main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Upcoming canonization of Legends characters

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Yunzabit, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    It would be great if Mara Jade returned. And maybe Karrde.

Maybe Lumiya could appear in Episode IX?
    Lol. One can only hope...

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  2. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Yeah, the Solo tie-in stuff I'm assuming will bring in a lot.

That being said, Sana Solo from the new Marvel series should have been Salla Solo.

Yunzabit and Darth_Duck like this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    We’re not diverting this thread to a discussion about releases. You have a thread about that, @Xammer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    I would love for it to be Mara Jade, she is hands (Ha!) down my favorite Star Wars character. But they won't, due to her complications as Luke Skywalker's wife.

Did she have a story separate from him? Absolutely, and a damn good one. But she was always a 'hinted' love interest. I saw it as far back as the original release of Heir to the Empire, at 15 years old. Reading the book series, I hated when they threw other women into Luke's life, because it was so obvious it had to be Mara. I was overjoyed to read the scene in Vision of the Future, because it was high time.

I'd be OK with them throwing it out to get her back, but let's be real, it would cause more confusion than they're willing to live with, and would always feel weird, unless it was dealt with extremely well. While I love having Thrawn back, I don't feel he's the same person, but he had no strong attachments that make it fail. Mara would.

Lady_Misty, revan772 and jSarek like this.
  5. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    BoShek's girlfriend ;)

Son of a Bith likes this.
  6. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    If we can decanonize the word "refresher" I say we decanonize "girlfriend/boyfriend".

Xander Vos likes this.
  7. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Refresher is not only still canon, it's probably been used in the new canon more often than bathroom or any other synonym combined.

8. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Huh. I remember hearing an interview a while back with someone, maybe Ryder Windham, that said they were getting rid of the term.

9. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Just recanonize hot chocolate again. I'd rather have had Luke dying in 8 drinking hot chocolate ("Leave me to my hot chocolate!") than those disgusting scenes of him drinking what he was drinking.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  10. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    I loved hot chocolate in HTTE. Just a particularly charming inclusion of a RL term that you wouldn't expect. A nice subversion of the ubiquitous Space ____ trope.

jSarek likes this.
  11. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Am I the only one hoping that the old EU will be canonized as a mirror universe and we get new stories in the old legends era? I know -- one can dream.

But I would hope to see Mara Jade, Lumiya, Exar Kun and some old Tales of The Jedi stuff, as well as maybe some of Solo's past (Brian Daley references or the corellian trilogy) -- especially with the new Solo movie coming out.

Maybe Chewbacca's family!

And as always, I want to see Zorba the Hutt...

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  12. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Lumpawaroo and Malla are already canon. Lumpy even has a scene in Empire's End.

13. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Can't they bring back Infinities? Star Wars Tales? Because I want a totally non-canon story where canon Luke on Ahch-to somehow meets his Legends counterpart and they talk about just everything.

Use the Marvel "What If?" brand--What if Luke Skywalker met Legends Luke Skywalker?

What if Snoke attacked the Legends New Jedi Order?

What if Kylo Ren and Darth Caedus teamed up to rule both their galaxies?

41 ABY, Ruins of Jedi Temple on Coruscant

Kylo Ren: Hello Rey, I've been expecting you. The Rebellion will lose. These past 7 years since my uncle died, I've gathered allies from farther away than you can possibly imagine. Meet my brother, Darth Caedus.

Rey: But you have no brother...

Kylo: He's the son of Han and Leia from another universe. During my darkside experiments, I found myself in his world and saved him just before his, or our, sister was about to kill him. She actually believes he's dead.

Darth Caedus: Hello Rey. This universe is so much like mine, and yet different. Once I have helped my brother bring peace to this universe, he has promised he will return with me to my home where we will bring peace to mine. The Dark Side is ascendant, and we shall triumph.

Finn: Now there are two of them!

Poe: We never should have made this bargain to help Rey.

Finn and Poe flee in terror.

14. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    "Refresher" was used in Rebels and "boyfriend" was used in The Force Awakens.

Lady_Misty and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  15. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    BTW, I think Malla would like to have a word with Maz.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  16. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    @Jedi Princess
    I remember the latter, hence "decanonize". I was under the impression "refresher" was already decanonized. But whatever. It's not really important.

17. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    If Mara Jade is recanonized, then we can answer one of the mysteries from TFA: how did Maz get Luke's Bespin lightsaber?

Well, somehow Luke and Mara fought a clone version of him that had the saber; he gives it to her until she builds one of her own; she gives it to Maz, who then gives it to Finn, etc.

:D

18. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    My bet would be on Talon Karde and other similar smuggler type characters.

19. Captain RX

Captain RX Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2014
    Who the heck is Lumiya? I have a pretty deep knowledge of the Bantham Era canon but can’t seem to recall her.

20. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Darth Jacen's master.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

21. Gerald's Game

Gerald's Game Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2017

22. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Just a pointer with Lumiya, Snoke's guards used weapons very reminiscent of a lightwhip..and/or amphistaffs for that matter. Could be a herald of recanonizations to come...or not, and likely not.

Also, though, Snoke was from the Unknown Regions, where in Legends the old Yuuzhan Vong had been encountered a few times....and his Praetorian Guards have weapons influenced by Yuuzhan Vong weapons....

Lady_Misty and Dagobahsystem like this.
  23. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    We've probably seen Waroo (that's his canon nickname, thank god) in Chewbacca #5 by Marvel, near the end of the issue. It's not explicitly stated who the wookiiee child is in the comic, but given the context of the panels it's most likely Chewie's son.

24. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    I'd normally agree, but that doesn't jive with my theory that Obi-Wan has a copy of Off the Wall in his hut.

25. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I LOVE THIS! Bravo.

sidv88 likes this.