main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga What is the strangest fan theory you have ever heard? SEE OP WARNING

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Jangounchained1990, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Yeah, that's laughable. Everybody knows it was "Lumpy"!

JediMasterSven, Sarge and Lt. Hija like this.
  2. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    The theories about how much minimal training is required before performing certain feats of force use. Mainly because there is zero material basis to support them contained within the movies.

Jedi Princess likes this.
  3. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    That's not correct, in Yoda's hut Luke claims "But I've learned so much" and although Yoda is in a kind of debunking mode he doesn't debunk this particular claim (i.e. Luke has somehow "learned much").
    The time difference between events in ANH and ESB is three years, but admittedly it's somewhat inconclusive whether Luke taught himself or got assistance from Kenobi's Force Ghost.

Next we do have events like the Falcon being stuck inside the big asteroid with Han and Chewie performing repairs and of course the unknown time it took the Falcon to travel from the Anoat to the Bespin System.
    IMHO Solo's "Bespin. It's pretty far, but I think we can make it." suggests several days if not weeks. YMMV.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  4. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    That's not material. It's circumstantial.

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Given that in the PT, we see Jedi train for years before going out into the field is telling that it isn't that quick and simple. It only seems that way because of the ST. Lucas's intentions was that it took a lot of time to become a Jedi. That it was years before Obi-wan or Ahsoka went out and started doing the kinds of things their Masters did. You can even see it's still the same way in "Rebels", as Ezra goes from barely being able to defend himself with his Lightsaber to being almost as proficient as Kanan. Abrams and Kasdan just bypassed it in order to have Rey able to get herself out of trouble and fight Ben, and then Johnson choosing a story that pushed everything together in a short period of time.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Someone once tried to tell me how Jocasta Nu was Dooku's wife.

7. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    This wouldn't have been a problem if Rey was a former student of Lukes that was hidden on Jakku :mad:Anything other than "Just because"

Tosche_Station and Gamiel like this.
  8. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    Wee don't see any Jedi training except the younglings remote sparring. We don't see anything that confirms any specific training or specific length of training being prerequisite to demonstrating success at a particular force use.

We see Luke demonstrate successful use of the Force immediately after being convinced to do so without being given any specific procedural or technical instructions. Hence why Han puts it down to luck. But Ben knows otherwise.

Sarge and Bazinga'd like this.
  9. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    This. I think force powers develop rapidly. I think its the wisdom to use those powers correctly is what takes a longer time.

10. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    Yes. And any community that,.rightly or wrongly, codifies the necessary nurturing of personality and character for those that it entrusts to weild this power is seeking to mould society in this fashion. But it does not define the natural properties of the power source it is merely designed to harness for specific ends, and agendas.

Wisdom is the ability to cope. This is the Jedi's way of coping.

11. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    The wildest rumor I ever heard was that JJ Abrams was putting flying pigs in Episode VII

12. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
    But Rian Johnson did put flying porks...porgs into TLJ, although these should equally be capable to fly like Earth penguins, i.e. not at all. ;)

lord_sidious_ and Tosche_Station like this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Porgs are based off Puffins which can fly. So why should Porgs not be able to fly?

Martoto77 likes this.
  14. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Well we had flying Leia, so it all makes sense. :p

Darkslayer and Lt. Hija like this.
  15. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
    [​IMG]

Because their wings are just as small and featherless as Penguin ones. With Puffins it's a different story:

[​IMG]

lord_sidious_ and Bazinga'd like this.
  16. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I am not even sure how Porgs get lift out of their wings/arms.

17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    They use the Force. "That's not how the Porgs fly!"

Tosche_Station and Lt. Hija like this.
  18. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Anakin being reincarnated into a sea monster.

Like what?

19. Darth Weavile

Darth Weavile Jedi Master star 3

Oct 10, 2017
    Palpatine, Sidious, the Emperor, and the Senate are the same person.

Vader is actually Luke's father.

20. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Wait, so does that mean the animal Luke was drinking the milk from in TLJ might be... his father?!
    [​IMG]

Rian got his 'I am Your Father' and his Anakin ghost scene in one quick go. The truth was in front of us the whole time.

21. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015

Rian was rhyming the Leia/Luke kiss in the form of awkward family moments. Anakin is a Got Milk? supplier in the Force World, supplying surviving Jedi with enough calcium to Force project on a salt planet.

22. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Speaking of family moments, I just read this new one a couple days ago. Someone is claiming that the entire duel between Luke and Vader at the end of ROTJ shows that Luke is in love with/has sexual attraction for Leia. Completely ignoring all Han and Leia development after ANH the reasons they claim this are;

He is supposedly sexually awakened when R2 shows Obi Wan the hologram of Leia in ANH
    The deleted kiss scene
    Vader's use of the phrase "give yourself to the Dark side" and "seduced by the dark side"
    Vader's line " feelings for sister" (while wanting to leave out the rest of the quote "so you have a twin sister...)
    Luke's emotional "Nooo" when Vader taunts him with "if you cannot be turned then perhaps she will"
    No one ever says Leia's name the same way Luke says it

And some other off the wall comments I can't remember right now. The vigor with which this kind of stuff is going around is mindboggling. Apparently I am in the minority in that I don't watch Star Wars looking for sexual innuendo in every single scene or line.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    Jedi Princess and Sarge like this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I did not need to know this. [face_sick]

Avnar likes this.
  24. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Yeah, me neither. They're turning SW into Twilight fan fiction.

Tosche_Station likes this.
  25. PadawanGussin

PadawanGussin Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 6, 2017
    Jar Jar Binks - the true Sith Lord

Gamiel likes this.