main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    The point I was trying to make is that the notion of having two playable versions of the same person is not unheard of in video games.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I know it's not unheard of; but in a team based game with objectives it just seems weird to have the same character helping either team.

3. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    They've already completely broken canon with cross era heroes. Having 2 versions of the same character isn't that big of a deal at this point.

Look at the premise of heroes vs villians for instance. It's completely removed from canon or any sort of movie immersion. It's pretty much bashing action figures together. Pitting Anakin vs Vader in that context is fine.

Not to mention the original BF series allowed both Anakin and Vader in the HvV mode.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Did they really have that or was it only in a PC mod? I've been trying to find actual video from the older console games that shows both Anakin and Vader on the map at the same time.

5. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    It was really part of the game. Source: me.

I still own, and play the game on pc with no mods. I also owned it on ps2, same thing.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    No Anakin was in the original Battlefront 2. I remember that much.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I had the game too, but it's been over a decade since I last played it. I just don't remember Anakin and Vader being on the same map.

8. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Hero Assault on Mos Eisley was the map. Surely you played that on the original BF2?

vw_jedi likes this.
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Here's a video of Mos Eisley on the original BF2 game. At the beginning you can see the hero selection screen.

10. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Here's one showing both heroes and villains:

Jump to 15:19 to see both Anakin and Vader on the villains.

Grievousdude likes this.
  11. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    In a way I preferred the terminators from BF 2004 than BF2 which felt too arcade like. It felt like you could kill the heroes too easily. Although I must say I liked being the Emperor and electrocuting everything in sight. Problem was that my fellow Imperials also got blasted. And I don't like how you couldn't command your troops. "The hero must work alone? On whose authority? I am your Emperor, you will obey me!"

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That looked more like the PC version that came out later, but it's a silly thing to argue about anymore. I probably don't remember Anakin being in the game just because I hardly (if ever) used him. Why would I use him when I could use Aayla? :)

13. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    That original BF2 video reminded me of how badly I want to play as Mace Windu in this new version.

If we're going to keep the sides balanced, the obvious addition choices are:

Obi-Wan/Grievous
    Mace/Dooku
    Anakin/Ventress
    Ahsoka/Jango

If we can somehow squeeze Ackbar into a starfighter of his own for SA matches too, that would be fun.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Was Ackbar ever in a starfighter?

15. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Am I the only one who thinks playing as the Falcon is pointless in this game? It just makes you a big target for other players, you move a lot slower and I can never hit any other ships in it. Yoda's Starfighter is really good though, which I'm glad for given how ineffective he seems to be out of his ship.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Did he even have a Starfighter of his own.

17. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    In the old EU he had a B-Wing varient that could fit 2 people in the cockpit. (B-Wing/E)

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Now that would be an interesting scenario; having two people at once operating a starfighter. In the new game, they have two versions of the Falcon; the one with Han and Chewie from the OT and the more recent version with Rey and Chewie from the ST. It would be cool in some mode where two players could team up in the ship like that, where one flies and the other mans the turrets.

19. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I love the Falcon on the Death Star Debris map. Because the TIEs have to focus on their objective, as well as dodging the debris, it’s easy to rack up tons of kills with the Falcon. I had a streak of 12 last time I played that map.

It’s not as great on maps where the Rebels are on offense.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  21. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    We all knew they'd be re-enabled at some point. Maybe sooner than expected since the game is down about 60 million from projections and likely to sell less copies than the first game by at least one million units.

22. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Glad I didn’t buy it.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    They really need more heroes in the game. It's so frustrating when you finally get enough BP to use a hero and they're all taken. Twice tonight I wasn't fast enough to select the available hero before someone snatched it. Wouldn't it be better if a special notification came up to ask you if you'd like to respawn as a hero immediately and then show which ones are available? The wheel-thingy to select heroes that the original (2005) game had was much better than having to scroll all the way to the heroes with a cursor.

Grievousdude likes this.
  24. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    It’d make no difference as everyone who wanted heroes would get the notification and it’d still be a race/que to get one.

I personally want heroes out along with vehicles or just bring back supremacy. I find too often Heroes are too easy to cheese. I swear Leia’s blaster can curve round walls.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It would certainly make a difference if there were more heroes to choose from. It's really unfair to reach over 8000 BP in a match and you still can't use a hero.