main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Shaak (Thick Cow-like Creatures on Naboo AOTC) Fanclub

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth Visor, Feb 3, 2018.

Tags:
?

Would you ride a Shaak?

1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Visor

Darth Visor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 25, 2018
    Hello,

This is a Fanclub for anyone who has a strong love for these delightful AOTC beasts.

[​IMG]

2. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I think someone should make a video of their huge butts bouncing to this song:

3. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    What is it about shaak's that you like?

4. Darth Visor

Jan 25, 2018
    Agreed.

Imagine me. A child. A rather heavy child. Don't have a lot of friends at school. Most kids don't look past my weight when talking to me. I dread going to school every day. I spend at least an hour in the nurse's office every morning trying to get away from my merciless classmates. Life is rough. Brutal. And I am depressed. This goes on for over a year.

I get home one day from a particularly bad day at school. It was raining that day, and for the few days before that too. The walk to school is miserable. For someone as out of shape as I was, the walk to my school made me feel like an elephant trudging through a swamp. The kids from the wealthier, bourgeois homes arrive to school in their parent's black cadillacs. They get to class with nary a drop of water on them. And there I am: plump as a butterball, soaked as a sponge, and devastated by class envy-- the perfect target for their merciless ways.

Slam!

"How was school, son?" My mother calls from the kitchen.

Do I tell her? Do I tell her how the children torment me? Turn me into their plaything!? No. I stop myself. I cannot let her worry. "It was fine, mother, dearest," I say, walking into the kitchen.

She can still see it about me. The sunken and defeated drum of my footsteps. The way I cannot meet her gaze. The way I seem to pass into my living room as if I was a ghost. The way I sink into the couch. Tears well in my eyes. My mother sits next to me and offers me the bowl of spring rolls she had been slaving away crafting in the kitchen for hours.

The first bite... The deliciousness... it softens the wound but not the scars...

"What is it my child?" She runs her hands softly through my hair. I tense up at first thinking back to the pain of a school yard slap, but then I remember who it is that rubs my hair. "Do you want to watch your favorite movie to cheer up?"

I hear the delightful sound of Attack of the Clones being rewound in the VCR. It goes to my favorite scene. The rolling hills of Naboo. So far away from the dreary, rainy place I live. And there they are. The most beautiful creatures I've ever seen.

I turn to my mother, "Mother?"

"Yes son?"

"If they're so large and yet so beautiful, surely, I can be the same way too right?"

"Of course, my son." She rubs my hair again. This time I am loved and at peace.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  5. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    I like 'em.

Though I always thought they looked like giant ticks/fleas.

So I call them....Flicks :p

6. Darth Visor

Jan 25, 2018
    Good name! I like that!

7. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Shaak Ti's parents suddenly seem a lot more cruel...

Darth Visor likes this.
  8. Darth Visor

Jan 25, 2018
    This is a hilarious addition, but it also raises an interesting idea for discussion:

Perhaps Shaak Ti is named that way because some peoples in the Star Wars universe revere them in the same way that peoples in Nepal and India revere cattle.

You have to remember we know very little about Shaaks. They only ever appear briefly in two films, and in the Clone Wars TV show.

One interesting tidbit I can see skimming Wookieepedia is that it appears as a toy in Rogue One. Maybe this means that knowledge of Shaaks is common, even beyond Naboo. They are also apparently mentioned in the Thrawn novel and in one of the Poe Dameron comics, which seems to further back this up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.