main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Alden Ehrenreich (Han Solo) in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by ScorpionJedi, May 5, 2016.

1. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    LOL I am staring hard at that gif. I need to quit or I may just develop a small crush. LOL

Gamma626 likes this.
  2. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    We know he’s not Harrison Ford. But he looks close enough. His voice isn’t like Harrison’s, but I’m perfectly fine to go along with it. This is a story about the character. The spirit will still be there.

3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Agreed. The more I watch the trailer the happier I am with Alden.

I know, TCF-1138 and Giovs like this.
  4. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Yeah, I'm buying him as Han. I love Harrison and his portrait of the character, but there's no way we can get a Harrison Ford 2.0, we needed someone who can pull off Han's trademark charm, and by what I saw in the trailer, I think he did it. Every time I watch it again, I accept him even more as Han. So Alden is fine in my book, I hope he nails it in the movie.
    But of course there are those that will not see another actor as Han. I just hope they don't bother Alden too much... fans can be a real pain when they want too.

EDIT: And just a reminder, Harrison did meet with Alden:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  5. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm buying him as Han as well. Looks pretty convincing, if only from a short trailer. If everyone accepts Ewan McGregor as a young Obi-Wan, I don't see this as any different. Besides, I don't for a minute doubt that LFL is WELL aware how closely Alden's performance will be picked apart in comparison to Ford's. I'm sure they worked to have his mannerisms, movements, look and accents match as closely as possible.

Acting coach, indeed!!!

I gotta say I am quite excited for this film now (was before, but even more now). One of the things I'm most interested to see are Glover's performance as Lando Calrissian, and especially how Han interacts with Chewbacca when they first meet, and their dynamic in their first couple scenes together. I mean one could imagine, realistically-they weren't immediately BFFs right at first sight. That possiblility really intrigues me, and depending on how it plays out could give their relationship we see in the other films much more meaning!

Giovs likes this.
  6. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    The more I watch and read, I get the "ahhh, that's what he's doing here." moment.

Reading that his mannerisms in the speeder chase are right out of American Graffiti... They've thought about this stuff.

Trikuza23, Krueger, Strongbow and 3 others like this.
  7. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Cadence and intonation is more important, IMO, that straight up imitation.

8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yeah. I've seen the trailer a few times now. There're definitely a few Harrison-esque mannerisms there. Their voices are very different, can't deny it, but certain lines are delivered in a very similar way to Ford. Its good.

9. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, I'm already buying Alden as young Han. This movie looks too good to let the recast ruin it. He'd have to be terrible, and he's not, so far.

10. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I don't mind the voice at all. Makes it even more clear that he's much younger here.

Darth Chiznuk and I know like this.
  11. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    For me, personally, Ewan IS Obi-Wan, more than Alec was. Crazy, I know. I doubt Harrison will ever truly be replaced in my heart (he's my favorite actor), but I'm more than willing to see Alden as the character.

12. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  13. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    There have been a ton of articles released today and the more I read the more anticipation builds! :)

Giovs and BadAcrobat like this.
  14. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Same here, and it's easier for me because I know Alec didn't like Star Wars, and had a lot of negative things to say about Obi-Wan, to the point of retconning that it was his idea to kill the character when all other documentation says otherwise.

Ewan's had a fair bit of harsh words on Star Wars too, like with 2's title, but overall he seemed to like being Obi-Wan far more than Alec. So for me Ewan is Obi-Wan, and the amount of screentime he has as Obi-Wan over the PT is longer than Alec's Obi-Wan in the OT.

15. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    Ewan was playing a much younger version of Kenobi, so I think that's why people were more accepting of his appearance and voice. Alden's Han is five or so years before ANH, which makes any differences more apparent, such as his voice. But indeed, if these stories are going to be told, recasting is essential. So it's not a problem for me. He looks the part. The Han Solo attitude is still there.

wobbits likes this.
  16. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    He looks so good that I think that even Darth Vaders daughter would fall in love with him.

17. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    He looks a LOT like a younger Dennis Quaid tbh... and my sympathies lie with this young man, who is most likely going to get very publically humiliated in the by June after this this comes out (he really can't win).

18. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
  19. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    themoth likes this.
  20. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    [​IMG]

Where have I seen that shirt before?????

[​IMG]

But the jacket is pure BSG...
    [​IMG]

21. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I really am going blind! I thought that shirt was navy when I saw the cover shot of EW mag.

22. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
  23. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
  24. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I don't really see him as Han admittedly

25. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5