main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Emilia Clarke (Qi'ra) in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by starocean90, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    If they can get children with age of 60 on earth, the SW galaxy can do so as well.

2. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I have no problem with Han having a love interest. People are allowed to get laid before finding their spouse :p

I just want her to have more to do than stare lovingly at Han and flirt.

3. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    We need to make a thread where people guess Qi'ra answer just like with RO Vader and Krennic dialogue. Hopefully, they won't delete the scene like in RO. :p

4. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    What do you think of EC using her normal accent? I have already seen someone complain about that. :rolleyes:

Doesn't bother me at all, just like Felicity Jones' didn't bother me in RO.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  5. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    I was convinced she would be using an American accent (to help distinguish her from her most famous role...) but I guess keeping the English makes her different from Leia. Emilia will do a great job, and really doubt Kasden will mess up the character or have her tread on Leia's toes. He has respect for both the characters and the fans.

6. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Kasdan has said he didn't really like Han and Leia as a couple and broke them up in TFA, so I don't really think he'd care if he undermined their love story. That said, given that Kasdan did Indiana Jones, I hope Qi'Ra is more like a Marion Ravenwood Indy girl type than "soulmate eternal love" kind of romance since Kasdan's more used to the former.

7. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    It's fine with me. I'm enjoying the streak of GoT connections (I think Ian McElhinney was underutilized in R1) and this is the biggest one yet. But I also won't be too distracted, or taken out of the film, because of the accent.

wobbits likes this.
  8. Miriedis

Miriedis Jedi Master star 3

May 23, 2015
    I don't care. I am now finding it kind of annoying that Kathleen Kennedy seems incapable of picking anyone but white, British, brunette leading ladies, however...

Jedi Merkurian and unicorn like this.
  9. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    http://www.vulture.com/2018/02/maybe-star-wars-should-go-easy-on-the-british-brunettes.html

I actually don't mind Emilia Clarke but I would have been more excited for Qi'ra's character if it had been the other actresses who auditioned for it like Tessa Thompson or Zoe Kravitz. Plus SW has never done an interracial main romance, so that would have been kind of cool to see. I'm sure Emilia will be fine, I just have a soft spot for Tessa Thompson/Zoe Kravitz from their other work.

10. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Yeah the accent thing is okay for me but like others said I kind of want them to differentiate eventually. Daisy, Emilia and Felicity can do American accents decently and I was kind of hoping they'd let Emilia be American to be different. Unless she's got an Imperial background which could be the reason for it and that wouldn't be a bad reason. Maybe a change of hair colour as well. Interesting the choice of purple as her background on the poster given we had the purple colour with Holdo.

Still though I like some of the choices of costumes like the cape she has and I hope these aren't just disguises and maybe she'll adopt them for her character but we are seeing her at various parts and it's hard to tell when some scenes take place. I even was confused and thought that wasn't her in the scene with the black dress person turning around. That's her too it's just her makeup is done different I guess.

Of course we don't know what her fate will be but I wouldn't mind her not being killed off for the sake of drama even if I found Rogue One's decision bold to kill the characters but I don't want that to become a recurring thing for spin off exclusive characters who don't appear in the OT or ST. Rogue One made sense since it was a team on a mission movie and they had to ultimately die so the mission could be accomplished. Just because Qi'ra doesn't appear in the OT that doesn't mean something happened where her and Han departed on good or bad terms and we just don't mention her in the OT because there isn't any need for it but she could come back in a comic book or novel or something. Beckett could go either way but my guess is he won't live till the end.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see as we learn more soon I imagine.

11. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    If anything it might be the opposite. She’ll say that he’s a good person.

12. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    If you go to the plot hole thread you will see that leaving anything up to the audiences may no longer be a good idea. Fans will make big online wars over this "plot hole".

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  13. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Hmmm - Her colour scheme is similar to the villains... Probably nothing.

cwustudent likes this.
  14. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    So, she's obviously going to die in this movie, right?

revan772 likes this.
  15. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Those are different though. Those are more believable as "plot holes" than this would be.

16. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Star Wars 101; She's leaving the Falcon with L3-37 (who can pilot it) and dressed in red. She's obviously posing as a representative of the evil cartel and worming her way into whatever installation she is visiting. Once inside she'll create a diversion so that L3-37 can hack into the main computer and bring the shields down.

17. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    We never know. Depends on what her character does in the story.

18. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Yeah, I guarantee if she doesn't die, some EU author will bring her back while Han is separated/having troubles in his marriage with Leia and have Han either cheat or be tempted to cheat on Leia with her. That's why so many EU authors kill off their OCs, to avoid other EU authors bringing them back and mischaracterizing them. (Though I don't get why Hadder had to die, since Jyn dies anyway at the end of Rogue One).

Are they talking about doing a sequel if Solo does well though? If there's plans for a sequel (I heard Alden signed a 3 movie contract), then I could see them keeping Qi'Ra and Beckett alive to bring back in the sequels.

19. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Agreed. The film could just end with them all going their separate ways after spending this big adventure together. That can be just as emotional as a token death scene. Rogue One didn't do anything for me emotionally either, all deaths just felt so pointless and random just because they had to die.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  20. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Her accent makes me think she’s related to Kenobi. :p

La Calavera and Darth Smurf like this.
  21. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    The new EW piece describes her as a 'femme fatale' (which fits with the film being apparently quite noir-ish), and also seems to imply she's a bit of a grifter. I'm intrigued.

Plus, her wardrobe is glorious:

[​IMG]

Between this and the outfit with the cape, the cosplay will be thriving.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  22. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I'm wondering if she's a rich girl playing with someone from the wrong side of the tracks and ultimately to her he's nothing but a passing fancy.
    When they meet again she's either an ISB Agent or Corsec and operating undercover using her charms and wiles to complete her missions.
    She tries to scare him off, but eventually discovers he's her best means to get close to her target (Beckett) who is using both Han & Lando to pull off a heist but she alerts her superiors who prepare an ambush.
    However Beckett has a mole using Han & Lando as a diversion but amazingly they escape eventually figuring out Beckett played them and go after him.
    Qi'ra uses Han to capture Beckett and reveals her true identity as an agent.
    If she's Corsec she lets Han go as it's Beckett she's after, but if she's ISB either she or more likely her superior orders Han killed but with Lando & Chewie's help he escapes.
    This forces him to head out into the Outer Rim, whilst there is a relationship link Qi'ra isn't Leia and plays an important part in why Han behaves like he does in ANH.
    I'd rather she be more a nemesis or rival someone Han learns shouldn't be trusted but that doesn't stop him being heroic even if she isn't worth the trouble he still demonstrates he's better than her thereby builds his reputation.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  23. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    EW says they grow up together on the streets of Corellia and that he falls head over heels in love with her. It's not clear if that happens when they're both kids, or later on when they meet up again. It looks like they're going for the Bria Tharen route of "Han was cynical and bitter in ANH because his heart was broken", which is kind of predictable, but I was expecting it.

I just hope that the movie ends their relationship instead of having her die tragically in his arms or something like that. I think it would sort of cheapen Han and Leia's later love story if they make it look like the real love of his life was Qi'Ra and they're only not together because she died.

wobbits and La Calavera like this.
  24. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I do not see any other way for her out... and since Star Wars have been killing off every loose end in almost all media, I do not think that things look well for her. I do think she will be the catalyst for Han to care about more then himself and money when ANH rolls around though.

25. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I'm calling it: Han is bitter because the love of his life turns out to be a double agent and betrays him, kills Woody etc.