main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul in Star Wars Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, May 22, 2013.

1. Vaapad Master Daeg Tynan

Vaapad Master Daeg Tynan Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013
    Well said.....

2. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    I just want to add that in SoD, iss. 2, there are lines, which indicate that Maul even during the Clone Wars didn't consider himself a Sith anymore, when telling his Mandalorians after his liberation from Stygeon Prison:

"A battle is coming, my brothers. A battle between the Sith and that which they fear the most - us."

In this regard I asked myself also what he told Gar Saxon, Rook Kast and the others about who killed Savage and who abducted him from the throne room. Maybe he told them the truth even when the Mandalorians still didn't know that Sidious was Palpatine.

3. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I was a little disappointed with the Obi-wan Maul duel. I was hoping there would be more VS fighting, but Instead, Obi-wan only stabbed maul and maul just like died. Above all I still liked season 3 of star wars rebels.

Darkslayer likes this.
  4. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Well, did you notice that Maul's legs at the ankles were a bit damaged in Twin Suns? You could see cables shining through the holes there, apparently indicating that Maul's time is to be over soon. In the previous episodes though, Maul's legs were totally alright, as I spotted.

That was the same thing Disney did in "Moana". You see the spiral at Te Kã's chest only, when Maui is telling Moana about it. In all the previous scenes in the film, Te Kã didn't had a spiral at the heart's place at all.

5. Shadowcatcher

Shadowcatcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2017
    You know, if the Rebels series would have gone on past 4, I wonder if Maul could have been able to "come back as a Force Ghost" that only Ezra could see -- not because Maul learned how to become a "real" Force Ghost, but because of the Vulcan Mind Meld he and Ezra had during the Holocrons of Fate episode.

But that seems pretty unlikely now that they're trying to wrap up everything.

6. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    With the way they ended things, Maul seemed content with his fate, knowing eventually the Empire would fall, so I doubt he'd meddle with Ezra from the spirit realm. It would be interesting to see his ghost though, considering Nightsisters are capable of such, perhaps he is as well. If anything, he would likely urge the destruction of his former master, and anything relating to the Sith.

Sudooku likes this.
  7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I wouldnt put sucking the lifeforces of Force sensitives past Maul since that was something Sith Lords of old were capable of along with certain Nightsisters. If Ezra is like a Harry Potter with a piece of Maul stuck in his head, then he'd be pretty much damaged goods. Canon still uses what Darth Krayt and other Dark Siders had knew in the EU, that death is only the beginning of wisdom.

Maul comes back from the dead he would have his body again of the TPM and all the knowledge of a Sith Master( and even Jedi Master). He would be completely healed and whole once again. Something to ponder. Also keep in mind that the Sith holocron that Maul had possessed from Malahor was a very special one, one that held all their secrets.

Maul: Because this is a Sith holocron, one that holds all their secrets.

Maul's dark side power and presence was felt by Leia during Operation Cinder's attack on Naboo. Also we never learn of what happened to shard of the Sith holocron that he manipulated and left on Tatooine, it could still be around or in the possession of Ezra or even somehow Luke. Its pretty safe to assume he's still around and watching events unfold from the netherworld of the Force. Maul mastery of the Force, post possession of both Holocrons, he had still manipulated both the Jedi and Sith holocron shards to do his bidding. If a Sith could find a way to survive past death, Maul could since he had the knowledge unlocked of the holocrons combining plus he was knowledge in Nightsister sorcery and religion.

Canonicity aside, his lines in battlefront II were also interesting , "I will always survive" and "You cannot kill a Sith". Perhaps he could be canon's version of Exar Kun during a post OT. It seemed to be the case back in 2011 with the now canceled Darth Maul video game that was being developed with some direct involvement from Lucas himself. That game was also in development at the same time as TCW.

8. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Hi Vorax,

is Cinder's attack, where Leia feels Maul's presence at Naboo from Battlefront II or from "Shattered Empire"?

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s from Shattered Empire

Sudooku likes this.
  10. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Yeah, its in issue #3 if you dont have access to the TPB.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Darkslayer and Sudooku like this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That part still amazes me

12. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Am curious if Maul powered up those mothballed fighters.;)

13. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    I am SO GLAD that Maul lunatic is finally dead FOR SURE this time!=D= He has finally paid for all the bad things he has done in his quest for power & revenge like killing Dutchess Satine, taking away Kanan's eye sight & trying to steal Ezra away from his ghost crew family![face_frustrated]

14. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    @Brandon,

At least Satine can't become witness how you made her Dutch anymore. ;)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  15. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
  16. Shadowcatcher

Oct 30, 2017
    He'll also never have a chance, however slim it might have been, to redeem himself either.

17. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    How could he probably redeem himself alone at Malachor? I just got the first two parts of the new Maul-comic and I see it now, because of the Malachor flashback, as a kind of tie-in to the Rebels-Maul. But what a lame and cruel story to leave him alone at Lotho Minor first for 12 years and after Order 66 for more 17 years at Malachor? Maul, as I knew him, would have started anew, seeking new allies, building some new base of existence than starve in oblivion like a crazy old hermit licking old wounds over and over again. No, Maul instead would have started over again.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  18. Brandon G

Apr 20, 2015
    He was BEYOND redemption!:rolleyes:

19. Sannom

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm pretty sure he killed less people than all the other movie Dark Siders :p . Also, he never betrayed anyone.

20. Shadowcatcher

Oct 30, 2017
    While alive no one is beyond redemption. It's just the depth of the hole you've dug yourself into.

When Maul was ruminating over the death of his brother and mother (people he seemed to genuinely care about), I had thought maybe, just maybe, that was the beginning of his.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  21. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Maul was a tortured soul, but his genuine pain due to the loss of his family gave me a hint at hope for some type of redemption. He was even willing to sacrifice himself to fulfill his mother's objective and eliminate the Sith. I would not describe someone like that beyond redemption. Without his mother, he reverted back to madness and was consumed by revenge. He was a villain, but he had redeeming qualities.

22. Sannom

Nov 14, 2011
    See this and this.

There is some surprisingly good stuff about Maul in the depths of the Internet. We still mostly get the usual discussions about power levels, but sometimes something good comes out.

Dathomir-Witch and Sudooku like this.
  23. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Hi Sannom,

You are a real truffle seeker. Thanks for these two gems of Star Wars commentary. :)

Regarding Anakin, Obi-Wan had the high ground. Regarding Maul he had risen above some certain trivial pursuits.

24. Brandon G

Apr 20, 2015
    Well unfortunately he still remained a DARK SIDE USING LUNATIC who cause a lot of pain & trouble for a lot of people![face_frustrated]

25. Shadowcatcher

Oct 30, 2017
    Yes he did. And now, it's too late for him.