main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Thorn058

Thorn058 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2008
    Saw it during the superbowl. Chills for a minute afterwards

It Is Your Destiny likes this.
  2. It Is Your Destiny

It Is Your Destiny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2014
    They're fantastic! =P~

Great game. Now I must watch the teaser over and over and over...

3. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Kriff yeah! I am so watching that when it comes out!

4. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Did Lando have a BEARD? (Beard Wars 2...)

5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Now we just need sombody to change the background musik to I'm Han Solo

Halle Dray likes this.
  6. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Yes, both the trailer and game were epic last night.

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    there was a game?

Halle Dray and Ewok Poet like this.
  8. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Weird sport, that one. I watched a game between somebody and Green Bay Packers with @glitteryboots back in...I think it was October or something and it was fun - I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING. Then my friend Jordi, the one who registered here two months ago, but never posted because he's a slacker extraordinaire, spent an hour explaining me all the rules. I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING. [face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl] Gimme the real football aka soccer. :p As long as Neymar Jr. is not playing - he's a persistent source of irritation. [face_not_talking]

Anyway, had a great time with my bestie yesterday. She stayed for some 2.5 hours, ate some of our leftover slava food and talked to us. Judi spent the whole time on her lap, licking her, playing with her and stealing crumbs from her plate. Then my friend insisted that we take a long walk around the city centre before she goes home. I thought okay, we took the dog and...

...then ended up in front of the house her platonic crush lives in. Two glasses of red wine were apparently enough to make her uninhibited and super-honest about how she sees her future with that man, as opposed to her emotionally distant, cold, alcohol abusing husband. And this is heartbreaking in so many ways. But I want her and her son, who turns ten on 25th of this month, to be happy - whatever it takes.

Mmm, what kind thereof? :D

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    mavjade likes this.
  9. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Welcome to fanfic @Halle Dray !

Yeah, the Super Bowl (Superb Owl!) was pretty good, though I spent most of it playing with a five year old who told me I need to have a baby right now. [face_laugh]

Briannakin , Lady_Misty and Ewok Poet like this.
  10. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

mavjade likes this.
  11. Flyboy240

Flyboy240 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 6, 2017
    After an absolutely insane few months, I'm back!

My job didn't really work out, the pay was really good but the stress was about to kill me. Now I've got a much more relaxed job.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  12. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Welcome to fanfic @Halle Dray and nice to see you again @Flyboy240 - sorry the job didn't work out but I'm glad you got another one.

As for me, we had a blizzard yesterday, which kinda waylaid my plans to hang out with people (and to grab milk), so I ended up having to go get groceries today. The only problems were that it was -25C and the roads were not plowed. Why do I live here?

jcgoble3, Halle Dray and Ewok Poet like this.
  13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    It's one of those days when the brain is like LOLNOPE. I did walk the dog twice and bought newspaper, Pepsi Max, baked potatoes and handkerchieves, but other than that, I just sat around and it took me hours to write a single fanfic comment. I'm all foggy, everything is a distraction OMG HOTPINK SCISSORS ON THE TABLE and I drink more water than the thing Finn drinks with in TFA. On top of it, I was rude to a close friend for no real reason and I appear to be unable to count my own nominations in the awards thread. First grade math is haaaaard. =D=[face_plain]

And this happens for about 7-10 days every month. And then my doctor assures me that PMDD is not a medically valid diagnosis. Like, spend three weeks being useful and ten days being useless and you'll agree with me, daughter of a mooka! :rolleyes:

Halle Dray likes this.
  14. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Thanks for the welcome everyone!!

Oof.. I’m sorry for you @Ewok Poet that sounds pretty horrible!!

15. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    @Halle Dray - Thanks. @};-[face_love]

If necessary, I'll go to the doctor on Wednesday morning, when she's at the outpatient unit and demonstrate how I get magically irritated and tired once per month. She keeps on insisting that my depression-related diagnosis is "reoccurring mild depression", but now that I got a horrible medicine out of my system (long story short, I was initially misdiagnosed with bipolar and treated with Abilify, which I had weird physical reactions to), the tiredness, irritability etc. are gone for 21 days and back for 10 days, over and over, just like it used to be.

Just checked. As of this year, it has its own specific code: https://snag.gy/G8xiet.jpg

Like, woman, talk to other doctors that treat me. Cooperate. The irritability and occasional lack of concentration, I can deal with it. But these sleep and fatigue episodes are highly annoying.

Halle Dray likes this.
  16. Thorn058

Jul 28, 2008
    Spiders or other large bugs?

Gamiel likes this.
  17. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    W...what? O_O

18. Thorn058

Jul 28, 2008
    this is a dumb question but have they ever checked for Lyme disease? I mean the cyclical nature fits some of Bipolar disorder but with out the mood swings, periods of intense mania or rapid cycling I wouldn't say it screams bipolar.

Halle Dray and Ewok Poet like this.
  19. Thorn058

Jul 28, 2008
  20. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I don't have bipolar, I was eventually diagnosed as borderline, petulant subtype, which fits like a glove. But the period during which the doctor tried to convince me I had it was like hell. I believed that I would die young. She also mistook a combo of sleep paralysis and a caffeine overdose for an episode of psychotic mania and when we eventually figured it out, she laughed. Well, it was not funny to me. It still isn't. Losing a year of life, since Abilify takes ages to get out of the system and I can forget that 2017 ever existed, is not funny.

PMDD has the kind of cycling that's shorter than any kind of bipolar cycling and no mania or hypomania present - just normal behaviour for about three weeks and mild depression for 7-10 days.

No Lyme, but I do have an organic condition, PCOS, which inevitably influences everything else.

EDIT: YIKES. YIKES. YIKES. We only have hornets when it comes to scary things. THAT SPIDER WILL BE IN MY NIGHTMARES.

EDIT #2: Some people drink, some take drugs, I drink two huge bottles of Pepsi Max and then wonder why I am convinced of an onset of a biological war started by Aleksandr Lukashenko. And yes, that happened when I drunk five litres.

21. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    No, just rabid moose and bears. So yeah that's why I live here. And life is cheap here.

22. Thorn058

Jul 28, 2008
    I have had mental health professionals try to tell me Bipolar isnt a genetic trait that can be passed on to family members but I beg to differ. My younger brotherwas diagnosed first then my older brother, then my dad, my nephew(older brother's oldest son), my niece(sister's oldest) and looking at my paternal grandfather''s behavior he almost certainly was. But no it has no genetic traits that are passed on.

23. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Speaking of spiders, I like catching them and identifying them for absolutely no reason other than I'm a huge science nerd.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Gosh, that's almost like a curse. :( I hope that all these people can manage the condition well? During the time I was misdiagnosed with bipolar, I read and watched a lot of stuff, I met actual bipolar people and now I absolutely feel for them - it sounds like a bloody awful thing to live with. :( People say that personality disorders are harder to manage... LOLNOPE. Most people are in partial remission by their thirties and full remission by their forties. We can un-learn our behaviour, but bipolar people cannot unlearn their chemical imbalance and whatnot.

Not to mention that now that I know everything about various psychotic disorders, I will be in fear of getting one all my life, though they rarely ever appear in people over 35. I had a funny episode of sleep paralysis in December - it's somewhere in this thread - and I was mortified.

As you can expect, nobody in my family had bipolar, but many people showed or show the signs of personality disorders, so it's not a surprise I have one of those. My dad was a typical, typical narcissist. My mom (who I hope won't see this :p) has some of the borderline symptoms such as fear of abandonment and black and white thinking, but not the "OMG" ones such as impulsiveness and self-harm - she probably wouldn't fulfill the criteria, but yeah, I copied those maladaptive patterns.

25. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014