main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V SOLO: A Star Wars Story (untagged spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Jul 9, 2015.

1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I would actually like a version of that song (changes can include no reference to OT events) played during the credits of the film.

Gamiel likes this.
  2. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    The only song that needs to be played in Solo is a Star Wars-ified Redbone.

In a funky cantina.

Slow zoom in on Lando sitting in the back, a girl on each arm, and a mountain of credits on the table in front of him. Yes, it's very meta, but then I can die a happy man.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  3. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    Could that lady be Katya M'Buele from the old Marvel comics? :p

Senpezeco likes this.
  4. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    He had loads of character development in ANH. He starts off as a mercenary who owes money to his boss. He even states his motivation out loud “ I’m not in this for your revolution I expect to be well paid I’m in this for the money”

His relationship with Luke and Obi-Wan is crusty at best “watch your mouth kid or your going to find yourself floating home”
    “Boy you said it Chewie, Where did you dig up that old fossil”

While he doesn’t even believe the Force even exists “it’s a lot of simple tricks and nonsense”

By the end of the movie, he literally comes back and saves the day and the Rebels and Luke at the last second when he doesn’t need too.
    He develops a friendship with Luke and is even respectful (if not believing) of Luke’s view of the Force.

It’s the classic character arc of the Rogue with a heart of Gold. So yeah he had development.

5. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    There can still be character growth to get him to where he is in ANH. Kids aren’t born cynics. Think Kenobi through the prequels to ANH.

I’m not 100% sold on Alden yet given that we’ve collectively had less than a minute worth of footage with him So I want to hold off and whether I feel he does Solo (not Harrison) well. I will say that from the what little we’ve seen I’ve drawn a few positive signs - the smug look he gives Qi’ra as well as that last scene in the trailer with him spitballing that he has things under control.

Looking forward to seeing more of Alden and his portrayal of Han. Glover on the other hand didn’t need to even speak a word and I was convinced he was Lando. I love the synchronized salute between him and LE-E3.

kalzeth, Kylun and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  6. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    The Prequels are Kenobis character arc though. Kenobi doesn’t change during the OT. He is still the same smug liar at the end of Jedi that he was in the beginning of Hope.

Solo on the other hand has a huge character arc in the OT.

That said, there is still room for a different character arc pre Hope that gets him from young idealistic street punk, to jaded cynical smuggler.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I think the only reason people don't like it already is because Harrison Ford isn't playing Han. How do we not know that he isn't a consultant on the film?

8. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Because he’s an actor not a consultant.

9. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    True, but Harrison Ford did play Han Solo. Perhaps he is a consultant on what he feels Han is in his mind or coached Alden.

10. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Trailer music, especially for a teaser, is rarely part of the film's score itself -- obviously certain trailers, especially Star Wars ones, tend to use established themes, but only from previous films in the series: it's not as if Rey's Theme was used for the TFA trailers, or the Rogue One theme showed up before the film.

I wonder if there might be something in John Williams' new arrangement of "Han Solo and the Princess", though: it was debuted a couple of days ago, and mixes the love theme with some new material and orchestrations. I wonder if there's any link to the theme he's composed/composing for Solo.

BigAl6ft6 and Taalcon like this.
  11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I'm actually waiting for somebody to remake the trailer with 'I'm Han Solo' as the main music

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  12. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    There'd also be no reason to keep that a secret. It's wouldn't spoil anything about the movie and would even be a selling point they'd want the audience to know.

Plus, there's no way Harrison would be interested in something like that.

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

Daneira likes this.
  13. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    They already have. Many times already.

14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Well, then I'm just bad at internet searching because I have not found them [face_dunno]

15. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
  16. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    This isn't exactly news, Gamiel :p

17. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I am so happy right now.

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I’m pained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigAl6ft6, Vthuil and CaptainPeabody like this.
  19. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    I've been going crazy over this all morning, and just about to post about this in here, and then I saw you had. This is SO GOOD, and I love the idea of indicating where John Williams' headspace has been, re: Han Solo Music. I joked on Twitter that, realizing a missed opportunity for the TFA end credits, this is John Williams saying, "This will begin to make things right."

BobaMatt likes this.
  20. nancipants

nancipants Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 16, 2017
    ...I JUST realized who you are on Twitter.

TheRedBlade and Taalcon like this.
  21. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  22. The Raddinator

The Raddinator Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2017
    Well, to be fair, he has a huge character arc in ANH and ESB. Then his character is pretty much done and just hangs around in ROTJ. :p

tatooinesandworm likes this.
  23. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    You should have tried the social thread. :p

24. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
  25. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Well, at the very least, he did meet with Alden:
    [​IMG]

AusStig, Kylun and Barriss_Coffee like this.