main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion UPDATED: Game of Thrones Creators NOT to Write/Produce a New Series of Star Wars Films

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Diego Lucas, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I have mixed views on this because I have conflicted feelings on how they handle things on GOT.

2. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Wow, 12 whole replies before a scathing negative. That’s pretty good for the boards these days.

3. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    The 2020's are going to be pretty busy. Praise the seven gods of the Force.

4. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    ...which means that we have all of this AND a tv show to come! It's really rather surreal. But very welcome!

5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  6. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Man, the roaring 20's are making a comeback.

7. KembaSkywalker

KembaSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 16, 2016

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Done.

intravenusdemilo likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I foresee we will have many new sub forums soon.

jaqen likes this.
  10. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    I think this implies that we'll be done with the Skywalker saga next year.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  11. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I legit thought this was a TheOnion article that people were taking seriously.

Colour me interested. More Star Wars yes please.

Darthur C. Clarke likes this.
  12. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    And this before any more announcements about another anthology. I wonder if the anthologies are getting put on the backburner.

13. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Just like Lucas intended, new Star Wars films forever and ever and ever. I'm not complaining.

Jedi Merkurian and Bowen like this.
  14. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Um... hey Lucasfilm... maybe cool your jets with the Star Wars "series" and "trilogy" announcments. If you're still only doing one film a year we just got our next decade lined up, which is entirely disappointing for fans like me of the anthology films.

15. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    I did not see this coming at all. Not to say that I am not pleasantly surprised though :)

16. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    This just dropped on me unexpectedly while I was on my lunch break and godd@mn is this crazy!

17. JamieH

JamieH Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 25, 2015
    I don't think that is totally fair. First of all, trying to continue in Martin's style without Martin is exceedingly difficult. He is an extremely unique writer, willing to do things and take risks with his narrative that almost no other writer is willing to do, including things that are extremely story unfriendly. Starting out the GOT books, you can't even really figure out who the real main characters of the saga are for several BOOKS and even then you aren't really sure. That takes some serious guts.

Benioff and Weiss are not as good as Martin for sure. But who is? They are trying to wrap up the show in a satisfying way. The author of the books has had decades to do so and can't figure out how to do it. So...........they have taken some shortcuts. Some have been great, some have fallen flat. But IMO it has been good TV, even when it hasn't been perfect to the original storyline, or what "Martin would do".

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  18. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I wouldn't necessarily say done, but definately getting a break for the forseeable future. With 16 years between ROTJ and TPM, and another ten years between ROTS and TFA, I wouldn't say that it is impossible that the story might one day return to the Skywalker saga.

19. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    I find it fascinating that we've had announcements of the Rian Johnson trilogy and now this new series, both of which are nebulous prospects at best, but there's been no official confirmation of a Kenobi or Fett film.

20. Strategize

Strategize Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2017
    Lol, GRRM left them out in the desert with a couple of bullet points while he sits on his ass for 7 years unable to write a single book. And yet, despite this they've still somehow managed to make it work and continued creating the most ambitious show ever made.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Are they going to replace the spinoffs with new series

22. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    This is amazing news! I feel like everything exciting that I want to happen has been happening in Star Wars lately! But I fully expect the internet to poo poo on this news too. Oh well.

[​IMG]

23. JamieH

JamieH Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 25, 2015
    BTW, I have some serious doubts that we will have the RJ trilogy AND this other trilogy too. That seems like Star Wars overkill. But I guess we will have to wait and see.

24. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    A new Series of Films, not Trilogy.

Bowen likes this.
  25. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    They're not mutually exclusive no? I mean, this announcement makes no mention of a trilogy, so they can be doing a series of anthology films right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.