her introducing herself, and Poe saying, "Yeah, I know."

4. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Given everything she goes through in TLJ, it makes sense that she might have forgotten the TFA conversation. Exactly how did it go in the novel?

5. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    He introduces himself; the narration has Rey thinking she recognizes him, then she says, "I'm Rey." He replies with "I know. Nice to meet you."

6. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    Can anyone help in pointing me to where to get a guaranteed way to buy the force awakens paperback novel with the short stories ? Im in the uk and never seen it just normal version.

7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Are there any references to Valorum being remembered in the OT era or later?

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    @lordpixie - Amazon.com has it in stock. You'd have to pay for intl shipping. I'm in the UK and have bought plenty of books from the US site in the past. If you're going to do it you might want to see if there's anything else you'd want book-wise that you can't find in the UK.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    lordpixie likes this.
  9. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    thanks for that :)there's some others i need so good idea.

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Normal shipping has taken around 9 days for me in the past. They have expedited shipping for more money.

11. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    From Legacy of the Force: Fury, 40 ABY

Nom von Anor and Iron_lord like this.
  12. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Who are the Mon Calamari in Ackbar's crew in ROTJ?

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I dunno, but something tells me his standards for joining him were low.
    [​IMG]

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    They look efishient to me.

15. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Hey, I seem to remember some kid, probably early teens, who I think was supposed to sorta look like Anakin Solo, or remind H&L of Anakin, being picked up by H&L and spending some time traveling in the Falcon with them after Anakin died. I'm thinking this would be during the NJO (pretty sure), or maybe Dark Nest. Does anyone remember this character? Character's name or book he appeared in? I looked on Wookieepedia in the appearances section of every book after Star by Star but couldn't find him, though I admit I wasn't 100% thorough.

It occurs to me now that he may have appeared before Star by Star, but after Chewie's death in VP, so I'm going to go back and check, but if anyone knows who I'm talking about, let me know.

16. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    You are thinking of this guy - he appeared in Star By Star (with minor appearances in the NJO after that) and then Fate of the Jedi:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dab_Hantaq

Jedi Knight Fett and CT-867-5309 like this.
  17. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Thanks, Iron_lord!

Iron_lord likes this.
  18. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I couldn't remember his name - but I could remember that villainous Kuati Senator Viqi Shesh was responsible for his appearance, so I looked up her and thereby found him.

19. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    LOL...I actually remembered he had something to do with some sort of trick...but had no idea who the trickster was.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  20. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    And then Daala used him to be Tahiri's Observer at the beginning of the Fate of the Jedi series.

21. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Simple question: What epoch did the Empire and its successor states use for dates? ABY didn't come until later and it was more of an NR thing. Would the Ruusan Reformations be the marker? It would make it easy. Any Imperial date would be the ABY date plus one thousand years.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  22. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    Both the Thrawn Trilogy and the new canon Rebel Files having a dating system using the formation of the Empire as year zero. There's also the Great ReSynchronization, which has 35 BBY as year zero.

23. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Was the ReSync was used during the Republic's time?

24. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    It was used from 35 BBY through 25 ABY, (0 to 60 GRS). I’m pretty sure (in Legends) it was the official dating system of the Republic, superseding the various calendars they were using up until that point, such as the ones using Ruusan or the Treaty of Coruscant as year zero. The HoloNet News articles are all dated this way, for instance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Was Geonosis part of the Republic at any time?