main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Snoke) In Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Tobi, Dec 14, 2017.

?

Will Snoke return in Episode IX?

1. Yes - I think he's Darth Plagueis and can therefore cheat death (Even being cut in half)

14.9%
  2. Yes - perhaps a clone, or Force Ghost, or by some other means, like in a flashback

15.4%
  3. No - his story is done

69.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheNewEmpire

TheNewEmpire Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2007
    If that's the case then why doesn't Palps and Snoke kill the rebels this way?

2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    They need to be able to see what they're focusing on. It's only ever been done through hologram communication with underlings. It requires line of sight.

TadoFett likes this.
  3. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    Of course. Makes sense. Thanks.

4. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    So when do we think that we'll learn more about Snoke's origins and part in all of this? I doubt we'll learn more about him in ep9, the guy is gone for good IMO. So now it's the books, novels that will bring us the answers, i suppose.

My feeling is the Lucasfilm storygroup is waiting to know what JJs story is so they dont contradict the movie if Snoke plays a part somehow -if only by being mentioned or through flashback-.

Since i expect the basics of the movie to be soon set in stone, maybe someone at lucasfilm is writing Snoke's origin for a no el or comics? If so, would it be released anytime they want now the character is dead or do we have to wait till after ep9 is out?

BalanceOfTheForce likes this.
  5. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    Ideally I would like to see SNOKE: A star wars story.
    I doubt we'll even get a book though. The books are just filler now, and they won't do anything if there is the slightest chance the characters may be used in future films.

6. Marathonjedi77

Marathonjedi77 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2012
    How do we know for certain he wasn't a force projection?That was Snoke the whole movie manipulating the Force to bridge Kylo and Rey.Who projected Kylo to the island where Rey touched his hand?How did Kylo pick up the dice then they disappeared?I think Snoke was using the same power to a higher degree then even Luke was.

Jamtia, seattlemusicnerd and Star war like this.
  7. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    I would point out that the fact that the saber actually cut him in half instead of going through him (like Luke) would suggest he was indeed...well...cut in half.

8. Star war

Star war Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 23, 2018
    Dude maybe you are onto something.

I just read a theory on reddit that Snoke is a force projection by Kylo himself. Like he force projected Snoke as an imaginary friend of sorts bcoz he was lonely.

That would explain why we never see Snoke train Kylo at all ? Kylo cant train himself right.

Why Luke never fought Snoke bcoz he is actually somehow Kylo ? And Luke wouldnt hurt his nephew.

Why Kylo killed him easily ? Bcoz Kylo created him in the first place.

KSennia likes this.
  9. Marathonjedi77

Nov 2, 2012
    The dice were literally picked up by kylo then disappeared explain that to me?This is how Snoke could be cut in half in the physical.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    Star war likes this.
  10. Darth Visor

Darth Visor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 25, 2018
    I highly doubt that Snoke will appear again in the next movie. I think that his death is cool because it subverts a lot of expectations you have as an audience member going into these new movies. Since the Force Awakens is so similar to a New Hope, I think your average audience member kind of assumed this movie would be a lot like Empire and that the rebels would lose, and the last movie would be able Kylo Ren betraying his master and getting redeemed. By killing Snoke here in the middle, you take away the possibility that episode IX could play out that way. I'm hoping that it's not just Kylo but the whole Knights of Ren as the bad guys in IX.

TadoFett and MrElculver2424 like this.
  11. Star war

Jan 23, 2018
    Oh i agree that Snoke is dead and wont appear in 9 .

I just like the concept of Kylo force projecting Snoke.

Like fight club you know.

12. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I agree. I laughed out loud in shock when he got cut in half, because it was so unexpected. I hope his character is truly dead, although I think it would be good if some tidbits about his background related to Kylo are mentioned in the next movie, even if in passing.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    Star war likes this.
  13. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I doubt they will do a big twist with Snoke's death scene. Snoke being killed by Kylo and Palpatine being killed by Anakin were defining moments. I like how TLJ has set us up for something we haven't seen yet.

14. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Prediction! The caretakers will take over the First Order! I think two caretakers from Ach-To are going to somehow get a hold of Snoke's robes and dress themselves up in the robe with one standing on top of the others shoulders and fool everybody into thinking that Snoke is still alive. Kylo can't say otherwise because the two caretakers have threatened to reveal that he's the one that killed Snoke.

Darth Smurf and Shadao like this.
  15. Marathonjedi77

Nov 2, 2012
    Even if Snoke doesnt return explain to me the physical dice Kylo picked up only to disappear in his hand.This was edited in such way to be a powerful visual cue.It's my belief that this is shown to us as a hint of what is to come in 9.

16. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Snoke will have a comic series exploring his origins ect ,

He will not be in EP9 the focus will be on the real villain Kylo Ren........

BalanceOfTheForce likes this.
  17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    If Snoke comes back on IX. I'd probably leave the theater. lol

MrElculver2424 likes this.
  18. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Snoke really was a cut above the rest.

TadoFett likes this.
  19. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Interesting theory about Snoke being made up by Kylo, just don’t get why the guards would attack him then?

Honestly it would be a great twist to see Snoke again in 9, only if Luke got to face him in a different dimension. I wouldn’t want him really interacting with Rey and Ben again.

Star war likes this.
  20. Star war

Jan 23, 2018
    It would be like fight club.

Just that Kylo literally made up Snoke like an actual person.

I mean now that i think about it Snoke really popped up from nowhere and knows about the whole Luke Vader thing.

How? Mabybe bcoz Kylo was told by Luke probably.

I mean Snoke knows everything Kylo knows and vice versa.

Is there anything that Snoke knows but Kylo doesnt already?

Snoke and Kylo both dont know about Luke's location and both are more concerned with killing him than the FO.

Hux manages the FO and plan what to blow up and when. Snoke just says Ok.

Snoke knows Kylo 's every feeling and thought.
    No force user can do that.

How did Snoke seduce Kylo to the dark side right under Luke, Leia, Han's care ?
    He didnt. Bcoz Kylo made him up. Simple.

I think Kylo has a split personality disorder.
    They keep saying he is being "torn apart."

I am liking this theory more and more.

21. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Just that Han and Leia knew who Snoke was, or at least mentioned his name. Not sure how that would fit.

22. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    A bit about Snoke

ndy Serkis revealed he’s had discussions with J.J. Abrams about Snoke’s backstory, in the vaguest manner possible:

We did, yeah. We’ve talked about it. We wanted to keep it a mystery and, you know by the way, it is Star Wars so who knows what might happen. Without giving anything away.

23. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Snoke got Smoked & now he's half the man he used to be.....

24. Darth Visor

Darth Visor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 25, 2018
    I laughed out loud too. I thought it was incredible. I think background related things in the next movie would be awesome, but I think him coming back fully would be too much. I'd much rather have them focus on the Knights of Ren and give us details about them then dig into Snoke again.

[​IMG]

25. JediMasterSven

JediMasterSven Jedi Master star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    Saddly, when asked to list Any Serkis' post popular roles, Snoke is only "half" as popular as Gollum and Ceaser.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.