main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Adalia Tehanis
    Fireside

Sitting backwards on her chair, her fingers laced along the back of the chair, he chin resting on them as she pondered Master Anantas words

There is a part of me which understands the Older Padawans feelings, it's very much like when you have two children who are chalk and cheese. You might have one who is an over achiever, who has aimed for the stars from the time they took their first steps at say 9 months of age. Then you have a child who didn't even want to take steps till 18 months old and since hasn't strived for much in the world other than to exist and just be. You spend your life in Awe of the achieving child but after time that child doesn't notice your wonderment at them, as its 'the norm'. Then when the other child does something, anything......the parent suddenly is in awe of this child and often over the top reactions appear as this child has done something out of the ordinary. The achieving child suddenly sees this and thinks 'they never reacted to me like that' when the truth is the parents have been amazed by them all along.

There is no time limit on redemption, Vader is the proof of that. There is a reason why people say 'I've seen the light', cause they literally have.

OOC This is my family right now so this is very close to home, daughter has been an over achiever all her life, still is. Son is not motivated to get out of bed, so when he does do something we react and then his sister is all 'you don't love me as much as him.' Gotta tell you all, this parenting Gig can really suck. :(

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Vanora
    Location Fireside

Vanora listens intently to Knight Fenton's reply to the question about redemption. So eloquent, she thinks with approval.

Master Tehanis' reply is also well-thought out. She ventures a reply after a pause.

"Redemption is something that is proven by actions, not just a spoken apology. It is a process to regain the trust and to prove one's genuine remorse. There must be vigilance to see if the trust is warranted or merely a sham. There must also be consequences for the one who may deviate once he /she is redeemed, to any fallout from the path of Light."

3. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Good question. Based on your own personal experience and what you have observed over the years what would be your guess?

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Adalia Tehanis
    Fireside

You know there are so many younglings out there who think if they don't go out and do things they are missing out on something. They don't know what, but they are sure the grass is greener.......and more times than I care to think about do people find the grass is only greener because its fake.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Adalia-Durron -- truer words!!!! They think they're missing something even when they are blessed and find that "on the other side", a scarcity/lack of true friends and a wounded conscience and a lot of heartache. Apt is the expression "chasing after the wind". @};-

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  6. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

Return of the Prodigal Son by Rembrandt, circa 1668, just shared by my good friend @Pensivia after viewing our topic of discussion and re-posted with her permission. The following quote is a description from the Museum that houses it:

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  8. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Trying to be an art critic here:

Look at the tattered clothing of the prodigal son. He must have been stuck somewhere through some harsh seasons.

9. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

In the OT, the roles are reversed, Luke redeems his prodigal father.

10. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    OOC: The following answer is based on RL experience and what I learned through out my 19, almost 20 years', living.

IC: Irishi Kenobiwan
    By the fire

Irishi thought for a moment before taking a another sip of her warm ginger tea. Then she stared out into the far distance. As a young person in a large world, one want to find one's place in it. And one of the way of doing exactly that is to try out different things. Another thing is that most of the younger generation use most of their times to seek out new stuff/adventures. It isn't always enough to just walk down the "society-path" that is already laid down for us younger generation, it is also important to build your own path, discover yourself; who you are, who you want to be, etc. etc. To get to the source, one just have to sometime svim against the normal stream.

Irishi took another sip of her tea and looked around the campfire.

TAG @Ananta Chetan and everyone else

11. Loth-cat

Loth-cat Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 29, 2017
    Sorry for being MIA for so long. The short but honest story is that I've been wrestling with grad-school-induced depression and it took a bit to sort out the leave of absence I'm currently taking from my program. The good news is I feel fantastic without the weight of my thesis hanging over my head, and am enjoying my strict orders to "not think about school and just have fun" for a couple months. ANYWAY, all that to say I have returned and sorry for disappearing for so long without an explanation or warning.

12. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Worry not @Loth-cat, Real Life always comes first.

But look on the bright side, you have 100 points now, and are about to begin the easy part.:p
    Being a Knight requires far less time commitment than being a Padawan.:)

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You're here and you're feeling fantastic, what more could we want?? RL bites, we all know it, so rest easy, and CJ is right, you are 100!! It gets easier now!

14. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    @Gembo

For your next task I want you to learn about the history of the Jedi Order and where it led us today. And instead of writing about it after, I want you to present it to your fellow Padawan's and their Master's. It's useful to have public speaking skills Padawan.

Edit: Forgot to add something.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  15. Iteote

Iteote Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2017
    Sorry for being so inactive (or, if I'm honest I don't know if I'm more inactive now than I use to be) but I have a lot to do, like school :)

...just so you know

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Iteote likes this.
  17. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Hochner Trevalus
    Fireside

*Buzzes softly to himself as he thinks over the replies of the others, the humorous and the thoughtful. The passion driven and the analytical.*

This reminds me of another story, of a Jedi Librarian. . .that is for another time but a thought astray brings me back to the truth of what I want to say. From the eyes of the Padawan we see path of want and desires. The pitfalls of giving into the lusts of our fleshly desires and comforts. What follows is my thoughts as though you and I together were with the Padawan on this journey.

We take everything that is to last us years and squander it so easily on sparkly things that fade faster than a candle in a stiff wind. Then we struggle to maintain, to fake, and then when that fails we scrape and herd Bantha's and even fall so far as to look at the food for even these beasts as desirous. Then, remembering that pressing and hard life we fled with rules and obligations we realized that even the lowest servants in such a life of restraint have better and do better than this Padawan that is feeding Bantha's and yet feels the pains of hunger and desire. Turning at this the lowest point that this Padawan needed to reach we set our worn out shoes toward our Master. Our clothes in tatters, our ego and desirous nature likewise worn smooth like a pebble in a stream we return feeling broken, worn out, and ready to beg for the lowliest of positions that we might be fulfilled even as those we once looked down upon and generally ignored. Only instead of needing to beg, instead of needing any words at all, we see our Master run out to us. Freezing in fear we collapse in tears and awe at the embrace. The call for celebration falls on deaf ears as we never dreamed of such a reception and acceptance.

How so when we turn truly from a wayward path we do not seek nor expect to find acceptance let alone celebration. Yet it is, for we were dead, lost in our own desires and greed, and now we are found alive with humility and acceptance!

18. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    :greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber:Trial of Courage:greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber::greensaber:

As Jedi we often face seemingly impossible choices. Part of why attachment has been forbidden is in order to make us more clearheaded in a crisis. This does not mean Jedi do not feel emotions, but rather that we are able to let people go when need be. The inability to do so has cost so many Jedi their morals.

[​IMG]

The council and all the other Jedi who frequent these boards are clashing with the Sith in our temple. You were left in command of four MC-140 Scythe class which is currently in orbit assisted by seven Shashore frigates, and twelve Sabertooths. This fleet was sent out to deal with the fighter here, unknowingly leaving Coruscant mostly open. The Galactic Alliance will be thrown into war by this fight, a Sith fleet has just been picked up heading to Coruscant, likely to destroy the main Jedi temple and senate. six Pelleon class ISDs and Three Imperious class iSDs have been engaged with the Scythe. The forces deployed to the surface are entirely Sith.

The Council cannot hold off these Sith forever. Our escape has been cut off by the Sith fleet. Your forces are currently making progress but by the time you break through, it will be to late to arrive at Coruscant. If your fleet splits then the reinforcements could assist there, but would not be enough. Your remaining ships here could win, but would not be able to break through before the Sith cruisers could break our shields and decide it would be easier to pull out and bombard us. If your fleet goes to Coruscant we will be destroyed, make no mistake about that. If you stay here entirely you will almost certainly win before they can eradicate the temple, but Coruscant will fall.

The enemy has cut off our com channels, our last orders were to abandon us and go to Coruscant. Here's your task: what will you do?

Tag: @Tython Awakening

19. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Padawan Task:

There are millions of planets in the galaxy, each with their own culture and government. As keepers of the peace, Jedi must be prepared to deal with the great variety of situations that arise on these planets. Please offer a short analysis of two different planets. Include a short description of how these planets government functions, any potential strengths or weaknesses you see in their system, and how it's government works to the benefit (or determent) of it's people.

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

And sorry for the delay in this task. Schools been difficult lately.

20. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
  21. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    Thanks Master Chetan

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks very much @Ananta Chetan -- that was a wonderful discussion :)

Tython Awakening likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    There are millions of planets in the galaxy, each with their own culture and government. As keepers of the peace, Jedi must be prepared to deal with the great variety of situations that arise on these planets.
    Please offer a short analysis of two different planets.
    Include a short description of how these planetary governments function, any potential strengths or weaknesses you see in their system, and how its government works to the benefit (or detriment) of its people.

~~~!
    I picked Bakura who was always rather independent being part of the Confederacy of Independent Systems then part of the Empire than briefly part of the New Republic then they seceeded. They are a democracy with a strong export in repulsorlift coils and the resultant technology. They neither instigate nor join strongly in the power struggles taking place throughout the worlds. This keeps them from the notice usually of adversaries except for the Ssi-Ruuk.
    Anyone negotiating with the Bakurans would need to respect their strong sense of autonomy and their ideals surrounding what they call the "Cosmic Balance."

Another world which is totally in contrast to many is Dathomir. A strongly matriarchal society made up of tribes of women who think of men strictly as subservient, they have at various times been part of the struggle literally between Light and Dark Sides as Nightsisters and Sith have vied for power and drawn the Jedi into the fray.
    Any one negotiating with the Dathomirians must have strong Force skills to withstand the peril of the Nightsisters and realize that a strong female presence/mediator would be respected more than a male negotiator/arbitrator.
    @ConservativeJedi321

@};-

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  24. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
  25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Ghost looking ........is that intentional I wonder?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.