main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Destiny & Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Oh.

Cool.

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    So, Bungie will be releasing an article on why they cannot "fix it" with certain problems - even though they said the D2 engine was designed to make quick fixes much easier than D1.

[edit]

Datto, Goth, Holtzman and a few other streamers/YouTubers have confirmed they're moving away from D2 and it will no longer be their primary game.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  3. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Easy to see that coming. Watched my 1st BYF vid yesterday and it seems he is still remaining faithful and offering advice to Bungie.

I really want to see the numbers and dollars charts after DLC2 going into next phase.

4. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, but Byf did sound heartbroken and probably knows deep down that any significant changes to the game may take some time. And during that time, the time may if not surely WILL die.

I can see where the concern he and other major Destiny Youtubers have regarding their channels. Although I can sympathize as their livelihoods are affected by this, surely, they must've foreseen that at some point that bubble would burst. This may sound callous (heh), but Youtubers for something as niche as this particular videogame should only see it as a hobby, not something that can be considered a job. And if they cannot replace one game with another, then yeah, I guess it's time they update their resumes.

At the same time, these Youtubers and streamers kept Destiny alive for nearly four years, freely advertising the game and keeping players new and old interested in the game. The announcement that their major youtubers and streamers are abandoning the game should put Bungie on panic mode - if they already weren't - and get them to fix their **** as in yesterday.

BLemelisk likes this.
  5. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Well, Bungie are potentially ****ed.

6. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I noticed the death of twitch viewership quite awhile ago. It used to be you could find hundreds of channels every weekend running Trials streams. I even friended a couple of streamers that took me to the Lighthouse on the last gasps of D1. But now? Ghost town. Same with youtube videos. It used to be that you would see many youtubers upload so many videos on a semi-daily and weekly basis. That hasn't happened since before the holidays. No, that's not quite true. Many youtubers have basically uploaded different levels of complaints concluding in farewell letters.

IMO, it was a colossal mistake of Bungie not to address the issues that would eventually hurt and later on kill the game from back when the game was first announced and people started noticing those issues. They compounded the issues with greed and putting so many endgame rewards into their ******* cash shop.

7. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    These topknots kill me every time. Thankfully the ornaments in s2 take the dumb things away for Titan and Warlock...but add one to the Hunter cloak. Sigh

8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    According to the road map, next DLC is in May.

No point touching D2 until then.

9. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah...no point at all...

That Iron Banner swag tho...

Yeah, I relapsed last night. I hate myself.

BLemelisk likes this.
  10. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    May sounds like a delay which I’m good with if so.

I’m getting so pissed off. I’m grinding away for those ornaments for 3 days straight for hour upon hour and I’m only at 11 of 25 wins. My mind is blown how I can be on this many losing teams this event. Seriously..

That melee/grenade is hard to. Only at 36% and I feel like I have done a lot of them. Wonder what ratio they set for this?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    BLemelisk likes this.
  11. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I believe HoW was released late April/early May.

[​IMG]

BLemelisk and Darth_Invidious like this.
  12. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    Feudal Japanese looking Titans for the IB ornaments hooked me hard. I've been grinding too.

AND I picked up Saint-14's shotgun, and I want Sagira's ghost shell.

Those Raid armor perks are looking fun as heck too...

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  13. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Well, this is precious...

He. Of all people. Telling us not to be jerks?

Hah. Ahahahah. Ahahahahahah! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Oh boy Luke, quite the pair you got there.

14. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Well, Luke can't tell us to **** off. We've already left.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  15. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Crimson sucks! 1st time Gunsmith ever gave me an exotic just now and it’s a POS. Though I’m not good with pistols in either game.

16. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah Crimson is garbage. A total waste of an exotic. Just like most D2 exotics.

What he should be doing is polishing off his resume instead of tweetting out mindless ****. If the franchise does not recover to the point that the viability of a D3 is uncertain, heads might and will probably roll. His will most likely be the fattest skull of the bunch.

Despite that minor relapse last week, I haven't touched the game again in days. It's just too painful. While a good number of the big Destiny youtubers are now fawning over Monster Hunter World, I wish I shared that excitement. I've tried it, but it's not for me. It just doesn't have that certain appeal that grabbed me over three years ago with Bungie's shooter. And even if Warframe does some Destiny stuff better than Destiny does, it's still not quite the same. So yeah, it's a sad and confusing time to be a Destiny fan.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I tried to play it, but I get as far as the Tower then log off.

Cannot bring myself to even go on patrol. I think I legit hate D2 and, sadly, I have to play the next DLC because I paid for it already :(

18. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I take that back..I was good with atleast one handgun in D1. Thorn. That gun was a beast before the big nerf though that no skill really was required. Was ok with Hawkmoon.

19. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I've never been a HC guy. That weapon requires patience and skill I just don't and will never have at this point. I liked using The Last Word in Y2 because it was a fun autori- I mean, HC to use, but other than that, not one hc ever interested me. You could give me all the god rolled Eyaslunas and Palindromes in the world and they'd go to waste on me. :p Sadly (?), I never witnessed Thorn's reign of terror.

20. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    Fatebringer evaporating those Thrall mobs though.

21. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Thorn heyday was fantastic. Real sense of pride after getting it from quest. They took the burn down from 11 to 9 to 7 then finally to 2 iirc all those numbers. Sucked so much as the pride was replaced by sadness.

So I finished IB with only 18 winning matches. Beyond pissed off at getting put on teams that have no clue what they’re doing.

22. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    My wins are WAY below that. And the quitter epidemic is bad. If you aren't in the lead after the initial clash, people quit very frequently.

23. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Can't believe I forgot about Fatebringer. Another weapon that I only got to have after its heyday. It's ROI/AOT exotic counterpart was simply not quite the same.

BLemelisk likes this.
  24. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah those exotic versions were cool, but not the way they were in Year 1.

In other news, Marty O'Donnell just confirmed my theory for the lyrics to "The Eighth" over on Reddit, and supplied me with the final word we were missing. Fifteen minutes of fame. It's amazing that a song from 2013 just got its lyrics deciphered now.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    During D1, this thread was more or less about @Darth_Invidious getting annoyed at my god tier RNG