main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  2. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Does this game have any maps besides those on Kachiro beach? Because if so I've not seen them...

B99 and heels1785 like this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    There's supposedly now a "dusk Naboo" map in GA. Has anyone seen it?

vw_jedi likes this.
  4. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Yeah I've been on it a few times. It seems that the Clone Commander's dialogue when playing as the Republic is a bit different depending on which time of day you're playing on too.

heels1785 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  5. coervus

coervus Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 31, 2017
    19 other players on your side want and deserve to play a hero, too. Them's the breaks. For GA to allow more hero characters on the field at once would make teamplay suffer, imo. If I want to play a hero, I'm playing HvV.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Remind me again what the purpose of unlocking any and all of the heroes are if the only way the typical casual player would be able to use them is in HvV; when they're all available anyway?

7. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    I got first in a Galactic Assault match! Though it was only with almost 14,000 points, which make me wonder if it was more me playing well or everyone else not.
    Starfighters for me still seem to be complete lag-fests, which means I usually avoid them when I can. There was also something weird going on, as I didn't have any radio chatter in any of the matches I played - even at the beginning and end of a match.
    Hurry up and just give us Galactic Assault on solo-play like you did with Walker Assault in the first game.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It took me 10 hours before I saw Hoth.

vw_jedi likes this.
  9. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    No, but i've seen Tatooine at night. Once. Heh..

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    heels1785 likes this.
  10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Dusk map variants aren't gonna cut it with me EA.

bluealien1 likes this.
  11. coervus

coervus Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 31, 2017
    I'm not sure exactly what you expect then if you say it's not as meaningful to play readily available heroes in HvV. It's more meaningful to play a hero in GA because it is a limited opportunity, but ... you want that opportunity to come far more easily, every time? Again, I think any solution to this issue would cause teamplay to suffer, and I don't mind the element of chance the current system relies on because it gives less skilled players a chance.

redxavier likes this.
  12. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    Or enables players to sit on the spawn screen once they have enough battle points waiting for a hero to become available. But that goes for any special unit that's usage-limited.
    No matter what system is in use, someone's got to suffer.

coervus likes this.
  13. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Really sad for me when Blast is most fun mode in the game..

14. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    They’re not. You can only play heroes you’ve unlocked in HvV.

Blast is love. It’s my escape from heroes. Just needs more maps.

Does anyone play Strikes? That’s one mode I swear I never hear anything about.

15. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Strike falls victim to unbalanced teams pretty severely, so while it's mostly fun in theory you're likely to end up being stomped every round. Some of the maps are a little unbalanced too which doesn't help things.

Blast can be great, but they need to remove the reinforcements. The wookies, even post recent nerf, can make things very difficult for the other side.

The best mode for me is still Starfighter Assault, it's a joy.

16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Once in while.. It's not that good.. imo

17. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    In my experience Strike on Mos Eisley and Endor can be good but frustrating on the other maps.

18. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Do ppl still play bf2?

19. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Depends if you mean the original BF2 or the current iteration. I think there are some severs for the old game on PC.

The playerbase of the current one is much stronger than BF2015.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Among the most frustrating and annoying things about the new game is when you're in a HvV match and one (or more) of your teammates jumps ship. I know in the previous game they allowed for people to jump into the middle of a match if there was room for more players. Why doesn't this game do that? You can't tell me that when I was playing, there was no one in the WORLD that had just signed in that would've preferred to just jump in to an existing game as opposed to wait 10 to 15 minutes to gather enough players for a new match to start.

21. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Says who? EA doesn't release numbers regarding players.

All we know is what it seems like based on anecdotal experience. It's easier to get a match in bf 2, but there's also tighter controls on how we play. Less modes, no map selection, no DLC, etc...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  22. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    I play BF 1 still (2004). What an EPIC game. I wish they'd make that with 2018 graphics. I mean can you still play that online? Will they bring it back for Xbox One/PS4 Pro with backwards compatibility? It's like they deliberately haven't made those two games operational no the new consoles?

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm really liking the campaign with Iden. Without delving into spoilers,
    Do you think we'd ever get the option of playing as her in the Rebels outfit?
    [​IMG]

B99 likes this.
  24. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Yeah, nighttime Kashyyk![face_party]

Played tonight and..... Laggy as ****, got my tie fighter blown up outta nowhere from X-ing and didn't get a daily login crate. Which who cares.

vw_jedi likes this.
  25. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    My new favorite glitch: spawn in and weapons are already in cool down as if you used them. But you didn't. o_O

B99 likes this.