main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit One Canon - Merging Legends and the New Canon - TFA spoilers, very much so

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 8, 2016.

1. MasterPrince713

MasterPrince713 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2017
    Err, you kind of lost me at 'alien genocidal nuts.' :p

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Everyone seen this?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I meant to Link this in here! It’s so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobaMatt likes this.
  4. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I actually found myself becoming emotional.

5. Xander Vos

Xander Vos Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    Ha yeah that's pretty cool.

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Gakk, did they do the Legends / canon Force vision bridge gimmick? Cuz I totally need to see that happen.

PCCViking and Sinrebirth like this.
  7. lotrswxmen8

lotrswxmen8 Jedi Padawan

Jan 29, 2018
    Here’s a question for this thread: in TCW tv show Even Piell dies on Lola Sayu trying to escape from the Citadel and his body is thrown into the lava, but in Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight he is shown to have survived order 66 and dies to stormtroopers who hunted him down in the lower levels of Coruscant. How does this work in one cannon?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The other Even Piell has too many eyes - two. So presumably it is a Lannik that ceremonially took his name, perhaps even his role in the Council, mayhaps.

And as for Adi Galla, she survives her wounds in Obsession but dies to Savage Oppress.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  9. lotrswxmen8

lotrswxmen8 Jedi Padawan

Jan 29, 2018
    Also if all clones have inhibitor chips in their heads how did some commandos and ARCs like omega squad disobey the order?

10. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    They were both pretty raw to their own degrees. Perhaps the chips made them less powerful in some areas so the elites didn't get them.

11. lotrswxmen8

lotrswxmen8 Jedi Padawan

Jan 29, 2018
    Perhaps but Gregor who was a commando had an inhibitor chip in his head

12. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Maybe they just extracted them at some point in their Covert Ops career?

13. lotrswxmen8

lotrswxmen8 Jedi Padawan

Jan 29, 2018
    Maybe, not sure where they would have heard about it though

14. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I had a theory that related to this One Canon thread. It seems very strange in 8 that Ahch-to still had the First Jedi Temple tree and the texts there after a thousand generations. That thousands of years of Sith trying to wipe out the Jedi never resulted in this tree and its books being burned down centuries ago.

In the Old Republic MMO, Satele Shan moves the Jedi to Tython and says it's the Jedi homeworld. All Jedi follow. We see quests there, Rajivari's fount there etc.

When we look at the Dawn of the Jedi franchise itself though, all we get is info about a predecessor group called Je'daii (pronounced like Hawaii I think, despite what John Ostrander and Jan Duursema said on the Dark Horse Comics forums back in the day about it being pronounced the same as Jedi).

Knowing that the Jedi homeworld could be attacked at any time in the wake of the sack of Coruscant, did Satele Shan and the Jedi Council of her day create the fiction that Tython was the Jedi homeworld? To the point of moving artifacts, putting fake info in fake holocrons etc, to throw the Sith off? This way, if the Sith attacked Tython hoping to wipe out the Jedi homeworld, they'd fail because Tython never actually was the Jedi homeworld.

Note that Satele builds a new temple on Tython, rather than sets up shop on an old Jedi Temple... because there was no first Jedi Temple on Tython! Just Je'daii temples...

Also note that there is NO mention of Tython being the Jedi homeworld in Tales of the Jedi, Knights of the Old Repuiblic etc. until the Old Republic. The timing seems to indicate Satele willingly fabricated this lie to throw the Sith off from the real Jedi homeworld, Ahch-to. What do you think?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    PCCViking likes this.
  15. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    But how would Luke know? The New Sith Empire was created by former Jedi. Wouldn't they know, and have the opportunity to raid Ach-To?

16. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Didn't at least 1000 years pass between TOR and the New Sith Empire? The knowledge could have easily been lost by then.

17. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    After the Old Republic MMO, this knowledge might literally be held by only one person--the Grand Master of the Jedi Order. Since Phanius/Darth Ruin presumably was not the Grand Master, he'd think the Jedi homeworld was on Tython.

We know Ahch-to was on Imperial maps since R2 got info on it via Death Star 1. Palpatine may not have known it was the Jedi homeworld though.

We see Luke take a tree sapling of the Force Jedi tree in Shattered Empire, presumably a descendant of the Ahch-to tree. It's possible he literally searched for years via the tree's DNA signature to trace it's lineage back to Ahch-to. A major clue for Luke that Tython was not the first Jedi Temple was if this tree was not to be found on that planet at all... This doesn't seem to be the hard research Palpatine would bother with, so that's why he never found out.

PCCViking likes this.
  18. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Wasn’t it a point of contention among Jedi which temple was actually the “first temple”? Some thought it was Tython, others thought it was Jedha, etc. So Satele and co. all thinking it was Tython was based on information they had at the time, which theory was the most prevalent, and so on.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  19. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Hmm, that's true and it makes it strange that Palpatine never went to Ahch-to and wiped it out. I'm guessing a lot of Jedi went through trouble to emphasize the Jedi homeworld was Tython or Jedha, and Ahch-to was a "fringe" theory no one actually believed. Artifacts were moved, etc. This hype was intended to fool the Sith, and it did.

The fact that the huts look so desolate may actually have been done by the Jedi themselves. The Sith would laugh at a few huts, and not bother to look for one nondescript tree that held certain books...

PCCViking likes this.
  20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    As to the chips, I took it that it impacted all the clones differently, and it was not universally installed, potentially especially not in ARCs. I’ve not sifted through the list of clones that defected and those that didn’t.

I’m definitely taking Ahch-to as the first Jedi Temple between Tython and Ossus.

Being as there was more than twenty millennia between the Force Wars and Galactic Wars, no surprises information was warped.

21. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    That was done by the same people that did that Legacy of the Force fan film several years back.

BobaMatt likes this.
  22. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I've completely lost track of how this One Canon stuff is working now (sorry). I might have to read through it all, but it takes a lot of mental gymnastics for me.

So right now, I'm just imagining Darth Krayt hiding out, eating popcorn with Darth Wyyrlock (which Wyyrlock would this be in One Canon?) and laughing: "This Kylo Ren and his First Order are doing all my work for me! He killed Han Solo! He killed Luke Skywalker! And all I had to do was... nothing! I had no idea it would be so easy. ;) "

23. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Here's an idea: Maybe Palpatine realised that the clones would be reluctant to execute the protocol. He then ordered all of the new Spaarti clones to have the new chip. Troopers like Fives would have been early demos like the 14th Infantry.

PCCViking likes this.
  24. lotrswxmen8

lotrswxmen8 Jedi Padawan

Jan 29, 2018
    in the cannon book Star Wars Galactic Atlas it states that Rex was born on Kamino and was trained as an ARC trooper. In rebels Rex says he removed his inhibitor chip. Same deal with Gregor. He was a republic commando and removed his chip before order 66. Going by this information we can see that both ARCs and commandos were also given inhibitor chips and that the chips were even given to the first batch of clones which Rex was apart of.

25. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    There's a difference between the pure ARCs and clones who just won a fancy title. Similarly Gregor may have been cross-trained like Corr.