main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Been playing Assassin's Creed Origins for a couple weeks now.

Jesus H. Tapdancin' Christ is this game huge. The map is absolutely massive. I'm not quite a Completionist, but I do try to do the vast and overwhelming majority of side activities. I've barely played any of the mainline missions. I've just been clearing sections of the map and doing side quests. I'm up to level 25, and I feel like I'm maybe not even 25% through the map. It is stunning how much side content there is. I've largely lost my patience for stealth at this point after taking forever to painstakingly clear several 3-arrow (or whatever the symbols are) forts without being seen or caught. Now I just Rambo my way through any fort/hideout, especially the lower-level ones.

heels1785 and darkspine10 like this.
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    That's your best option - truly. This game really rewards exploration, careful exploration I should emphasise.

Plus the design of the world is incredibly.

The only weakness of the game for me is it sets up this wonderfully involved open-world combat system, combining covert and overt options, but then tends to stay away from it on its main quest as much as possible. Very, very weird but it means the real fun lies in sidequests (some of which impact quite majorly) and exploration.

Oh yeah and Batman-style preparation is a must.

heels1785 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    After reading some impressions/reviews of Dragon Ball FighterZ and Monster Hunter World, I came to the conclusion that neither of those games were for me and decided instead to plop down $60 on Full Metal Furies, Iconoclasts, and Celeste. Sadly enough, all three underwhelmed me. [face_dunno] At least FMF is fun if you can get 1-3 friends together for some co-op brawling.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I just received Dragon Ball Xenoverse as a Gamefly Rental. I've never been a follower of the anime, but I saw video of the fighting game online along with the special character creator so I thought I'd give it a try. There aren't many options to choose from (clothing wise) from the start, but at least if you play the game enough more things open up. I'll probably play it for a few days before returning it.

5. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    Portal Knights, it is good so far, it feels like a mix between Minecraft, Elder Scrolls and the Nintendo Mii characters.

Life likes this.
  6. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. I'd actually owned this game for years and never got around to playing it, despite all the great things I heard about it. Now that the sequel is fast approaching, I figured I'd better hop to it, and boy am I glad I did. I'm around six hours in and it has been great so far. The story is engaging and the gameplay is a nice action-RPG/Pokemon mix that hooked me from the start. It's one of those games that makes me want to call in sick to work and just spend a solid day doing nothing but playing it. Really impressed, can't wait to play more.

Ahsoka's Tano and Life like this.
  7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Too many things at once. Dragon Ball FighterZ, UFC 3, and trying to stay focused on the fantastic Horizon: Zero Dawn.

8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm impressed that it isn't hogging all your game time!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Ahsoka's Tano and heels1785 like this.
  9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I grew up as a kid being allowed 30 min to an hour of game time a day, and a weird tendency that I've developed as an adult (probably borne as a habit of my patterns growing up) is that I can't sit down for long, drawn-out sessions.

It's conducive to fighting and sports games, makes games like Skyrim and HZD harder to complete. :p

Jedi Ben likes this.
  10. Darth Visor

Darth Visor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 25, 2018
    I've been playing Prey, and oh my dear Lord, I love this game. I love the setting, and the abilities, and how much freedom it gives me. Second only to Breath of the Wild from last year.

heels1785 likes this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I bought the game almost immediately when I heard it was affiliated with Studio Ghibli. I love the obvious Ghibli-related nods throughout the game. The sequel isn't directly tied to Ghibli, but it does look good nonetheless.

I have just almost all of the most popular fighting games that have come out for the PS4, but I don't really play them all that long. I'd play Street Fighter 5 just to earn some Fight Money; or play their new arcade battles. I'd play Injustice 2 to earn new gear. I haven't played Mortal Kombat X in awhile, but when I do I play it just enough to earn some spots in the Krypt. As far as sports are concerned, the only real sports game I get involved with is MLB The Show; and I've already put a pre-order for the new one.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Reynar_Tedros and heels1785 like this.
  12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I'm a big fan of the competitive fight game community - watching the events, and then playing the games poorly. But yeah, I spend a good amount of time in SFV, Tekken 7, MvC Infinite, Guilty Gear, MKX, and DBFZ. And a ton of time (by my standards) in Injustice 2, which is undoubtedly by favorite of the group. Although it's different, from the short amount of time I've spent in it, UFC 3 is miles ahead of UFC 2, so that will be a good entry into the genre.

BlazBlue and Skullgirls are really the only two that I haven't gotten into.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  13. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Assassin's Creed Origins. Good game, especially once you've levelled up considerably.

14. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Now that I've completed HZD I'm back on Witcher 3.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jedi Ben likes this.
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Started playing the Iden Versio campaign with Battlefront 2. I like her; I'm glad they decided to take this route from the Empire's perspective involving characters with conflicting issues.

16. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    The campaign had an interesting story. I think I would have been a bit confused in some places if I hadn't read the Aftermath series and Shattered Empire comic though.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well I've read neither one; and so far haven't had a problem following through. I noticed that there's already a new part to the story called "Resurrection" that opens after you complete the first one.

18. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    It's not a problem in the first half of the game but it could be in the second half. Just a little heads up.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well I'm not sure how far into the game I'm at.
    I just played as Luke on a weird planet who befriended one of the members of Iden's Inferno Squad.

20. Kynirin

Kynirin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    Well, I fried my video card a couple of days ago playing Battlefront 2. It doesn't seem to come back to life, so I'm no longer playing AC: Origins, Mass Effect Andromeda, Total War: Warhammer 2, Injustice 2, or Shadow of War. :)

I started working on Stellaris again. I had a couple of DLC there that I hadn't tried yet. The first Fallen Empire woke up a few decades ago, and currently the galaxy is feeling its effects. I started the game as humans, but now only 40% of my faction's population consists of us, the others are various kinds of aliens. It came to a point where I felt I had to start considering a name change from the United Nations of Earth to something broader. So, United Interstellar Nations for lack of better ideas. It keeps the original feel, but broadens the scope a bit, so all in all, I thought it worked out well enough. :)

21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced Edition on PS4, it was on offer for under a tenner so that's a gamble I feel happy taking.

So far, it's proven to be a very different game to anything I've played previously. Quite smart too, at least so far - only done the tutorial section and have just started exploring Cyseal.

Talking of which, this has an Explorer setting, which is much easier than the Normal mode. It's interesting that these are becoming more prevalent in games, which in turn helps them become more widely popular. You still have the likes of the Souls / Nioh games for those who want a traditional, hard-as-nails, hand-you-your-arse video game that evokes the Dara O'Briain joke, but it looks like games are moving away from that and offering more accessibility than they used to.

Ramza likes this.
  22. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I can't imagine playing D:OS on a lower difficulty setting since a lot of the appeal for me is the tactical sophistication, but it is cool that the option's available. Probably requires less build scrapping.

23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, that's probably why they created Tactician mode!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    Ramza likes this.
  24. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Playing Diablo III Reaper Of Souls, Nioh and Bloodborne at the moment (again as I have played them all before). Demons Souls will be up next to take me right up to the May release of the PS4 Enhanced Edition of Dark Souls (then I guess Ill have to play Dark Souls II & III again).

Next week Ill buy Kingdome Come Deliverance.....and future purchases this year will be Final Fantasy VII Remake, Code Vein & Divinity Original Sin 2.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  25. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    Shadow Warrior (2013)

Got it on Xbox GWG and despite me already having a backlog I was interested enough in this one to start it now. It's a fun classic style shooter like the recent Doom and Wolfenstein games. There's also humour from time to time too which I like in games.