main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Things you want to see in Solo: A Star Wars Story

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , Jul 22, 2016.

1. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Have you guys seen this? It's 5 things that this dude does NOT want to see in the film. I'm wondering why he even likes Star Wars because pretty much everything he mentions I DO want to see. And I'm a 40 year old guy. Lol

2. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    I would like to know a little more of his family if any. Hutts of course. Scoundrelism. Crazy pilot skills. Lando showing his reliability so that the betrayal in ESB is shocking. What a parsec actually means to star wars and of course the kessel run.

But most of all, wookie, wookie, wookie, wookie. The MIGHTY Chewbacca....thats what im looking forward to the most.

Trikuza23 likes this.
  3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I want to see some reference to crazy hokey religions- like some cult or fake-jedi whatever, so Solo has some reason not to believe in the Force in universe where Force exists in every living thing. I think Mimban might be center of some force-stuff (there are kyber-crystals in EU)which Empire goes to destroy, maybe church of the force or something that has been seen before could convene there, they do believe in the Force and talk about it- but cannot use it, at least not very effectively, so Han would think it is just "simple tricks and nonsense". I sure want to see the Force and Kessel Run in the movie, but latter is pretty much confirmed.

What I don't want to see is Jedi or Sith, if Han would run into Vader etc. and still hold that attitude that Force is nothing but nonsense that would be ridiculous.

I want to see familiar aliens: twi'leks, rodians, weequays, trandoshans, duros, nikto and hutts. Cameo of Cad Bane or Hondo Ohnaka would be awesome but unlikely, maybe in the background, or as a mention. Boba Fett is not necessary really, but cameo wouldn't ruin the movie for me. I think he deserves own spin-off as fan-favorite. Dengar however would be excellent addition, since in EU he used to race with Han Solo and holds personal grudge against him for accident or something(The Clone Wars showed him as bounty hunter before that though so that story is likely gone from canon).

4. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I'd like to see IG-88 and maybe Bib Fortuna

5. Darth Vain

Darth Vain Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2016
    How about a scene on Tatooine where Han's moving through a crowd and they pass a middle aged woman talking to 10 year old child carrying a toy Wamp Rat - "Come on Luke, we have to be heading back - Uncle should be finished dusting the crops" The camera swivels as they move away and an old man in robes enters the shot and shuffles after them. Next we see Han passing a stall with various items for sale, his eyes alight on a bull whip and a strange look passes over his face - the first four notes of the Indy theme can faintly be heard.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Is Maz going to be in the movie? I'd like to know how/when she first met Han; as well as her "boyfriend" Chewie.

3sm1r likes this.
  7. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Maz is Emilia Clarke (Kira). She will have a Sheev like face off with Mace Windu that will change her appearance.
    To honor Mace's job on changing her look she will change her name to Maz

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Will she shrink too?

Darth Smurf likes this.
  9. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Obviously

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  10. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Before yesterday, I would not have said GIANT TENTACLED CTHULHU SPACE MONSTER, but now I can only say GIANT TENTACLED CTHULHU SPACE MONSTER!

11. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Honestly, I'm 100 % with him.

12. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Since Rogue One was brave enough to get rid of the opening crawl, I want to see Solo get rid of the iris out/same finale music as every other movie. Do something new there too, I'm tired of the same ending music.

13. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    I want exactly the opposite [face_laugh]

14. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    The big reveal will be that Cthulhu is the father of Bor Gullet.

15. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    You want the crawl back? [face_thinking]

16. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Yes, all of it.

17. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I think it should be reserved for the main saga to preserve it's specialness... Spinoffs should be an opportunity to do something new, outside of the limitations of the main saga. :)

18. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    I completely agree. SW is already losing some of its "specialness" by having new movies every year, let's not dilute it even further by putting opening crawls on every movie.
    As for the iris out & ending music-- I could go either way on that. At least with Solo, it's unlikely we'll hear the force theme segue into the closing credits theme, like we did in the past several saga films.

DL44Jo and 11-4D like this.
  19. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    It's something special for me. Sitting down in the theatre, seeing the Lucasfilm logo, Once upon a time ..... and then BANG!

You can call me crazy, but thats the way I see it. No need to share my childish SW-fetish :p

20. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    Maz
    "Great kid, Don't get cocky"
    "What do we have here?"
    Greedo
    Sana
    Expansion of Force hoki-ness
    No need for Vader - a mention would suffice
    Jabba
    Boba
    Good acting
    Nar Shadaa
    Corellia
    Han being a rogue
    Lando Lando Lando
    A game of Sabaac

21. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    Oh, I get it. It's special for me, too. And that's why I don't want it to be used too often, because then it would stop being special (it's like when kids say they wish EVERYDAY could be Christmas, when in fact, that would just get really tedious.)

DL44Jo and 11-4D like this.
  22. Clint Bevis

Clint Bevis Jedi Padawan

Jan 16, 2018
    - Kessel run
    - Chewie's life debt to Han
    - Han running into smuggling trouble with the Empire
    - Han getting into trouble with Jabba
    - I would like an ending scene that runs straight into A New Hope (ala Rogue One), even if we need a time skip to make it happen. I.E. Han and Chewie end up on Tatooine at the cantina where they have to lay low for a while

23. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Not sure if it has been mentioned already (VFX should be in production at this time, right?), but:

I'd love to see the Corellian shipyards lay down the keel for Vader's Executor Super Star Destroyer. =P~

(wouldn't mind an extended visual tour, but already a clear background shot would be great...:D)

HAN I've outrun Imperial starships, not
    the local bulk-cruisers, mind you.
    I'm talking about the big Corellian
    ships
    now.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    DL44Jo, Trikuza23, wobbits and 2 others like this.
  24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Han doesn't need to have been chased by the Executor or one of its sisters - regular Star Destroyers built at Corellia are enough to qualify.

Given that almost the first thing we are told about Lando is that he's a card player (followed by the fact that Han won the Falcon from him) - it made sense that Han won the Falcon in a card game.

A card game that uses dice as well (once we got confirmation that dice were involved) is an acceptable compromise.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  25. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Out of the stuff that we don't already know is in there, and assuming Jabba is or at least looms large over some events, I'd say...

Greedo. Most of the other known "personal" characters and events related to Han are given. Greedo obviously had a personal grudge (in a way that Fett didn't) and I think it would be cool to see a Rodian (THE Rodian) as a major character who gets some story beats and development.

DL44Jo likes this.