main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blargxcntrl

Blargxcntrl Jedi Padawan

Nov 27, 2016
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  2. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Hope you feel better soon, it's been a rough winter season for all sorts of nasty bugs. I'll try to get back to things tomorrow (like the duel, I haven't forgotten @Kyber Acyk @Adalia-Durron ), being sick and having multiple job interviews this week has been super tiring.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    No rush honey, you just do what you have to do, he's resting I am sure! LOL Right @Kyber Acyk ??

4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Thanks for the well wishes y'all. Feeling much better, and rather well rested, now this morning. Fortunately, just a 24 hour thing, and so I'll be working on getting the update in early next week (not enough quiet time around here to write on the weekends :p ).

5. Iteote

Iteote Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2017
    Haha, me today

6. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    What's the temperature in Sweden, sounds like it is pretty darn cold over the border!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  7. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Glad you're feeling better @Bardan_Jusik.

I should have a new task for you on Monday Padawan @Gembo.

8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Good to see you survived the attack on your cells Bardan!!!

mutters . I need to do better next time.....

Sent from X Wing in Deep space.

Jedi Master Kenobiwan likes this.
  9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    A cellular assault on a simple man just trying to make his way in the universe. How unjedilike...

I approve. [face_devil]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Jedi Master Kenobiwan and Sarge like this.
  10. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Careful Master Adalia, else you end up in a cell of your own.[face_plain]

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  12. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

When good Jedi go bad. :(

:p

13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    The frenemy of my frenemy is my...frenemy? :p

Adalia-Durron and Sarge like this.
  14. Iteote

Iteote Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2017
    I don't remember how cold it was, but it's only -5°c now so it's ok, spring is coming (we hope) :) (and just because I said that it's probably going to be like -35°c tomorrow and snowstorm)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    Jedi Master Kenobiwan likes this.
  15. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    [face_laugh]

Yeah, let's hope that spring is right around the corner. We have had sun the last couple of days, arund 9°c (under the sun, but in the shade, it is around -2°c) According to the news, it is like -20°c in Oslo and around that area, lol. Glad that I'm not there! [face_relieved]

Jedi Knight Fett and Iteote like this.
  16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    The frenemy of my frenemy is my frenemy's frenemy, nothing more, nothing less.

17. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    It is totally okay Rebecca :)

DRL has been bothering me with university lately - I have two weeks to go until I head back to start my Master of Writing degree, so I have been flat out getting everything ready.

If you call getting everything ready for university resting Adalia, then yes I am ;) hehe

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  18. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    seriously, I'm not even gonna try to say that out loud...tried to say it in my head....two tries later...my brain is in knots. :p

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  19. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

Fireside Gathering
    The Prodigal Padawan

During the frosty Saridona Prime winters, many of the Guardians would often gather in the evenings around the fireplace in the spacious yet cozy Temple den. Generally one of the elders would recount an episode from the order’s history or one of the Masters would tell an anecdote with a lesson woven into its storyline, which would frequently lead to lively discussions among the community.

Snow swirled in the night air outside the nearby windows while the walls within were bathed in orange light and decorated with the bouncing shadows produced by the crackling fire.

One of the veteran Knights finally broke the silence with a request while looking in my direction…Would one of the Masters be willing to tell the story of The Prodigal Padawan? Nodding my consent, I cast a sideways smile at my fellow Masters and then began.

Once upon a time…a certain Master had two padawans…and one day, the younger of these padawans said to his Master, “I want to take a sabbatical from my training and go on a journey. Give me enough credits that I may do so.” Now, while this was not normal protocol, the boy’s Master had the intuition to grant his request. And so, a few days later, this younger padawan set off for a distant land…and there he squandered all of the credits he had on riotous living.

Now, not long after this, a great famine swept over that world…and the boy began to starve. He persuaded a farmer to hire him to feed his banthas…but he was so hungry that even the fodder he was feeding the creatures began to look good to him. And still, no one gave him anything.

Finally, the padawan came to his senses.
    “At home, even our Temple servants have enough food…and to spare, and here I am starving to death." Knowing that he had drifted off the Jedi path he thought, “I will go home and ask my Master to simply hire me as one of the servants.” And so…he set off.

Now, he was still some distance from the Temple…when his Master saw him coming. And he was so filled with compassion…that he ran towards his apprentice…and embraced him. “Master, I have betrayed the Jedi way and you…I am not worthy to be called your padawan.”

But his Master called his fellow Jedi and said…“Bring me the finest robe and prepare the Hall of Celebration for a feast. My padawan was dead…but is alive again.”

Now…the older padawan, at this time, was just returning from the forest after a vigorous day of training…and as he came back to the Temple, he heard the noise coming from the festivities. He called out to one of his fellow padawans and asked what was happening…and he was told. At this…the older padawan became very angry…and he refused to go into the Temple. The boy’s Master came out and tried to plead with him, but he wouldn’t listen.

I have trained under you all of this time, for all of these years, and never once have I disobeyed you. And in all of that time you not so much as given me a single credit so that I could have a brief holiday with my friends. My padawan brother comes back after having spent all of your credits living a decadent life, and for him you throw a party?

Please…said the Master…please, try to understand. You are always with me. You are strong in the Force and everything I have is yours, but it is right to celebrate. Your padawan brother was dead…and is alive again. He was lost…and is found.

Once the tale had been told, I leaned back against the stone hearth and quietly waited for a comment or someone to pose a question.

TAG @Rebecca_Daniels @Sarge @Anedon @Jedi Master Kenobiwan @TheSilentInfluence @BookExogorth @vncredleader @Iteote @Loth-cat @Tython Awakening @Kyber Acyk @Blargxcntrl @Gembo @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha ...and all the rest. ;)

Council TAG @Adalia-Durron @Mitth_Fisto @ConservativeJedi321 @Bardan_Jusik

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Vanora

Vanora beams with recognition as she sips her mug of Chai Vanilla tea.
    The story of the "Prodigal Padawan" is similar to one she grew up with on her home world. She loves the lessons it teaches and comments quietly:

"I love the Master's compassion and spontaneous and genuine joy and love for his wayward Padawan. He does not berate him for any lapses in judgment nor does he demand that he go through this rigorous process of regaining trust. The humility of the returning Padawan in seeking merely the position of a servant is also compelling and admirable. These stand in stark contrast to the one who has always stayed behind. He has showed loyalty and industriousness. He could have been lazy after all." Vanora raises an ironic brow. "But he is angry and his heart is closed to welcoming the other back. Even when his master pleads with him, his attitude remains stubbornly resentful."

@Ananta Chetan

21. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    IC: Tython
    @Ananta Chetan

*Sits up from drinking a frothy nectar of Altunna.

"Luckily, he showed the fortitude to recognize his own rebelliousness. The padawan may have encountered a new temptation. In his journey to escape his duties, he quickly found himself starving and isolated amongst strangers."

22. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  23. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    IC: Titus Fenton
    Fireside Gathering

Titus thought about the masters word for a moment before he answered. "I think that everyone can be redeemed through the force. Nobody is born truly evil, not even as cruel Sith as the emperor. And while one could argue that some might be so deeply corrupted by the darkside or fallen into madness that there is nothing good left to be saved I think that´s a dangerous way of thinking. It makes us Judge, Jury and Executioner in one person, evelating us into a position where we have to decided who is worth redemption and who isn´t. Cause I think if someone truly seeks redemption, no matter how deep they have fallen before, they should be given that chance, which is not to say they should be instantly forgiven or go away unpunished but turning away from them would be cruel and not the way of the Jedi. And so I think we should always at least give our enemies the offer of redemption, even if we think it is futile, even if we know they will be laughing at us, calling us weak for it. We should at least make the effort and give it a serious try. As for being redeemed through the force I think the most important thing is for the sinner to feel guilty about his mistakes, to be honestly regrettfull of what he or she has done as well as a genuine desire to attone for their sins, even if that will take up the rest of their lifes. So I think just stopping to do evil things isn´t really enough and I think an honest desire to attone and admitting of ones mistakes is the most important thing to find redemption in the force. And if I would find these traits in a person, or even see the chance they might see the light, I would defenetly try and help them to find redemption, no matter what they might have done previously."

24. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    IC: Tython

*raises a mug to that question

"The force unites and binds beings together. All of us occupy our own unique time and space throughout the galaxy. As Jedi, we want to embrace all beings with compassion and empathy, letting go of hate and negativity. If we are ever overrun with negativity towards another being, we must seek to define that negativity in a way that is constructive to all.

It is the darkside that undermines our security and well-being, stunting our growth from attaining our goals. Darkside teachings end up enslaving beings to one another. [...looks around the group for signs of approval...] While I do believe the lightside and darkside are two sides of the same coin; they define each other; we must yet learn to distinguish the two and then allow the lightside to prevail....in our communicated attitudes, thoughts, and interactions. We have been given the freewill to reach choices on our own; we must demonstrate that we are compassionate-rational beings who can distinguish right from wrong, lightside from darkside, good from bad.

Every act of compassion reverberates within this vast galaxy. It's a little bit like a 'multiplier effect;' every credit you drop in a bucket ends up generating two or more credits for more acts of kindness. In this regard, I see there being no limits to the redeeming qualities of the force. "

25. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    IC: Irishi Kenobiwan

Irishi cleared her throat, What was the reason for that the younger Padawan wanted to take a sabbatical from his training? She gave her hot tea a slowly blow before taking a small sip from it.

TAG @Ananta Chetan and everyone else

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.