main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion UPDATED: Game of Thrones Creators NOT to Write/Produce a New Series of Star Wars Films

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Diego Lucas, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Love GoT and excited for more Star Wars films however I do worry about SW fatigue. However, I'll be there though watching them :) I'm more interested in what these guys will do than the RJ trilogy.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I will watch this news with "great interest" (j/k) :D, and I bet Dinklage knew which was why he said something about wanting to be in SW (I wish these gentlmen were doing Kenobi and then their own thing.)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  3. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Does that reflect on B&W though?

Benioff seems to think it's rape? Neither B or W are Director Alex Graves. Did Weiss have anything to do with even writing the episode? It says Benioff co-wrote it.

--

Primarily, GOT is an HBO product. And Star Wars isn't HBO.

4. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Let me just point out something, to everyone who has an issue with the (I will add mild and few and far between scenes) of incestuous sex in GOT.

This series (books remember) was/is massively influenced by medieval Europe, kings & queens, bloodlines and family trees. it was (rightly or wrongly) a normal, everyday occurrence.. Think War Of The Roses, Joan Of Arc etc.

In those times - incestuous sex was the norm. Royal families went about it to ensure pure bloodlines for those next in line for the throne.

I'd say get over it. I WILL NOT be explored, EVER in a SW movie. Closest we will ever get is Leia kissing her brother in TESB, and declaring that of course she loves him in ROTJ>

Sake.

5. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    :eek: Completely blind-sided by this, and I love it! And talk about continuing the GoT connections: Gwendoline Christie, Ian McElhinney, Kate Dickie, Emilia Clarke, and now D&D themselves (which makes me even more curious about who might be in IX). It'd be cool if they bring in Ramin Djawadi for at least one score.

As for the concerns/criticisms, I've argued enough about Season 7 alone to not care anymore. The show is still easily one of the richest and overall most impressive I've seen. For me, its intro is comparable to the opening crawl in SW as an important part of the experience (Anthology films notwithstanding).

I think that's an unfair statement, one not unlike what made me hesitant to start watching the show. But I found out it's much more than doom and gloom. The family dynamics are very important, and there's even a fair amount of humor and light-hearted moments. The light and dark play off one another, which makes me more invested in the story and characters.
    Yeah, that scope is something I hope they bring to this, while also making the various characters interesting.

Strategize and Iron_lord like this.
  6. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    Leia kissing Luke was TOO CLOSE!

This marriage between Star Wars and GOT was just destined to be, ever since that moment.

rorow1 likes this.
  7. HugoWanKenobi

HugoWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 3, 2013
    This day, Star Wars as we remember it, died.

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Just expand to different era's, groups, wars, regions of the galaxy, etc.
    Best way to avoid fatigue.

9. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    Seriously?

10. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    Which, funnily enough, is probably what they will do, and have already decided to do. Weird eh?

11. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    I think the press release in the SW site said their series os movies has nothing to do with the Skywalker saga. So, no Luke. Or Leia. Or Kylo. Or Vader.

Yora likes this.
  12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Cool. I'll go with that.
    It doesn't have to be a bad thing.

13. The Shrike

The Shrike Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Casting KOTOR using only Game Of Thrones actors:

Darth Revan = Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
    Canderous Ordo = Rory McCann
    Bastila Shan = Oona Chapling
    Carth Onasi = Joe Dempsie

Feel free to do your own versions.

14. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    And Julian Glover was in the same film.

15. NexuLeader

NexuLeader Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 18, 2017
    Maybe these guys could do some kind of Plagueis movie?

16. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Exciting news. I love that we're getting more "disconnected" SW films with no ties to the Skywalker saga.

Iger saying “a particular point in time in the Star Wars franchise” sounds like the Old Republic, but I'm fine if it's not.

Trikuza23 likes this.
  17. skybender

skybender Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2017
    Considering there is more character development in the first episode of GOT than what we've gotten in the ST so far, I consider this a good thing.

JamieH, Yora, Gamma626 and 2 others like this.
  18. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
  19. Starkiller17

Starkiller17 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 6, 2010
    Wow.

Trikuza23, Yora and DarthRosie like this.
  20. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003

Yes i want him in it...Dinklage!...Dinklage!...Dinklage!...Dinklage!...Dinklage!...(crowd chants)

Trikuza23 and Force Smuggler like this.
  21. RexTano

RexTano Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2017
    Sorry, this is just crazy. In addition to the core trilogy of trilogies, set to conclude in less than 2 years, the anthology "trilogy", whose third film subject, director, writer and release date are TBA (AFAIK, been out of the loop a bit), the upcoming RJ trilogy (that's 15 films folks), plus a new animated AND live action series, there's going to be yet another trilogy? Again, that's just crazy.

It's not that there isn't enough potential good material to be imagined and covered, there is. It's just that, between audience oversaturation and the likelihood that trying to make so many SW films in a relatively short amount of time will result in churn-it-out mediocrity, this will probably kill SW as a franchise that longtime fans will be interested in. It'll become like Law and Order and its 73 different versions. It'll still be popular and make money, but it will cease to be special.

22. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Try this: http://www.imdb.com/search/name?roles=tt0944947,tt2527336&ref_=rlm

Note Nina Gold in particular.

Grey Matter likes this.
  23. Starkiller17

Starkiller17 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 6, 2010
    In regards to the potential "over saturation":

I don't see it as a problem. As I said earlier, I can't get enough Star Wars. I say buckle up and enjoy the ride!

24. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Go have fun watching the same 6 movies over and over. Meanwhile I and many others will look forward to new content. Sounds reasonable right?

Tobi, civilsecret, Trikuza23 and 5 others like this.
  25. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Regarding diversity concerns:

Trikuza23, Jozgar, TX-20 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.