main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    @Rhyoth just one thought: the FO has not become a new empire yet in the movie. It says Snoke is deploying his forces across the galaxy and will take control of the main systems within a couple of weeks. So the new empire is not built yet and it will depend on JJ's story.

Also the Republic is not becoming the empire. It was destroyed and now there's nothing, just a vacum waiting to be filled and the FO is the biggest fleet in the galaxy. If they take the main systems and hyperspace lane that will make them de facto the rulers of thr galaxy indeed. We may see that in ep9 but maybe there'll be something different this time?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  2. Darth Nikean

Darth Nikean Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 30, 2016
    I know this doesn’t belong here but why did Carrie have to die . And every time I see the movie I ask here . I wonder what here reaction would be to this movie

TadoFett likes this.
  3. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
  4. vaderito

vaderito Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2016
    clickbait of the highest order. "who knows?" LOL, that was informative.

I could see him appear in a flashback/nightmare/Forceback cameo but not as a bigger player.

5. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

Sep 16, 2015
    exactly, he didn't even spoke to JJ who's writing the story so he doesn't know. And even if he knows (that he's back or not) he's not gonna tell us so....this article is BS.

6. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    The only thing I ask of JJ is he doesn't think of reasons to not put good things in the movie.

RJ: I wanted to have Luke actually fight Kylo but his Xwing was under water. (Ever seen Empire Strikes Back? I'm sure he figured out how to get an Xwing out of water in the last 30 years.)
    RJ: I didn't think someone talking about Snoke's backstory would fit in the movie. (Make it fit, you're the damn director. You found a way to fit the useless Canto Bite segment). I overall liked The Last Jedi but I think an actual fight at the end and information on Snoke would have made it 10 times better and quited alot of criticism.

Darkspellmaster and Darth Smurf like this.
  7. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

Sep 16, 2015
    and what about those who thought that having Luke "project" himself through the galaxy and thus making him less of a warrior and more or a spiritual wise master was more "badass" than yet another lightsaber battle? Luke didn't even attack Ben. And yet defeated him morally, physically and symbolicaly. I call that being the greatest Jedi ever.

As you see we all want different things. So how can the director.writer knows what he has to do? because either one of us is right and the other is wrong...or it's all too subjective and the only possibility is to make YOUR movie (when you're hired by Lucasfilm of course).

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  8. Lucillalin

Lucillalin Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 10, 2016
    I also find The Resistance to be boring, but in all honesty, so were the Rebels most of the time. In fiction evil is just more interesting. And in the end the good wins. To quote Agatha Christie's Pale Horse:
    "It came to me suddenly that evil was, perhaps, necessarily always more impressive than good. It had to make a show! It had to startle and challenge! It was instability attacking stability. And in the end…stability will always win. Stability can survive the triteness of Good Fairy Diamond; the flat voice, the rhymed couplet, even the irrelevant vocal statement of “There’s a winding road runs down the hill, To the olde world town I love.” All very poor weapons it would seem, and yet those weapons would inevitably prevail."

9. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    Because he had a stupid reason for his decision. He said he did it that way because he couldn't get off the island. If his reason was as you stated then sure.

10. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    If Luke actually fought Kylo in person the problem arises that Luke is the hero and has to win (or everyone will be upset).

Star war likes this.
  11. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    I wouldn't, he would go out like Old Ben. Things happen and the story must go on.

12. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    Imagine if the prequels came out first. Obi Wan would have been in Luke's shoes and everyone would have been butthurt when Vader killed him.

13. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Isn't there a TLJ review thread somewhere else?

14. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    This was about JJ and episode 9 but thanks for your input tough guy

15. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I would say Luke actually fighting Kylo would have made the movie ending quite better IMO.

16. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

Sep 16, 2015
    "stupid reason" sounds like precise constructive critic, absolutely not subjective don't you think? Anyway, back to ep9 rumours....

the movie is supposed to start shooting in 4 months, i suppose they have first drafts already written...when will we learn who returns for ep9 and who don't? Of course we know about most of them, but there's still doubts about Mark Hamill (very likely but in which capacity? a couple of scenes or more?) KMT (very likely), BDT (quite unlikely but who knows), Lupita N'Yongo (possible for yet another cameo part, or maybe they won't even bother), Gwendoline Christie (don't think so, not much to do with her character) and Andy Serkis (very unlikely IMO, but i would be nice to have it confirmed he's not in it)

As for the locations, i suppose we won't hear about them before it's happening. I remember learning about Dubrovnik only after the start of principal photography. And bolivia much mich later towards the end of shooting. But we heard about Abu Dhabi for TFA a month or two before they went there if i remember correctly.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    Satipo likes this.
  17. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I think they need to trim the cast down to its bare essentials. The hero trio, Ben and Luke. Sure you can have a snap Wexley and Lt. Connix here and there but we don’t need additional characters like DJ or even possibly Hux or Rose. As much as I want Phasma back because she is the immortal I don’t mind if she isn’t back either.

The focus needs to be 100% on the conclusion of these characters. Others are only going to be a distraction and dilute it.

dekaneas likes this.
  18. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

Sep 16, 2015
    i agree they should focus on a limited amount of characters but who knows, if the story calls for it i don't mind new supporting characters like DJ and Holdo in TLJ or Yoda in ESB. Also, while i agree it will focus on Rey, Poe Finn on one side and Ben on the other side, TLJ made it clear that they can't just write off Hux and Rose. Hux can be Ben's antagonist inside the FO and Rose may or may not join the main trio as the fourth hero the way Lando was in ROTJ, but we'll see. And Luke? Im sure we'll see him but whether it's more like Kenobi in ESB and ROTJ or something more important is yet to be seen...

cwustudent likes this.
  19. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    In the way Luke got a pep talk on Dagobah, how about Maz (and ghost Luke, ofc) giving Rey a pep talk before the final confrontation. Perfect opportunity to explain how Maz got the (now broken) saber ...on Cloud City ...where's Lando?
    (And bcs I like Maz's dirty sense of humor.)

20. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    I must admit, I loved TLJ's final duel. Luke embraces the best of himself by stalling Kylo Ren without any chance of actually hurting his former apprentice. Yet that action does more damage than anything Rey, or Finn or the whole of the Resistance did to Kylo throughout two films. Luke final act HUMILIATED Kylo Ren in so many ways. It showed Kylo as weak and ineffective before the whole of the First Order, it sparked rebellion in the hearts of the downtrodden, it saved the Resistance and imparted one last lesson to both his students "Where you are in your connection to the force...is only the beginning".

In fact, what I really want is a one to two season animated series detailing Luke's adventures before he took apprentices. Show me Skywalker traveling a galaxy in turmoil, seeking out knowledge, helping people, and becoming the Master I see at the end of TLJ.

21. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    this with Mark voiceing luke.

22. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    I would LOVE that.... but not sure Mark would be up for such a commitment.

Demsa Aztor likes this.
  23. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yep, I think this is one thing that all SW fans (or most) can agree on for the next animated series. Between ROTJ and TFA (will probably be set shortly after ROTJ, though), with, as has been said above, Hamill voicing Luke. I know fans should never act entitled, but I genuinely think this needs to happen.

cwustudent likes this.
  24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    We have just posted a new rules and policy thread. Everyone should take a look:
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...es-and-policies-thread-2018-edition.50048371/

This part in particular:

Make no mistake from here on out the staff here will be vigilant and absolutely unforgiving in its enforcement of this rule. Above all else these forums are meant to be a fun place to discuss Star Wars but for far too long they've been little more than a cesspool. No more. If you want to rant endlessly about how awful the films were or if you refuse to hear any kind of criticism about them I have only one thing to say... go get your own blog and post there. If you wish to engage in constructive conversation that remain respectful of one another then please stay. There is no middle ground. This is how it's going to be. To paraphrase a certain campaign slogan... We're Gonna Make the Forums Fun Again!

25. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    @Darth Chiznuk

Incorrect! It’s a steal on a steal.

We had “Make Trivia Great Again!!!”

Come up with your own original stolen slogan. Or something.

Much love,
    The Purveyors of Trivia!!!

PS: to the participants, try not to forget to answer this week. Only those with four or more points move on to round two!

/shameless ST trivia promotional post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.